Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official post-game thread -- Chargers at Skins.

Art

Hiya Redskin fans,

I am a native San Diegan and a Charger fan and after reading many of your posts, I have to say to you guys....DON'T GIVE UP!!! Yesterdays game could easily have gone to you, since in overtime, that flip of the coin just happened to come our way...and had you gotten the ball first, you could have scored first!

You gave us a great game! No one, this season, has been able to shut Brees down like you guys did..even those first losts we had...we were not all that great..it was luck of the draw! AND THE SEASON ISN'T OVER!!!! TILL ITS OVER....a lot can happen statistically in the next few weeks to other teams with better records!!! Who knows? Two wild card teams could possibly end up in the Super Bowl..I don't think it has ever happened..but you never know...

And, about JOE GIBBS...well, we love him here! Since he graduated from San Diego State University, and was Don "Air" Coryell's Offensive Coach when Don was in the process of creating that west coast football strategy...He's really great, Gibbs! You are only as good as the people you are supervising, are around, are being supervised by, etc. Stuff happens...He left the Chargers and took you to 4 Super Bowls...and you won 3 of them...San Diego has only been to two and lost both!!

With player salary caps, more and more NFL teams are equalizing finally...the year of the Dynasty may be gone! So it is being smart, strategy and luck and fandom that really makes the team now!

You have a great city (albeit I can't say much for the current politics:\:) and a great team and I know the fans are great..I have been in your stadium. (Don't ever go to a Philly game in your home colors..those people are mean, verbally and physically to the other teams fans...trust me..I only saw 3 minutes of that game)..but you guys aren't!

Good luck guys..you played a heck of game,..it was great to watch, a nail biter, and I am sure you would like to kick a San Diegans butt right now...just as we probably would privately if we had lost...well..go ahead...I am old enough to take it! Been a Charger fan since 1961...at age of 13...you do the math. And, when ready to take a vacation, come see us! and enjoy our weather and all we have to offer our visitors!...We just had a baby panda, our second, born at the zoo...

Surfs up!

Lynn

native San Diegan

love visiting Wash. DC

What a classy classy post. Thanks - no matter how great the current pain, we've already had more highlights this year than in any in recent memory. And Gibbs is still rebuilding this franchise.

I'm not happy. But I've still got some hope buried deep within the misery. Thanks for not adding to the pain :cheers:

Yeah thanks Lynnrd. That was very classy of you. I really like the great things you said about Joe Gibbs. I hate it when i read the posts on here that continually bash him. Thanks for another great post from a Chargers fan. I wish the best of luck to your team since LT is a native of my area. :dallasuck

Thank you very much, Lynn. What a classy, heartfelt post. Thank you for taking the time to try to lift us downtrodden & frustrated Skins. It is great to feel respected, and to know good thoughts you feel about our class coach. You, Totally Bolted & JCDavey & the like have really help re-'charge' us, giving light (lightning?) where it is so dark, and helped erase bad thoughts about a few San Diego trolls who posted prior to the game. I will root for your team to have a winning season.

God bless.

:cheers:

Gibbs is a hall of fame coach, and I respect and admire him as a coach and his ownership of Joe Gibbs racing, but....I am tired of hearing at his press conferences how much he is proud of the team and how the played their guts out. If this were the case then we wouldn't have lost 3 in a row, when in all 3 games we gave up the lead. We missed tackles, blew coverages, and couldn't convert plays on offense when it mattered. MAN UP!! Don't give up the big plays to allow the opponent to get back in the game and take the lead and run away with it. Don't get conservative, play hard for 60 minutes. Win the darn game, then tell me how great, and tough, and how proud you are. Joe, you are the man, but it is time to light some fire under these guys.

Joe Gibbs is not the man playing the game. He is merely the coach and tries to direct the team. I believe that if he was playing, then we would definitely win every game because he is such a freat leader. Obviously he lit a pretty good fire during halftime when they came right back out and scored 10 unanswered points. I would like to see less conservative plays called, but we have no control over that. Just get ready for the Rams(and quite possibly the playoffs)and that is a very slim possibility. I think the team has overcome many obstacles before and although this is a HUGE obstacle, I believe that this team can overcome that obstacle as well as any other that they face. Good Luck 'Skins! Keep up the good work! Oh yeah and :dallasuck!!

Every notice how everything changes and yet nothing changes at Reskins Park? There is one basic problem with the Skins -- WE NEED A GM. Face it -- all the collective football genius that you could find on this board could fit in a dixie cup. Dan Snyder has to quit playing GM. It should be quite apparent that he doesn't know as much as he thinks about NFL football. Oh but you say Joe Gibbs is the GM. One problem as GM he can't quite make an independent assessment of the coach now can he? There are only a handful of good NFL GMs that actually know NFL football and Danny needs to spend his $$$$$ on one otherwise all the hope, prayers and helpful advice on this board aren't going to make any difference.

Archived