Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Texas Stadium Experience-what a dump!

melonhead1959

I've been in AZ stadium with a few losses under my belt...

Noone gets the best of me when it comes to trash talking.....

"You want the truth you can't handle the truth"...Bwahahaha!

I't s a little easier here with AZ fans all I have to do is hold my hand to my ear and ask..How many Superbowls????

no, Cowboys fans are not like Eagles fans, they don't throw batteries and whiskey bottles at people during the games :laugh:

the one time I saw a game at Texas Stadium half the people I met were not regular Cowboys fans but folks that got tickets to the one game and were in Dallas from out of town in nearby Oklahoma, Arkansas and from as far away as Seattle.

all these fans were hoarding up the programs (to bring back for relatives) and Dallas keychains, hats and pennants.

actually, the game I saw was not against the Redskins, but the LA Rams. The Cowboys were ahead 20-7 in the fourth quarter and a lot of the fans were headed out the turnstiles to walk the 2 miles back to their cars :laugh:

Two years ago my wife and I went to the Redskins game at Dallas-it was her first ever trip to an NFL game and she was excited! The excitement waned when we noticed how dumpy and rundown Texas Stadium was. Then, prior to pre-game warmups, the Jumbo-Tron showed the Dallas mascot kicking and stomping a guy wearing a Skins jersey, followed by the words: Don't You Just Hate The Redskins? This drew a standing ovation. Once the game started, a group of dim bulb Cowboy fans started yelling and cursing anyone within earshot wearing a Redskins jersey. After the Skins loss, we had to endure brutal trash talk from a host of drunken idiots all the way back to where we were parked. Needless to say, it was a terrible experience for my wife's first NFL game.

HOWEVER.....We decided to go back to the Texas Stadium rathole for the Monday Night Game this year. The silence walking back to the truck after that game was deafening! Payback is so sweet.......

Redskins fan since 1965....and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!!!!

melonhead1959:dallasuck

I've never been there, but i'd imagine it's like, what open day at Alcatraz prison would have been like.

I went 2 years ago, and last year, while I was living in Little Rock. It is a crappy stadium, but the fans were overall cool with me. They did their trash talking before and after the game, never hostile, never abusive just little pokes at us for losing... I deserved what I got because it IS their stadium... although I wouldn't claim it..

I've never had the misfortune of going to that overinflated crackhouse, but after seeing that piece o' trash film a few years ago "Any Given Sunday," which included a lot of interior shots of Texass Stadium, it was shocking how filthy and dingy it looked. Now when I see it on TV, it's really funny how "America's Team" gets to play in such a dump. How deserving!

Looking at the exterior shots today, it looks pathetic. Also .. is the parking lot even paved?

I gotta say, I have attended many a game in dallas (when I lived in San Antonio) and I was never treated badly for showing my Skins colors. Most of them expressed their pity more than anything else....

That being said, I HATE THAT TEAM WITH STARS ON ITS EARS!!!

:helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Archived