Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The redskins should be a thanksgiving team

akorn22

Thanksgiving is about indians and pilgrims, so isn;t it more traditional to have the Redskins as a thanksgiving team. I mean thanksgiving wouldn;t even be a holiday if it wasn;t for indians. How did the cowboys and lions get chosen to be the thanksgiving teams anyway?

when the NFL started doing Thanksgiving games, they asked all the teams who would be willing to play, what with it being a holiday for the players and a shorter week to prepare and such, and they were the two teams that volunteered, so they've been stuck with it. I al ways thought the best thanksgivings were the ones that the redskins and cowboys played, but then I'm probably biased.

The Lions started the TG games back in the thirties; the Cowboys started much later, obviously. I like tradition and all, but the Lions are the friggin' black hole of football. They play indoors, they always stink, and nobody really cares about them except their 8 or 10 fans. I'd rather see that game rotate among different teams, or at least give them the 4 pm game when everybody's eating dinner. Say what you will about the Cowboys (and I hate them as much as you guys do), at least their TG games are often pretty interesting.

well i would love to watch the skins play more on thanksgiving but im afraid that if they played the tg game more often we surely would hear more out of the wacko politically correct group about our mascot being a slur and such. and honestly im sick of that argument.

The Lions started the TG games back in the thirties; the Cowboys started much later, obviously. I like tradition and all, but the Lions are the friggin' black hole of football. They play indoors, they always stink, and nobody really cares about them except their 8 or 10 fans. I'd rather see that game rotate among different teams, or at least give them the 4 pm game when everybody's eating dinner. Say what you will about the Cowboys (and I hate them as much as you guys do), at least their TG games are often pretty interesting.

Perhaps they should have let Detroit play a team that they at least had a chance to beat or at least a team they would have play competitively.

ya it kinda sux cuz you know they'll never change it from the lions and cowboys but at the same time i think if those teams are gonna play the should at least have divisional rivals play i dont care if its not the skins and packers playin them but have somebody thats gonna be a good matchup

Guest ComebackKing

Yeah next year I'd love to see a Detroit-Texans matchup. Last year they had to play the Colts which put everyone asleep by the 2nd half and this year the Falcons pretty much had the game wrapped up after the 4th drive.

Nothing was better on Thanksgiving then watching Barry Sanders, well maybe a Cowgirl loss, but since his retirement the Lions are very boring.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Amen. Barry Sanders made the Thanksgiving Games. Even if the Lions got Killed, Barry broke at least ten ankles

Archived