Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We can still win the NFC East

Redskins4ever

Do the Skins as a franchise look more and more like the Wizards......  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Skins as a franchise look more and more like the Wizards......

• Yes
    • No

The fact that you guys have not shown alot of consistancy, has to scare you when you realistically need to win 5/6 to close the year. I think you might beat NY, but theres no way Dallas comes into town and loses. SD is a very good team, and they are in teh same boat as you guys, they need to win out to make the playoffs. You can't stop Jordan, how you gonna stop LT.

You can't give up on your team, but you can be realistic. I'm always of the view that you aren't out til you are out. With games like the Dallas game, and seeing Dallas against Philly, you guys should at least have that mentality.

Porter lit you guys up today, and I put alot of that on Harris. The guy is terrible in coverage, and the fact that he is still starting over Rogers might give you a bit of insight on where Rogers is at.

Santana Moss is having a great statistical year, but he gets very little support. Moss isn't a real lead WR. Sorry. The guy is small, and you guys miss a big target for key 3rd downs. The O-Line isn't that great. You fail to get a pass rush. You guys were simply outplayed today by the Raiders. And let me say, in your defense, they are alot better than their record. It was a close game, with 2 teams that should be about .500. That's just a fact. I think Oakland may have taken whatever Aura Fed Ex had going for it earlier this year.

Difference, Dallas and NY can go 3-3 over the course of the season and make the playoffs. You have to win 5/6, and when your 2 for 7 in recent weeks, you kinda get a sense, that might be alot harder than you think. Beside Arizona, there isn't a real gimme on the schedule. And Zona proved they can throw up big points. Teams with more than 1 good WR have given you guys fits this year. You simply don't get to the QB, and Harris is just lost out there. He got exposed today, again.

Guest sith lord
This team isn't worthy of the playoffs. The Cowboys and the Giants are further ahead then we are at this point and are earning their way into the post season. We'll be a far better team in Gibbs third year and better prepared at this point next year.

Maybe. There's no gaurantee that we'll be better naxt year.

but theres no way Dallas comes into town and loses

don't bet on it

lets remember we have played the toughest schedule in the NFC and the Giants and Pokes have played much easier schedule and more home games.

their real test is still coming up, and most of the Pokes wins have hardly been impressive.

Guest sith lord
don't bet on it

lets remember we have played the toughest schedule in the NFC and the Giants and Pokes have played much easier schedule and more home games.

their real test is still coming up, and most of the Pokes wins have hardly been impressive.

Yeah, but a win is a win. And as much as we hate Dallas, you can't deny that they're starting to hit a stride.

Hey why dont you guys give him a break... i mean really... I appreciate the effort man... I still have hope in my heart too... nice looking chart man.... if you have to down the person making the thread why even post??? Skins fans are supposed to stick together......

Thanks.

I knew this thread would bring a lot of critizism. However, there are a lot of fans out there who always look for the best instead of tearing into someone for holding onto hope.

Dallas has BOTH the Broncos AND Chiefs in Dallas plus the Giants game in New York sandwiched in between. It is not out of the relm of possibiity that they go 1-2 during this stretch which would put them at 8-5 when they come to Fed Ex.

The Giants are at Seattle and at Philly with Dallas sandwiched in between. They too could go 1-2 which would put them at 8-5.

If we can split with the Chargers and Rams plus win at Arzona...it will put us at 7-6 when we go to host the Cowbopys and Giants in successive weeks.

The key is New York losing next week in Seattle and Dallas dropping one vs. the Broncos or Chiefs. This will be a nice Thanksgiving if they lose to the Broncos.

This isn't even taking into consideration the Wild Card scenarios against the runners up in the South.

Kepp the faith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HTTR!

Dallas has BOTH the Broncos AND Chiefs in Dallas plus the Giants game in New York sandwiched in between. It is not out of the relm of possibiity that they go 1-2 during this stretch which would put them at 8-5 when they come to Fed Ex.

The Giants are at Seattle and at Philly with Dallas sandwiched in between. They too could go 1-2 which would put them at 8-5.

If we can split with the Chargers and Rams plus win at Arzona...it will put us at 7-6 when we go to host the Cowbopys and Giants in successive weeks.

The key is New York losing next week in Seattle and Dallas dropping one vs. the Broncos or Chiefs. This will be a nice Thanksgiving if they lose to the Broncos.

This isn't even taking into consideration the Wild Card scenarios against the runners up in the South.

Kepp the faith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HTTR!

the problem is we looked terrible at home losing to Oakland after a 10 point halftime lead, and many are doubting we would go 2-1, and don't think we can then win out.

I am not counting them out, but I am less optimistic after today.

So you think we're going to win 5 of our last 6 games? Really? Wins against San Diego, Dallas, and NY? Really?

You got to be kidding.

Weve won two... count them, two... of our last 7 games, bro. Those two wins against the helpless 49ers and Philly. We're done. No way on God's green earth we win 5 of 6 to end the season. We're not a good team. I'm beginning to wonder if we're even a well coached team.

In that same amount of time NY has won 5 of their last 7 games. Beating us 36-0 in the process. You think they'll split their last 6 games? Funny how suddenly you think the Raiders are a good team. They're not. We're just worse than they are. They're a bad team who was able to come to our house and beat us.

Dallas has won 5 of their last 6 games and that one loss was against Seattle at home and they really shouldn't have lost that one. Plus, in case you haven't been paying attention, they're getting better as the year goes on. So now they're suddenly going to lose 4 of 6? Riiiiiiiiiight. Puff puff pass, remember?

Oh, and you conviniently have Tampa finishing with 4 losses in the last 6 games because you think that's out main competition for a wild card berth.

What you did is just wishful thinking. It's a fantasy.

Just start looking at the draft for your football enjoyment. Oh, wait... we don't have a first round pick. Well there's always basketball.

I swear, this team will be the end of me. Why must we always have constant dissapointment? Why? I have a bet with a guy I work with that we'll win more than seven games this year... I betcha I'm going to end up losing that one. Our arrow is pointed straight down.

Nice post. It's sad but true.

it's coming to an end.... too many people discount strength of schedule.

Dallas has had an easy go round that ends Thursday

With all due respect bubba, you've been saying something like this most of the season, and they just keep winning.

You say, "they should've lost that game", or "they haven't played anyone yet", but they just keep winning.

They've beaten the Chargers, they've beaten the Giants, they've beaten Philly twice (it's hard to sweep a division opponent). The easy teams they've played they beat, just like they were supposed to. Their losses have been against a desperate Oakland squad at Oakland, a Good Seattle team in Seattle, and us.

One of the things we used to point to proving that Dallas wasn't very good was that they lost to Oakland in Oakland. Well, we just got beat by them at FedEx.

The Cowboys had the Seattle game in hand (In Seattle) and just blew it at the end. They outplayed the Seahawks.

You know what happened against us. Whether out two scores were luck or not, they dominated us for all but the last 5 min.

And that's all of their losses. Just three.

I hope you're right and they fall apart in the last 6 games, but I just don't see it. They've been getting better as their young guys get experience and they've been playing solid football.

I don't think it's accurate to sit and say things are about to change for them. They play a physical, mistake free brand of football that will only serve them better as the season wears on and the weather becomes a factor.

It all goes back to when Parcells signed on with them. I knew right then that they were going to be a good football team eventually. I just thought that Gibbs would have us right there with them.

Parcells has been there one more year than Gibbs, so maybe by next year Gibbs will have us equal with Dallas.

I friggin hate Parcells. I hate Dallas. Right now, I just hate football. After starting 3-0, I never would have thought we'd be sitting at 5-5 after 10 games.

Pfffftttt. I'm done for tonight.

So you think we're going to win 5 of our last 6 games? Really? Wins against San Diego, Dallas, and NY? Really?

You got to be kidding.

Weve won two... count them, two... of our last 7 games, bro. Those two wins against the helpless 49ers and Philly. We're done. No way on God's green earth we win 5 of 6 to end the season. We're not a good team. I'm beginning to wonder if we're even a well coached team.

In that same amount of time NY has won 5 of their last 7 games. Beating us 36-0 in the process. You think they'll split their last 6 games? Funny how suddenly you think the Raiders are a good team. They're not. We're just worse than they are. They're a bad team who was able to come to our house and beat us.

Dallas has won 5 of their last 6 games and that one loss was against Seattle at home and they really shouldn't have lost that one. Plus, in case you haven't been paying attention, they're getting better as the year goes on. So now they're suddenly going to lose 4 of 6? Riiiiiiiiiight. Puff puff pass, remember?

Oh, and you conviniently have Tampa finishing with 4 losses in the last 6 games because you think that's out main competition for a wild card berth.

What you did is just wishful thinking. It's a fantasy.

Just start looking at the draft for your football enjoyment. Oh, wait... we don't have a first round pick. Well there's always basketball.

I swear, this team will be the end of me. Why must we always have constant dissapointment? Why? I have a bet with a guy I work with that we'll win more than seven games this year... I betcha I'm going to end up losing that one. Our arrow is pointed straight down.

Well said, well said. can't say it any better.

Archived