Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: What side do you fall on RIGHT NOW?

PleaseBlitz

Ok, the Skins are 5-6. They have lost 3 heartbreakers in a row.

Which are you? Optimistic or Pessimistic.

Optimistic--The offense took a quantum leap forward this year. Brunell showed the ability to lead the O. Santana Moss is great and Cooley is everything we hoped he would be. The Lavar trials are behind us. And hey, when Gibbs was first hired, everyone pretty much agreed that he had 3 years to show us something and restore this franchise to something more than it has been for the past decade. Hey, we beat Dallas. And Philly.

Pessimistic--3 loses in a row. Almost no hope for the playoffs (again). Still the same old QB woes with one on the last legs of his career, 1 on the way out of town, and 1 who has yet to take a snap. The defense took a quantum leap backwards this year. No 1st round draft pick upcoming. To many players getting paid too much money for not enough production.

We do have a first round pick this year -- he wears number 17 and went to college at Auburn.

Honestly, it boggles my mind that people can't grasp that concept. It will be looked upon as a brilliant move if Campbell pans out...took our franchise QB a year early and got him an extray year of experience.

Not to mention that last year's skins team would be 3-8 or 2-9 at this point in the season. We've had a TOUGH schedule, and realistically, being 5-6 at this point is pretty good, considering our team last year. Its also pretty good considering we could easily be 8-3 if the calls go our way and we can hold our 4th quarter leads the past 3 weeks.

There is nothing but optimism there, you just have to look in the right places.

Im sorry, but everyone who has read my posts know im a pessimist. BUt that's just the way I am as a person. Nothing against the 'Skins. But I am optimistic EVERY preseason and i am optimistic up to a point. Then I see things i don't like and become pessimistic

Pessimistic until proven otherwise with the bunch. I love this team and will follow them whether 0-16 or 16-0 but I dont feel good about the rest of the season based on the way this year has gone. I hope im proved wrong and all but I just dont feel good about this Rams game nor do I feel good about the Cowboy/Giants or Eagles games.

We do have a first round pick this year -- he wears number 17 and went to college at Auburn.

Honestly, it boggles my mind that people can't grasp that concept. It will be looked upon as a brilliant move if Campbell pans out...took our franchise QB a year early and got him an extray year of experience.

Not to split hairs, but i said "No 1st round draft pick upcoming." I grasp the concept. Im going to be pissed if we got a # 25 pick in exchange for a #12 or 15th pick next year, PLUS the pick we already gave the Broncos.

Just one of those deals. IF he pans out its brilliant. If not, well........

Now back to our regularly scheduled poll thread.

HOW CAN YOU BE OPTIMISTIC? seriously, we can't beat the 3-6 raiders at home. we get killed 36-0 by the giants. We have no offense. Im sorry but we have no offense. they lost the last two games for us. Im glad they can have a fluke game and score on tampa but they suck. the skins have given me no reason to be optimistic right now. not this year, not the past 12 years. Optimisim at this point equates with stupidity and denial.

PS. if anyone on here talks to gibbs, please tell him his play calling is awful. stop running the ball when portis has 70 yards in the first half? run the ball all game when portis is getting nothing? so pretictable and so bad.

Archived