Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do you start next season??

rvan1

Suppose the Redskins finish somewhere around 8-8 and miss the playoffs....

Who do you start at QB next season? This team has a lot of potential offensively and defensively, and the quarterback is a huge position which will have a sweeping effect on that potential.

Do you go with Brunell, who has the experience and has demonstrated clutch potential, but also has a penchant for fumbling at heart-breaking times (well, anytime he is hit...)

OR, do you test out Jason Campbell and hope he can carry the team to the playoffs while developing in his opening season?

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold

Way too early to be able to have an educated guess at this mostly because of how many games we have left. I can see us losing 3 of our next 4, and give Campbell the start in the last 2 games of the year to see how far he's progressed, I can see us winning 4/6 and maybe sneaking into the playoffs on a tiebreaker and Campbell never seeing a snap in the regular season, etc. I really feel like the decision to have a QB competition heading into camp largely depends on how this team finishes and if Campbell gets to play.

Too many variable still in play to answer this in a meaningful way:

How Mark plays over the rest of the season.

Whether Patrick returns.

How Jason develops between now and next opening day.

And dozens more in terms of personnel gains/losses and schematic adjustments based on what the staff decides to do offensively with the scheme for next season.

Ask again next June or so, and we'll have something to talk about. :)

Assuming Joe Gibbs returns to the sidelines next season, his choice will be Campbell.

Jason's his guy (three draft picks). He can't learn anything more sitting on the bench. He has to play.

Brunell will back him up. Ramsey will be traded for a draft pick.

Assuming Joe Gibbs returns to the sidelines next season, his choice will be Campbell.

Jason's his guy (three draft picks). He can't learn anything more sitting on the bench. He has to play.

Brunell will back him up. Ramsey will be traded for a draft pick.

What again are the 3 picks we gave up. I know we gave up next years #1, and a 3rd from last year(Clarett :laugh: ). What else did we give up?

No man, you go with the future...the way brunell is tiring out lets see how jason campbell performs during the preseason and if hes looking good for a quarterback at his age of his career, start him.

Really. I don't think Brunell has done anything wrong this year to be demoted. If he had more time to throw, who knows? I think Gibbs picked Campbell for the future. This team, with improvements next year, will be a legitimate playoff team. I don't know about you, but I don't want to go backwards. I don't want to see an unseen talent leading this team with NO game experience. :2cents:

You call yourself true fans. Get the Hell outta here if you don't have any faith. Go cheer for the Cowboys or Eagles. One bad game and you jump all over Brunell like it's all his fault. Maybe some receivers could get open and help him out. Jason Campbell is not ready to lead this team just yet. Our biggest problem right now is turning the ball over and not getting any ourselves. Yes, Brunell needs to tuck the ball better, but when Defensive ends come off the line untouched it can be expected that a QB will fumble the ball. If we win the turnover battle, or at least are even, we're 7-3 or better. I honestly believe that we are the best all around team in the NFC East, but turnovers have cost us the wins. It's to be expected that a team will fumble the ball once or twice a game, but when we don't recover our fumbles and don't generate any turnovers ourselves, it's hard to win games. Don't put all the blame on Brunell.

MATT LINEART GO USC!!!! I'm joking definetly love to see Campbell start Mark Brunell's fumble woes are becoming a bother if we give Campbell the reps early on and just let him play to not lose games we could easily go to the playoffs with a good D but it is dependent on him getting alot of reps near the end of the year.

Archived