Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We can still win the NFC East

Redskins4ever

Do the Skins as a franchise look more and more like the Wizards......  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Skins as a franchise look more and more like the Wizards......

• Yes
    • No

Dallas plays Denver. Giants play Seattle. Redskins could be within one game of the division in one week. It's not over folks.

That quite possibly brought me out of my pessimistic funk that I have been in. I really didn't realize it. WOW!

If the right Skins show up this week then I will be flowing with optimism, but right now I am emotionless and guarded.

Yes I'm serious. If the wins/losses play out like that, the results are what is shown to the right jackass. I'm not saying it is going to happen. I'm just saying that it is possible for the skins to win the division.

Well duh.

Until a team has 7 losses right now in the East, they can win the division.

But all you have to do is lose to San Diego (very likely) and New York (36-0), and its over.

And even if you won ONE of those games, you've still got three road games (you've won ONE all season) and a home game against us Cowboys to play.

It's *possible*, but that's like saying its possible to win a game of Risk when you have one army left on the board. Sure, you could roll perfect rolls all night, but its not going to happen.

Dallas Cowboys at 08:32 4th Quarter

1-10-SD44 (8:32) D.Bledsoe pass to T.Glenn to SD 31 for 13 yards (T.Kiel).

1-10-SD31 (7:59) J.Jones right tackle to SD 31 for no gain (R.Godfrey, D.Edwards).

2-10-SD31 (7:20) J.Jones right guard to SD 32 for -1 yards (B.Leber).

3-11-SD32 (6:41) PENALTY on DAL-R.Petitti, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at SD 32 - No Play.

3-16-SD37 (6:24) D.Bledsoe pass to T.Glenn ran ob at SD 29 for 8 yards (C.Hart).

PENALTY on SD-Q.Jammer, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at SD 37 - No Play.

1-10-SD32 (6:09) J.Jones up the middle to SD 30 for 2 yards (R.Godfrey).

2-8-SD30 (5:27) D.Bledsoe pass to P.Crayton pushed ob at SD 21 for 9 yards (B.Jue).

1-10-SD21 (4:57) J.Jones up the middle to SD 8 for 13 yards (D.Florence, B.Jue).

1-8-SD8 (4:31) J.Jones up the middle to SD 2 for 6 yards (B.Jue, D.Edwards).

2-2-SD2 (3:58) J.Jones left guard to SD 2 for no gain (Q.Jammer, R.Godfrey).

3-2-SD2 (3:10) D.Bledsoe pass to K.Johnson for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20050911_DAL@SD

now tell me again where the Pokes didn't get a penalty to aid their last TD drive? :laugh:

this brain surgery. The Giants game the Giants turned it over 4 times including the one on the goal line in the 4th quarter. The Giants then came back again and score with less than a minute to send it to OT, Dallas wins the toss game over. If the Giants win the toss... :whoknows:, if Jacobs doesn't fumble but scores... I have no doubt the Giants would have won.

When you look at Dallas, again that 7-3 isn't that impressive. They have trouble holding leads, they don't score many points on good defenses, 4 of there wins could have been losses. Two of their losses they gave up lead late.

Then when you factor in their schedule, and see the only teams they have beat soundly have losing records... then you see that 5 of the next six games are extremely tough... it is not hard to imagine the poke losing enough games to fall out of the playoff race.

Will the Skins get back in it :whoknows: They will have to do better than they did yesterday that's for sure... but if they some how can put iyt together for a string of wins... they may get back in the hunt.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bubba, thanks for making me smile.

If our 7-3 "isn't all that impressive" then you being 5-5 is downright pathetic.

The Bears were driving for a field goal late but screwed it all up with offensive penalties.

We layed down in the last five minutes.

The Seahawks kicker misses a kick against you to win it, when he makes a LONGER one against us to beat us.

The Eagles were driving in their game at FedEx before McNappy threw that interception.

You could be 2-8. But you aren't. You're 5-5.

Just like we're 7-3. :)

Well duh.

But all you have to do is lose to San Diego (very likely) and New York (36-0), and its over.

And even if you won ONE of those games, you've still got three road games (you've won ONE all season) and a home game against us Cowboys to play.

It's *possible*, but that's like saying its possible to win a game of Risk when you have one army left on the board. Sure, you could roll perfect rolls all night, but its not going to happen.

you better worry about your pretender team, actually having play a real schedule the next six weeks.

Don't expect Denver or KC to give you a gift TD to win, and the Giants are a better team at home... as are the Panthers and Skins.

no more Lions, Cardinals, & girls school of the blind to make you look better than you are

you should be 3-7, but you luck out to be 7-3

If our 7-3 "isn't all that impressive" then you being 5-5 is downright pathetic.

The Bears were driving for a field goal late but screwed it all up with offensive penalties.

The Seahawks kicker misses a kick against you to win it, when he makes a LONGER one against us to beat us.

The Eagles were driving in their game at FedEx before McNappy threw that interception.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

at least I state facts

Bears driving :laugh: unless the kicker can kick an 80 yarder, The bears hadn't crossed the 50 when they got the jumps :rolleyes:

Brown made a shorter one, that your qb gift wrapped.... like McNabb did for Williams... oh wait that was different :rolleyes:

The Eagles were driving but were stopped on 4th down... hmmm just like the Chargers Dallas game... oh wait that was different as well :rolleyes:

Yep we are 5-5 but have play a much tougher schedule... and unlike the pokes we didn't get a couple calls, we had 2 wins basically taken away.

Our scheduled teams where 60-40 so far, the Pokes 47-53

But that is a changing Skippy. We get to play some easier teams ... and now you have to prove your worth. Don't expect to go .500 or better either.

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

I see so the Cowboys:

• Narrowly beat a Charger team missing one of their best players
  • Chocked against the Skins (a team you are saying sucks)
  • Narrowly beat the lowly Niners (losing most of the game)
  • Lost to the Raiders
  • Actually showed up for 1 game versus Philly
  • Slipped by the Giants in OT
  • Lost to Seattle
  • Should send Donavan Thank You cards for the Philly game (losing most of the game)
  • And beat a Crappy Detroit team

For having not played anyone really...great job but given your logic you could just as easily be 3-7 after playing a much easier schedule.

Before you start boasting you might want to take notice that your team has only showed up for one game all season and has a cake schedule.

I see so the Cowboys:

• Narrowly beat a Charger team missing one of their best players
  • Chocked against the Skins (a team you are saying sucks)
  • Narrowly beat the lowly Niners (losing most of the game)
  • Lost to the Raiders
  • Actually showed up for 1 game versus Philly
  • Slipped by the Giants in OT
  • Lost to Seattle
  • Should send Donavan Thank You cards for the Philly game (losing most of the game)
  • And beat a Crappy Detroit team

For having not played anyone really...great job but given your logic you could just as easily be 3-7 after playing a much easier schedule.

Before you start boasting you might want to take notice that your team has only showed up for one game all season and has a cake schedule.

Poke fans live in fantasy land

but as I stated above it is 11:59 pm and this team turns back into a pumpkin

Tick tock, tick tock

at least I state facts

Okay. So you have established that you say facts. Let's take a look at that Idea, shall we?

Bears driving :laugh: unless the kicker can kick an 80 yarder, The bears hadn't crossed the 50 when they got the jumps :rolleyes:

Uh-oh. So, you're sure about that? The Bears didn't cross the fifty when they got the jumps in the fourth quarter? NFL.com doesn't agree.

1-10-CHI25 (12:48) C.Benson right end to CHI 29 for 4 yards (M.Washington).

2-6-CHI29 (12:17) C.Benson right guard to CHI 31 for 2 yards (L.Marshall).

3-4-CHI31 (11:38) K.Orton pass to D.Clark to CHI 41 for 10 yards (M.Washington).

1-10-CHI41 (10:56) K.Orton pass incomplete to M.Bradley (S.Taylor, W.Harris).

2-10-CHI41 (10:46) K.Orton pass to M.Muhammad to CHI 48 for 7 yards (M.Washington).

3-3-CHI48 (10:02) K.Orton pass to M.Muhammad to WAS 47 for 5 yards (W.Harris).

1-10-WAS47 (9:26) C.Benson right end to WAS 43 for 4 yards (L.Marshall).

Look at that. Just over 9 minutes to play, and the Bears, already well into a drive set foot in Washington territory.

2-6-WAS43 (8:44) K.Orton pass to B.Berrian pushed ob at WAS 34 for 9 yards (W.Harris).

1-10-WAS34 (8:20) T.Jones up the middle to WAS 37 for -3 yards (S.Springs).

2-13-WAS37 (7:38) PENALTY on CHI-F.Miller, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 37 - No Play.

2-18-WAS42 (7:15) PENALTY on CHI-J.Tait, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 42 - No Play.

2-23-WAS47 (6:56) PENALTY on CHI-R.Brown, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 47 - No Play.

On first down, the Bears were on the Washington 34 with 8 minutes remaining. That's 16 yards into Skin territory champ. Then following a run for a loss of three, they commit three false starts IN A ROW. Granted, at their closest they were 51 yards away on a field goal try, but even on the second down attempt where the false start fest began, if they gain six or seven yards they have a makeable field goal on their hands.

But they never crossed the fifty, right Bubba. You post facts. :laugh:

Brown made a shorter one, that your qb gift wrapped.... like McNabb did for Williams... oh wait that was different :rolleyes:

The Eagles were driving but were stopped on 4th down... hmmm just like the Chargers Dallas game... oh wait that was different as well :rolleyes:

I'm not going to argue that Bledsoe giftwrapped that win for Seattle just like McNabb. But what's your point? If we didn't deserve that win in Philly, and it was just gift wrapped for us, then Seattle didn't deserve to win in Seattle, we just gift wrapped it for them. Consistency. Either way, guess who's still 7-3.

Yep we are 5-5 but have play a much tougher schedule... and unlike the pokes we didn't get a couple calls, we had 2 wins basically taken away.

Oh please. You silly skins fans and your lunatic crybaby coach complaining on a weekly basis about the calls...instead of you know, coaching the team, Gibbs compiles video tape evidence about how "screwed" you guys were. Pathetic.

Our scheduled teams where 60-40 so far, the Pokes 47-53

But that is a changing Skippy. We get to play some easier teams ... and now you have to prove your worth. Don't expect to go .500 or better either.

Congratulations Bubba. You have made a very valid point. I'm worried about this, which is why I said we will probably finish 10-6. It's going to be a tough road.

Don't expect to go .500 or better either.

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You do realize that "to go .500 or better" all we have to win is ONE MORE GAME...right? Out of...SIX. But the skins are going to win 5 of their next six, right? :doh:

That quite possibly brought me out of my pessimistic funk that I have been in. I really didn't realize it. WOW!

If the right Skins show up this week then I will be flowing with optimism, but right now I am emotionless and guarded.

I hear ya. The Redskins still got to come through this week end. But if they do....Giants & Cowboys play each other the following week and someone will come down (while we take on St Louis).

It could happen.

at least I state facts

For someone that "states facts" you sure dont have any.

Bears hadn't crossed the 50? then why were they on the Washington 37 before the first penlty? and had driven almost 40 yards to get there.

More "facts" you are wrong about this is becoming a habit. Brown missed a 47 yard FG attempt for the win against Washington he made a 50 yard FG against Dallas to win the game Please bubba do some research

Well duh.

Go buy a Dallas jersey if you want to be so anti-redskins about it. You're a sad excuse for a fan. If you have no faith, then you are not a fan.

The possibility does exist, no doubt but who are we going to beat San Diego with? SO when Santana gets double coverage.....Cooley is getting every pass or Taylor "bust" Jacobs? What about our D Line with no penetration? If Drew Brees sit back there all day we will watch Walt Harris get burned for another game in a row.....I want us to win, but my question is how do we overcome all the apparent problems we have had that reared their ungy head over the past few games?

Nice of you to nit pick the Bears game with your pointless argument but totaly overlook the point that you have not played a hard schedule and you barely beat the Niners. At least we barely beat a division leader.

we beat 3 division leaders

the seahawks, the bears, and the boys

Also bubba why did you conviently skip over message 147 and 148 on page 10 where I brough attention to more of your false "facts"

you mean were the Pokes didn't get a gift holding penalty on 3rd and 16 on their last td drive against the chargers??? Oh wait.. you were wrong :laugh:

your fairy tales aren't "facts" or close to being accurate.

Gawd, Poke fans are funny.

da7a45e1.jpg

tick tock tick tock

Dallas Cowboys at 08:32 4th Quarter

1-10-SD44 (8:32) D.Bledsoe pass to T.Glenn to SD 31 for 13 yards (T.Kiel).

1-10-SD31 (7:59) J.Jones right tackle to SD 31 for no gain (R.Godfrey, D.Edwards).

2-10-SD31 (7:20) J.Jones right guard to SD 32 for -1 yards (B.Leber).

3-11-SD32 (6:41) PENALTY on DAL-R.Petitti, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at SD 32 - No Play.

3-16-SD37 (6:24) D.Bledsoe pass to T.Glenn ran ob at SD 29 for 8 yards (C.Hart).

PENALTY on SD-Q.Jammer, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at SD 37 - No Play.

1-10-SD32 (6:09) J.Jones up the middle to SD 30 for 2 yards (R.Godfrey).

2-8-SD30 (5:27) D.Bledsoe pass to P.Crayton pushed ob at SD 21 for 9 yards (B.Jue).

1-10-SD21 (4:57) J.Jones up the middle to SD 8 for 13 yards (D.Florence, B.Jue).

1-8-SD8 (4:31) J.Jones up the middle to SD 2 for 6 yards (B.Jue, D.Edwards).

2-2-SD2 (3:58) J.Jones left guard to SD 2 for no gain (Q.Jammer, R.Godfrey).

3-2-SD2 (3:10) D.Bledsoe pass to K.Johnson for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20050911_DAL@SD

now tell me again where the Pokes didn't get a penalty to aid their last TD drive? :laugh:

this brain surgery. The Giants game the Giants turned it over 4 times including the one on the goal line in the 4th quarter. The Giants then came back again and score with less than a minute to send it to OT, Dallas wins the toss game over. If the Giants win the toss... :whoknows:, if Jacobs doesn't fumble but scores... I have no doubt the Giants would have won.

When you look at Dallas, again that 7-3 isn't that impressive. They have trouble holding leads, they don't score many points on good defenses, 4 of there wins could have been losses. Two of their losses they gave up lead late.

Then when you factor in their schedule, and see the only teams they have beat soundly have losing records... then you see that 5 of the next six games are extremely tough... it is not hard to imagine the poke losing enough games to fall out of the playoff race.

Will the Skins get back in it :whoknows: They will have to do better than they did yesterday that's for sure... but if they some how can put iyt together for a string of wins... they may get back in the hunt.

You have far more excuses than Billy Carter had liver pills!

you mean were the Pokes didn't get a gift holding penalty on 3rd and 16 on their last td drive against the chargers??? Oh wait.. you were wrong :laugh:

your fairy tales aren't "facts" or close to being accurate.

Gawd, Poke fans are funny.

da7a45e1.jpg

tick tock tick tock

Bubba just because you close your eyes and stomp your feet real hard still doesnt make you right. Go back and show me a post where I didnt say their was a penalty on that drive. I stated very clearly both teams had 1 - 5 yard penlty on that drive and their penlty gve us a first down. You call it a "gift" but that would mean it was not the correct call which it was. Everything I have said is factual and been backed up you have made several false statements and are running away trying to create distractions

no excuses... just the truth

Poke fans think their crap don't stink..... reality will hit hard soon enough

tick tock

truth? where lets see your truth Bubba

Chicago never passed the 50 FALSE

Brown made a shorter FG against Dallas than he missed against skins FALSE

saying that I said San Diego didnt get a penalty FALSE

I see a pattern here bubba you make stuff up for your arguments and when you are called on it you dont reply

Its easy to say we will end 8-8 or 9-7. But as a fan Im tired of giving up on the season come week 10 or 9. We are 5-5 with a much easier schedule than any of the teams ahead of us in the race. I do hate to predict because you never know in this league, but why cant we make the playoffs. We beat Chicago and their there. We beat Seattle and their there. We beat Dallas and their there. Why cant we have a late season turnaroung like some of these other teams.

We have to be behind this team and encourage them. Ask New England are they quittin. Ask Minnesota have they quit.

Got Da##it Lets Go!!!!:point2sky :point2sky

Archived