Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official post-game thread -- Chargers at Skins.

Art

During my time in football the game was played with heart, guts, and the thrill of competing , the skins coaching staff has showen me that they would rather gamble on a miscue of the other team instead of the physcial talent of their own , and this team has a lot. If more time was spent on modifing the game plan, surly a more productive win would come about instead of a very heart breaking lose as we have suffered this season. The reason the player we let go show up big in other locations is due to other coach knowing that players ability that we pasted up

With 11.11 left in the 4th quarter you dont play conservative, you play to keep your defence fresh and put the game out of the opposing teams hands, the refs hands, and to get the score up. If you are game planning and paying attention to the games you played, and saw how you lost then you try to score as much as you can. These guys are all nicked up. Mostly on D, but you dont give them a break with the tight clipboard playcalling. Its half the reason why the Defence breaks down in the 4th, the Offence does not help out at all and leaves the D on the field too long. This in returns helps the opposing team to produce and get agressive, and thus snatch a win from us time and time again. Im sure they look at game film on us to be ready to do that in the 4th, why dont we do the same and change that mind-set we get into in the 4th?

Classy posts. However, I don't think you can quite understand our frustrations...

Ever since we won the Super Bowl in '91, we have made the playoffs just once. Losing seems to be a mainstay in D.C.

San Diego, while not very good for awhile, has been on the up and up for years now.

You forget, We were in a SB (94), but have never won any. Trust us we understand your frustration. Every year looking for change in the wind. Having to endure a "Leaf"., how about several 1-15 to 4 -12 seasons.

yes we are up the past two years. last year and this. Frustration could still come with us not making the playoffs in a year where we should have won 3 of the 4 games we've lost. No we understand your frustration. perfectly well.

I agree. Things will change for the better. Minus the two latter, game-changing rushing TDs by BLT, the Redskins defense has been superb for the most part of the game. You had the right defensive game plan by rushing Brees to throw the ball in a hurry because that essentially took away Gates from the game. When Brees shoots out the ball deep down field without being set, chances are he's going to underthrow the ball. Brees can be consistent and accurate with his short- and mid-range passes, but he has a weak arm.

It's also unfair that the Skins have been bitten by the injury bug. I couldn't call this a fair game because Washington was missing Patten and Thrash. They could have contributed to the game just like how SD's Eric Parker stepped it up for the Chargers.

Redskins fan till the end but i have to say i agree with the main theme on this board. Gibbs playcalling was so conservative in the 4th quarter (and the 4th quarter of the last three games) that he basically gave the game away. the defense can not stop the run or rush the passer to save the lives and they certainly can't do it the 4th quarter. Mark Brunell is not the answer. He is 34 years old and gutless when it comes to making the tough throws in the 4th. We need to to either put Ramsey in or start the JASON CAMPBELL ERA.

:dallasuck As a SKINS fan for 30+ years now theres been up's and down's.But the last two have been the hardest because with Gibbs return,hopes were very high.Im no expert on calling plays from the comfort of my couch,but SOMETHING!! has to be done about the offense AND defense.Every season,we start great then fade or vice versa(sorry if I spelled that wrong lol).Gibbs is still a God in my home and he should be allowed to continue coaching,but he has to rethink his conservative play calling.The season is done!!Take the rest of the season and try gutsy plays and mixing up the players who have done nothing and put in the younger up and commers and see who can spark the team for...I hate saying this every year but...next year...:2cents:

As my first post, I'm gonna bring up the obvious...No pass rush WHATSOEVER and no punter. Why the heck did we get rid of Andy Groom? I thought he had a great pre-season. Frost has just killed us with the NCAA length punts. I've never been so frustrated after a 'Skins loss. Maybe it's just been building for the last three weeks, but this is ridiculous. Once again, no playoffs. We should have won the last three games and blew them in the fourth quarter. Even if we take the loss to Oakland, give us what we should have had: a W vs. TB and a W vs. SD and we are 7-4 right now. OUCH!

:helmet: The lost today against the Chargers was a big one. The Redskins defense was doing very well in the first half but what happened in the second half. Besides Walt Harris interception the defense was tired. Springs got he INT near the end of the 4th but of course our offense let us down. Rabach got called for holding and I mean thats just the Redskins luck. In OT the Chargers didn't waste any time scoring with LT. The bottom line is all of the Skins losses besides the Giants one have been 4th quarter very close losses if we won those we would be like 11-5 and on top of the NFC East.

I am sick of not going to the playoffs every year.:mad:

Thanks Brunell...that helps, and you summed up why the 'Skins have morphed into a perenial lower echelon team.

Anyone else notice this...not twenty seconds after the 'skins lost a "heart-breaker" in overtime, and saw their hopes of making the playoffs this year obliterated (and yes, any hope of the 'Skins making the playoffs this year died today), Mark Brunell was shown on the sideline laughing and having a great old time with one of the Chargers' players.

Well, if the QB and leader of the team doesn't care, why should I (or any other fan that bleeds with every frustrating 'Skins loss)?

It really is disgraceful conduct, and it shows why the 'Skins are nothing but wannabe contenders. How the leader of the team can care so little that he's able to laugh on the sidelines less than a minute after watching his team get beat, is beside me. Sincerely, Brunell should be fined for such embarrassing conduct. If Snyder is looking for the reason why the 'Skins lose again and again in situations where they should be able to win, he has only to look at that disgusting attitude.

Just imagine it...the guy just saw his team get beat in a heart breaking come from behind victory, and just saw his hopes of making the playoffs dashed, and he's laughing and having a great old time on the field in front of all the cameras. That is unproffessional, disgraceful, and should be unacceptable to the Redskins organization.

I disagree with most of you on here as usual. We lost today because of penalties and bad execution of the play calling. Joe Gibbs didn't lose this game for us, in fact he put us in the position to win the game. There are some people on here that are calling for the resignation of Coach Gibbs, but i do not agree with that. He has done a great job with this team. Have you forgotten what he has done before? 3 Superbowls with 3 different QB's. Sure i don't agree with his conservative play calling today, but that is not what cost us the game. Don't bury this team just yet. There are still a few games left to be played and they are still in the playoff hunt. They have done a remarkable job this year, but our offense needs to get back on track to be able to win. Just take it one game at a time. :dallasuck

Too easy of a win? Your team was losing the second half until the fourth and barely came away with the win. That does not seem easy to me. How many interceptions did Brees throw? I lost count. Don't disrespect the team and their fans by saying that was just too easy of a win!!!!!!!

Too easy of a win? Your team was losing the second half until the fourth and barely came away with the win. That does not seem easy to me. How many interceptions did Brees throw? I lost count. Don't disrespect the team and their fans by saying that was just too easy of a win!!!!!!!

LOL I was kidding. That was a down right nasty game! You guys played great! I was yelling Fu(k at my t.v. the whole game!

Thanks Brunell...that helps, and you summed up why the 'Skins have morphed into a perenial lower echelon team.

Anyone else notice this...not twenty seconds after the 'skins lost a "heart-breaker" in overtime, and saw their hopes of making the playoffs this year obliterated (and yes, any hope of the 'Skins making the playoffs this year died today), Mark Brunell was shown on the sideline laughing and having a great old time with one of the Chargers' players.

Well, if the QB and leader of the team doesn't care, why should I (or any other fan that bleeds with every frustrating 'Skins loss)?

It really is disgraceful conduct, and it shows why the 'Skins are nothing but wannabe contenders. How the leader of the team can care so little that he's able to laugh on the sidelines less than a minute after watching his team get beat, is beside me. Sincerely, Brunell should be fined for such embarrassing conduct. If Snyder is looking for the reason why the 'Skins lose again and again in situations where they should be able to win, he has only to look at that disgusting attitude.

Just imagine it...the guy just saw his team get beat in a heart breaking come from behind victory, and just saw his hopes of making the playoffs dashed, and he's laughing and having a great old time on the field in front of all the cameras. That is unproffessional, disgraceful, and should be unacceptable to the Redskins organization.

I noticed that too!! Didn't you just want to go through the TV and knock him upside his head? That s*** just added fuel to my fire!!!:(

The OT coins toss. Their missed field goals. Winning this game relied so heavily on luck. We were two extremely close matched teams. And the winner would ultimately be decided by who gets lucky breaks. We had some and so did they. I just hope some of our next games will be better.

Dead wrong, dead wrong dead wrong. How's the old saying go, "if your good you make your own luck," luck had nothing to do with us losing, and if you think so you probably believe in chain letter curses and unicorns, bad plays and bad coaching are the reasons. DUHH

This was not bad coaching. It was poor execution. Of couse the conservative play calling in the fourth hurt us, but we cannot dwell on those plays. What about all of the other good plays. The reason we lost was because of penalties and poor execution!

After this week, Im seriously wondering why I ever started liking the redskins. For years it's been disappointment after disappointment. After Spurrier, well, I'll keep it PG- after he 'messed up' and Joe Gibbs returned, I thought, 'Alright! Finally the Skins are going to actually do well.' Ehh.. shockingly, the Skins found a way to disappoint. Gibbs year 1- Defense, no offense. Gibbs year 2- Defense, doing what they can, but not enough and Offense.. well, let's just say we're either catching up or losing a lead at all times.

In summation, Im very sad. This loss caps it. My hopes were high at half time, then LT woke up and.. well, you know. Im kind of hoping we dont win too many more so we can get a good draft pick. The 'rebuilding' continues.

Archived