Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Will The Skins Make The Playoffs Thread? (Merged)

FightForOldDC21

What's interesting about the skins is that both Gibbs (since returning) and Spurrier are/were both 11-15 at this point after coaching 26 games with the skins. Skins nation was pretty much ready to lynch Spurrier at that point (4-6 after 10 games in year 2). :doh:

Yeah, I read that as well.

It makes me curious as to how the fans here at ES would feel if it were anyone other than Joe Gibbs in this exact same position.

What's interesting about the skins is that both Gibbs (since returning) and Spurrier are/were both 11-15 at this point after coaching 26 games with the skins. Skins nation was pretty much ready to lynch Spurrier at that point (4-6 after 10 games in year 2). :doh:

Why is it interesting? They're two radically different coaches, and if you're arguing the performance, attitude, and motivation level of the teams under their leadership were identical, theres more than one :doh: to give out.

'Skins nation' wasn't 'ready to lynch' Spurrier because of the record (although that certainly didn't help). We were ready to lynch him because after 2 years, he still struggled to name his own players at times, had a Gator-renewal program going that boggled the mind, and seemed about as personally involved as the average H&R Block employee doing someone elses tax return. He didn't want to be here, didn't know what to do with his team, and everything he said and did screamed it to Redskin's fans.

You'll need to find a better argument than that one.

It makes me curious as to how the fans here at ES would feel if it were anyone other than Joe Gibbs in this exact same position.

But its NOT someone else other than Joe Gibbs, is it? So that 'kinda' makes a difference.

Its called context.

no doubt gibbs is living off his rep. however this team is "better" than others in recent memory. we haven't been able to shake our uncanny ability to find a way to lose games that can really be a stepping stone to building confidence. we've seem to master playing close to teams, but total amateurs at finishing them off.

it's looking more and more like 8-8 to me. I think the Skins will beat the Rams, Cardinals and Eagles. The Chargers and Giants games look very tough right now. Dallas and Parcells are always problems for Gibbs and the Redskins even when the Redskins are at home with something to play for.

Why is it interesting? They're two radically different coaches, and if you're arguing the performance, attitude, and motivation level of the teams under their leadership were identical, theres more than one :doh: to give out.

'Skins nation' wasn't 'ready to lynch' Spurrier because of the record (although that certainly didn't help). We were ready to lynch him because after 2 years, he still struggled to name his own players at times, had a Gator-renewal program going that boggled the mind, and seemed about as personally involved as the average H&R Block employee doing someone elses tax return. He didn't want to be here, didn't know what to do with his team, and everything he said and did screamed it to Redskin's fans.

You'll need to find a better argument than that one.

Not an argument so stop looking for a fight. I just didn't realize as I'm sure others wouldn't have as well, that Gibbs and Spurrier have the same record after 26 games.

no doubt gibbs is living off his rep. however this team is "better" than others in recent memory. we haven't been able to shake our uncanny ability to find a way to lose games that can really be a stepping stone to building confidence. we've seem to master playing close to teams, but total amateurs at finishing them off.

Well put.

I think completely disregarding the notion that Joe's rep is carrying him as the current coach is foolish. However, the Skins do appear to be better now than they have been in the recent past.

;)

keep hoping.... won't change anything, but keep hoping.... 6 weeks is up soon enough

tick tock

Do you really think Parcells will let the Boys fail so miserably down the stretch? The NFC is up for grabs right now amongst about 5-6 teams. I understand you believe that Dallas has a difficult schedule down the stretch but we are also that difficult team on our opponents schedule as they look down the stretch. Just depends on how you look at it. We'll see what happens... and if we beat the Broncos.. which could happen given that they're traveling far on a very short week.. please go into a hole and hide somewhere.. ;)

Archived