Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Kerry wins election... as jury foreman

Redskins Diehard

CONGRATULATIONS MR. Kerry!! Lets all celebrate his victory...

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/11/23/kerry.juryduty.ap/index.html

BOSTON (AP) -- Sen. John Kerry's public profile and prosecutorial past didn't spare him from performing that most mundane of civic responsibilities -- jury duty.

Kerry was not only chosen this week to sit on a jury in Suffolk Superior Court, but also was elected foreman.

The case involved two men who sued the city for injuries suffered in a 2000 car accident involving a school principal. The Kerry-led jury rejected their claim Tuesday, and his fellow jurors said the state's junior senator was a natural leader.

"I just found him to be a knowledgeable, normal person," said Cynthia Lovell, a nurse and registered Republican who says she now regrets voting for President Bush in last year's election. "He kept us focused. He wanted us all to have our own say."

The former Democratic presidential candidate reported for duty Monday and none of the lawyers in the case objected to putting him on the jury.

"I was a little surprised," Kerry said of being selected for jury duty.

"I enjoyed it," he said. "It was very, very interesting and very instructive."

I think it's pretty cool that he actually did the jury duty thing. From what I hear it's not terribly hard to get out of it. Good for him.

It is a sad commentary about the world we live in today when someone is applauded for performing the most mundane civic duty. But I do agree with you, I hear it is easy to get out of. I've never been selected, probably because I've led a vagabond military life since I was eligible and have never been a registered voter in the same state for more than a couple of years at a time.

I heard Bush was called to serve for jury duty too once. He said he proudly served, but no one can remember seeing him and there are no jury notes of his ever having said anything or records of him being at court ;)

That would be kind of cool to be on a jury with a Senator and Pres. candidate. Would have been funnier if they hadn't elected him foreman because he waffled on the verdict too much.

Been selected twice, both times was not chosen. . . conflicting interests. For some reason, both cases I was brought in as a potential juror for involved marijuana :doh: When they asked if there was any reason you should not be involved in this case, I told the judge I thought it should be legal, and people should have the personal right to smoke it if they want. . . needless to say, I haven't been chosen as a juror yet.

Just part of his plan to seem like Average Joe and not Mr. Liberal Elitest as he prepares for another crack at the Presidency, something he's been obsessed about since he went to Vietnam and started re-enacting his "alleged" battles so they could appear on his campaign materials and Election commericals. :doh:

I can't stand the sight of him... mainly because his motivations and actions are nearly transparent. Do anything and everything to look like a hero, like his idol JFK, in the hopes of fooling the great unwashed and get elected POTUS. It's shameful, disgusting, and will fail.

Just part of his plan to seem like Average Joe and not Mr. Liberal Elitest as he prepares for another crack at the Presidency, something he's been obsessed about since he went to Vietnam and started re-enacting his "alleged" battles so they could appear on his campaign materials and Election commericals. :doh:

I can't stand the sight of him... mainly because his motivations and actions are nearly transparent. Do anything and everything to look like a hero, like his idol JFK, in the hopes of fooling the great unwashed and get elected POTUS. It's shameful, disgusting, and will fail.

Agreed. There is always an ulterior motive with this dude. I don't know who makes me want to puke more - him or his psycho wife.

ah, yes. the jury duty swing vote. Always a key demographic. You guys are way too cynical. This is just a nice story that doesn't mean all that much. Certainly won't be used or remembered in an election three years from today.

Oh no, I can see the campaign ads now:

John Kerry is just like us. He even serves on juries, just like us. Vote for Kerry. He's one of us.

Bank on it.

ah, yes. the jury duty swing vote. Always a key demographic. You guys are way too cynical. This is just a nice story that doesn't mean all that much. Certainly won't be used or remembered in an election three years from today.

The tin hats see conspiracy and sinster motives in everything. The guy did civic duty when called on, not a great thing but the fact they mock him for it is very telling.

The tin hats see conspiracy and sinster motives in everything. The guy did civic duty when called on, not a great thing but the fact they mock him for it is very telling.

Every word this guy utters is carefully scripted for his presidential ambitions. Unfortunately for him, his script often fails with the average American. To listen to him talk on the campaign trail was comical. The speeches at the campaign rallies were the best - "Who amongst us is not a NASCAR fan". I mean, really, who talks like that.

I heard Bush was called to serve for jury duty too once. He said he proudly served, but no one can remember seeing him and there are no jury notes of his ever having said anything or records of him being at court ;)

Thats more like it. What would a thread be without a little jab at Bush??

Can someone chime in on the jury history of one William Jefferson Clinton? And no, being investigated by one doesn't count as jury duty. Wait, I think that is the jab?

it is ok the GOP doesn't require you to hate him anymore he lost the election :doh:

I'll hate him till the day I die. I don't need the GOP to do my thinking or speaking for me. You see, sonny, some of us are not affiliated with any party or ideology. While my views are more Libertarian in nature, they certainly do not align point by point with that party. Maybe one day when you grow up you'll understand.

if he didn't serve he would be called an elitist for not doing his duty

now that he HAS he is called an elitist for pretending

There is no action he can do that would not "justify" hate from some rabid lunatics, Republican or otherwise.

The bottom line is Kerry is an elitist, regardless of his jury duty. His psycho wife is even worse. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

There is no action he can do that would not "justify" hate from some rabid lunatics, Republican or otherwise.

Well said. Can you imagine what republicans would be saying about liberals if it were us calling his duty a farce, and stating that he fought in "alleged" battles :doh:

Man, I find it completely reprehensible the attacks the GOP has made on some of our great soldiers, and it is really telling that they back their party, and not the soldiers.

The bottom line is Kerry is an elitist, regardless of his jury duty. His psycho wife is even worse. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

What do you call Bush??? :doh: I see you fall for a lot of marketing glitz and glamour, because Bush is far far more an elitist then Kerry. You just buy into the BS.

1. why is he an elitist

2. why does being an elitist warrant hate till death?

1. If I have to explain it, then you're a lost cause. (hint: for one thing, look at his voting record in the Senate).

2. It's not any elitist, it's this particular one (which also includes his despicable wife).

Well said. Can you imagine what republicans would be saying about liberals if it were us calling his duty a farce, and stating that he fought in "alleged" battles :doh:

Man, I find it completely reprehensible the attacks the GOP has made on some of our great soldiers, and it is really telling that they back their party, and not the soldiers.

Is it a big deal that Mr. Kerry reported for jury duty? Really, is it? And what in the world does this have to do with "our great soldiers"? Seriously.

What do you call Bush??? :doh: I see you fall for a lot of marketing glitz and glamour, because Bush is far far more an elitist then Kerry. You just buy into the BS.
1. why is he an elitist

2. why does being an elitist warrant hate till death?

Time out to get on the same page. One is Bush an elitist? And 2, is it wrong if he is?

And what any of this has to do with the article is still a mystery. I guess my grand experiment in the "Bush Bash Thread" played out here instead of there. I guess you REALLY do need a news article to get it started!

1. If I have to explain it, then you're a lost cause. (hint: for one thing, look at his voting record in the Senate).

2. It's not any elitist, it's this particular one (which also includes his despicable wife).

You could try explaining it...but it wouldn't work. This young man is a college student. Don't you know they HAVE the answers?

1 - I don't think you have a shred of evidence proving Sen Kerry is an elitest. Prove me wrong.

2 - What exactly is your problem with his wife other then the fact you have an irrational hatred for her husband?

one piece of "evidence" you gave was a quote:

"Who amongst us is not a NASCAR fan?"

I will assume that he actually did say this.

Saying that does not make him an elitist, it means he is a dumb politician. It means that is how he learned to speak by his environment and he wasn'st smart to bring his level of speech down to the level of most NASCAR fans (that last phrase was elitist). The fact that he didn't condescend would imply that he actually is not an elitist while a politican that would use NASCAR speech when he normally wouldn't is more of an elitist.

I haven't seen any evidence that makes him an elitist. An elitist is someone that thinks he is better than other people. He was definitely raised with privlidge just like the vast majority of politicians. (even ones that are successfully seen as too simple/stupid to be elitists, like GWB) but does that mean he thinks "ordinary" people are scum? I don't know, and I don't think you do either.

privlidge does not equal elitist

For example I have not had a very privlidged life (compared to JK or GWB) so far but I am probably as elitist as it gets.

Archived