Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why T.O. doesn't matter....

KevinthePRF

I heard this story on the radio a few minutes ago from a Bengals fan who had 50 yard line seats this past Sunday against Indy, sorry if it's been told or posted somewhere already.

During the Colts/Bengals game this Sunday a child with Down's syndrome was in the middle of the Cincy sideline cheering like crazy but with a Marvin Harrison jersey on and repeatedly cheering loudly whenever Harrison made a play. His cheering like crazy when Cincy fans around him were for the most part quiet got some of the Cincy players attention and eventually got mentioned to Marvin out on the field of play during the game.

During a tv timeout Marvin Harrison actually went to the Bengals sideline and gave the kid an autographed football.

I don't seem to remember this story making it on Sportscenter this week.

Why would itbe on Sportscenter? It doesn't spot-light the selfish behavior of an over-payed athlete. It has nothing to do with the Eagles, the Cowboys, the Steelers, or the Patriots nor anything that is remotely bad about the Redskins. So, why would ESPN even begin to think it news worthy?

ya gotta love class. harrison is an example of how players should act. It's one of the things i did like about art monk. and yes I live in ocean city md, and had to watch skins games growing up every sunday, long before nfl ticket. i know his story well and still respect him to this day.

The real hero is the Bengal who alerted Harrison to the situation so he could do the nice thing. Members of some teams would not have been so courteous to members of the other team but would have attempted to shut up the kid instead. Props to them both, Harrison and the thoughtful Bengal.

I heard this story on the radio a few minutes ago from a Bengals fan who had 50 yard line seats this past Sunday against Indy, sorry if it's been told or posted somewhere already.

During the Colts/Bengals game this Sunday a child with Down's syndrome was in the middle of the Cincy sideline cheering like crazy but with a Marvin Harrison jersey on and repeatedly cheering loudly whenever Harrison made a play. His cheering like crazy when Cincy fans around him were for the most part quiet got some of the Cincy players attention and eventually got mentioned to Marvin out on the field of play during the game.

During a tv timeout Marvin Harrison actually went to the Bengals sideline and gave the kid an autographed football.

I don't seem to remember this story making it on Sportscenter this week.

Yet another reason why Marvin Harrison is the man, he's got nothing but class and he plays his heart out each and every week and is a team player, I can't wait for the day when he breaks the NFL record for receptions

Imagine if that poor kid were in Philly rooting for Santana Moss... :doh:

(KIDDING, Eaglefans! I kid because I love!) :D

They would probably throw him off a balcony and break some ribs like they did to the old guy who dresses up like an indian a few years ago. Seriously though, that's pretty cool. It's good to see that not every pro athlete is a schmuck like T Zero just look at Garnett giving 1.2 million to Katrina relief. T.O was so strapped for cash from feeding his family that he had to sell his NFC championship ring to donate $60,000 - poor T. Nada with his meager 40+ million dollar contract. It's players like Harrison that make you realize that this league for the most part is made up of world class human beings, unfortunately it's douchebags like TO that show you that some of these guys aren't worth the carbon they are made of.

I guess Keyshawn Johnson was right he doesn't understand the hype of marvin harrison...hmm.... I guess that is because he is a self indulged idiot who can't stay with any team too long without being traded or deactivated. Marvin Harrison is a great player. He will probably end up smashing jerry rice's records.

Archived