Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official post-game thread -- Chargers at Skins.

Art

All,

This thread may be linked directly from Redskins.com so feel free to contribute your thoughts on the game when it ends. The thread is closed until after the game when TK will open it since I'll be at the game. Enjoy.

And, I guarantee we win by two touchdowns :). Take my word on that :).

Art.

Yeah! We suck! Our offense once again plays to barely keep up. We don't play to put more points on the board. We seem content being up by 3 points. This is one heartbreaking season. We needed this one, our offense has no heart! Here's to next season! We play so not to make mistakes and be ridiculed, but we end up losing and that happens anyways. Go conservetive offense! Oh ya, ENTER JASON CAMPBELL!

Gibbs is the reason we've lost the last three games. We can point to Royal or Frost or Brunell or pass rush---fact is, he's the lynchpin and the common element to our meltdowns.

The worst part is, he hasn't seemed to LEARN ANYTHING. This offense is more explosive, but I think it's starting to dawn on a lot of people that the O didn't change as much over the offseason as they were led to believe. I still see a lack of crossing routes, slants, etc. Why Santana runs only screens, hooks/stops and deep posts or go routes I don't know.

But "attitude reflec' leadership." If your coach gives up with 8 mins to go in a game because he's scared to make the big mistake--YOU WILL MAKE THE BIG MISTAKE. That mistake can come in the form of a blown coverage, a bad angle or merely a holding penalty at the wrong time.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, the balloon of the myth of our omniscient coaching staff has been punctured for some of those that expressed such blind faith in them and everything they said. It's just sad that their awakening would come in this way.

Good game, fellas. The Skins' pass defense is the best the Chargers have faced all year, better than the Philadelphia game in my opinion. It's very evident Brees lost some confidence and made some dumb mistakes after being sacked 3 times. However, I don't understand why the D became conservative in overtime. That's typically what the Chargers do.

It's OVER folks. I want to believe in this team, but I CANNOT! No playoffs for the 6th straight year and 12th out of 13 F*CKING YEARS! The conservative play calling on BOTH sides of the ball towards the end of games is KILLING this team. We HAD this game and let it go! Just like the playoffs, we had it and let it go! I wish we could turn this ship around, but we can't. Even if we run off 5 wins (which won't happen) I don't know if we could get in at 10-6!

Im so sick of hearing the word conservative offense that I can barely stand to watch us while we are on offense. Gibbs and Co. need to hand the reigns over. Gibbs MUST step away from the offensive side of the playcalling. He just needs to be the head coach and let someone else deal with the offense.

This loss is 110% Gibbs.

One word can describe the Joe Gibbs/Mark Brunell era of Redskins football: choke.

Watching the redskins choke every week is really starting to become ordinary, unfortunately. Gibbs football makes Marty-ball look liberal. Also, the Mark Brunell resurrection is now officially over.

It was fun while it lasted Mark, now take a seat.

BTW, can we STOP blaming turnovers? Three turnovers we FORCED---we LOST the SAME WAY.

Wow, I have to express strong agreement with phishead! ;)

I can't believe how much GIbbs and his hand-picked QB resemble each other. What's worse is that I believe Mark MAY, just MAY, still have the ability to make some plays if the offense doesn't go into a shell.

How much of an ability, I don't know. Tampa was an aberration in any case.

:mad: WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS TEAM THEY ALWAYS FIND A WAY TO KEEP THEMSELVES FROM WINNING. 3 WEEKS AND 3 LOSES IN GAMES THEY SHOULD HAVE ONE. THE OFFENSE FINALLY DOESN'T TURN OVER THE BALL AND THE CENTER CASEY RABACH CLIPS JAMAL WILLIAMS WHEN THE SKINS ARE ON THE 27 YD. LINE IM FG RANGE. ONCE AGAIN THE PROVE WHY THEY ARE ALWAYS HOME IN JANUARY!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Very simple:

No pass rush(the same as it's been for oh...about 15 years)

Mediocre run blocking at best

No punter

No kicker

all equal No win much less playoffs.

Frankly, I'm amazed Gibbs even has us at 5-6 with the lack of talent on both sides of the ball.

7-9, maybe 8-8 this year if we're lucky...

"Play to not lose" type football has been losing,im very very disappointed that gibbs hasnt realized his mistakes in previous games and still just sits on the lead and the ball..now im not like other supposed fans on here ,that come in after a loss looking to point fingers.This isnt a single mistake its a long string of losses with the lead and not putting the team away,so yes i will finger point at the coaching staff because ,wrong me once shame on you wrong me 3 or 4 times shame on me for believing.Read above someone blaming brunell...lol.But loss or no,im still behind my team 100%,though my faith in the staff has been shaken.

Wow, I can't believe the mentality of the offensive coaching staff in the 4th quarter! How many games do we have to lose because of being way too conservative and going 3 and out time and time again only to hand the ball over and choke?!!! Gibbs was lamenting the lack of turnovers the last few weeks and then they finally get some in this game only to hand the ball right back with an incredible lack of guts to go out and finish an opponent on offense!!! It's really tough to watch this team lose like this time and time again!!!

Also, what ever happened to the tough defense we had??? Repeated 3 and outs on offense in the 4th quarter is hard on the defense but they still are giving up huge plays when it matters the most!!!

AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

So much promise when we were up 17-7 and then 17-10... I enjoyed the 2 TD drives and was hoping for more of the same, although in the back of my mind I know what has become a trend in DC lately when we get a lead.

Brunell was on a roll, why go away from him?

Our defense fought hard, but we're still giving up the big plays... the game is not over after the 4th quarter. I was ecstatic after the Springs pick and wanted Gibbs to go for the TD and not settle...

Archived