Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaVar Arrington should be playing every down

Slateman

This is the second week in a row that I have been admiring his play at the end of the game. Arrington's goaline stop was impressive. Not just because he was fast. He read the play. He knew where they were gonna run the ball and he did something about it. He used his speed, his strength, and his head to make a great play.

And he's been doing this for a while. Its time for him to play every down. We need him. We need him blitzing off the edge, dropping back in coverage, and going sideline to sideline. He's learned his lesson. And honestly, I think he is a much better player because he had to sit out. He's become a more heady player.

So, in conclusion: START HIM!!!!!!!1

Clemons is a FAR better pass rushing threat from the defensive end position. It's not even close. So, we don't want Lavar there. I think the team feels Marcus and Marshall are better in coverage so that is probably why Lavar isn't in on a lot of third down packages where he'll come out for another coverage guy.

It's time for people to realize that LaVar has his moments, but he isn't the stud many think he is.

Is it Penn State bias? What is it that gets everyone's passions so high as to not be objective about this guy.

No player is more important than the team. Period.

Clemons is a FAR better pass rushing threat from the defensive end position. It's not even close. So, we don't want Lavar there. I think the team feels Marcus and Marshall are better in coverage so that is probably why Lavar isn't in on a lot of third down packages where he'll come out for another coverage guy.

Marshall a former DB, does well in coverage for a lb.

This is the second week in a row that I have been admiring his play at the end of the game. Arrington's goaline stop was impressive. Not just because he was fast. He read the play. He knew where they were gonna run the ball and he did something about it. He used his speed, his strength, and his head to make a great play.

And he's been doing this for a while. Its time for him to play every down. We need him. We need him blitzing off the edge, dropping back in coverage, and going sideline to sideline. He's learned his lesson. And honestly, I think he is a much better player because he had to sit out. He's become a more heady player.

Bravo :applause:

It's time for people to realize that LaVar has his moments, but he isn't the stud many think he is.

Is it Penn State bias? What is it that gets everyone's passions so high as to not be objective about this guy.

No player is more important than the team. Period.

Were not talking about TO!!! All LA does is makes plays, something that just doesnt happen when hes not on the field!!! :doh:

He is starting, just not playing on third down. clemons is much much better at rushing the QB, LA just runs into lineman and gets swallowed up

I agree. Stop takin' him out on 3rd downs, even if we don't blitz him just having him out there on 3rd downs will make the QB think twice and check where 56 is. He can provide that spart that we badly need on 3rd downs man..

Archived