Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We can still win the NFC East

Redskins4ever

Do the Skins as a franchise look more and more like the Wizards......  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Skins as a franchise look more and more like the Wizards......

• Yes
    • No

big differences, and I do remember a call aiding the last TD drive,

since the Gints scored again the point stays the same

I forgot the Cards... real impressive :yawnee:

talk to me in a few weeks, I doubt you'll be as ****y :laugh:

Like I said we had 1 penalty they had 1 penalty there is no way around the truth

Giants scored again rendering that TO as a non factor so that excuse holds no water

yeah Wins are never impressive are they. Funny a few weeks ago you were using us losing to oakland in your posts about us sucking why did that change?

big differences, and I do remember a call aiding the last TD drive,

since the Gints scored again the point stays the same

I forgot the Cards... real impressive :yawnee:

talk to me in a few weeks, I doubt you'll be as ****y :laugh:

As you love to say, "We'll see".

Hardly being ****y though.

Just pointing out the facts.

end of the yr wins under non pressure situations are worthless

last yr i thought we were building something with ramsey, he went in tough places and did not turn the ball over

this yr we let pierce go , let smoot go

bench ramsey

back to where were to begin last yr

the only way to get better is to play young guys and hope they turn out to be difference makers. JOPA found that out in Penn State

they were calling for him to be fired. He is too old, so he got desperate and played freshmen, benched his so called stars who did nothing on the feild

skins are going to have to do the same thing, play nemo, play campbell , and hit the ground running

this brunell portis story has to end, it has been 20 games of brunell portis, and it has proved to be a nothing combo

try something new

Incidentally, I would think Roy Williams had something to do with Brandon Jacobs fumbling at the goaline in that game.

I think the reason "the Eagles started failing" as you put it, had a lot to do with the beating Dallas put on them that day, and that was with Terrell Owens in the lineup and healthy.

An Eagles team by the way, that the Redskins barely beat at FedEx without Owens in the lineup, and whose QB also gave the Redskins "a gift if there ever was one" with that interception thrown right at Ryan Clark on the final drive.

Hardly, the eagles limped into Dallas hurting, and the TO second flair up was just starting.

JAcobs standing straight up, had more to do with the fumble than anything the cowboys did, don't flatter yourselfs too much.

again talk to me in a few weeks when you play the tough part of your schedule.

Yeah, you know what, you're right. I've been a Redskins fan since I knew what football was (which was about 1995) and we have made the playoffs ONCE and had season where we had double digit wins ONCE. Since 11 of the last 12 seasons (dating back to 1993) have been absolute failures, let's just keep hoping for the future. What's eleven years of failure anyway? That's no big deal. Who cares. Let's just hope for the future. Good idea. We'll probably be hoping for the future 30 years from now too.

You don't know futility. Ask a Cubs fan. (Like my wife ;) )

I will also say that, unlike Norv, we have actually made forward progress for a couple of seasons. Norv had the nasty habit of keeping on the same level, being good enough to be a tease, but never good enough to go over the top.

I think we are building something good here, and we don't have to worry much about losing good players after this year. (Other than Betts)

Jason

I'm not happy with the coaching staff or the FO right now. But even still I think that net year, the 3rd since Gibbs return, will be our strongest in a long time.

the coaching staff and FO is lost

i still do not know what we are are on offense, a west coast offense or a power running offense, We have no power back but we run up the gut, yet we run these short passing , accept for today where we only tried to go deep under double coverage

weird

Like I said we had 1 penalty they had 1 penalty there is no way around the truth

Giants scored again rendering that TO as a non factor so that excuse holds no water

yeah Wins are never impressive are they. Funny a few weeks ago you were using us losing to oakland in your posts about us sucking why did that change?

you are dense aren't you?

when did TO start playing for the giants?

What exactly does the Skins losing have anything to do with the Cowboys, lucking out in 4 of their wins, and playing a much easier schedule so far??

If the Pokes are half as good as you think, the next six games will be a cakewalk, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Hardly, the eagles limped into Dallas hurting, and the TO second flair up was just starting.

JAcobs standing straight up, had more to do with the fumble than anything the cowboys did, don't flatter yourselfs too much.

Who was hurt when the Eagles came into Dallas? McNabb, Owens, Westbrook, Gordon, Lewis, L.J. Smith all started and played. Trotter, Kearse, Dawkins, Sheppard, etc. all started and played. The second flair up was not just starting, that occurred afterwards.

Impossible to say what had more to do with the fumble without us being in either Jacobs's or Williams's shoes.

I notice you failed to address the Ryan Clark interception. I suppose you could tell me that it was a credit to Gregg Williams and Clark for the scheme and execution, except that then you'd have to give Mike Zimmer and Roy Williams the same credit on the play last Monday night. I do recall reading a quote from McNabb this week crediting Roy Williams for making a great read on the play.

So, you are saying there is no difference between bombing out at the end of a season, or winning some games at the end of the season, some of which could be division rivals?

skins are going to have to do the same thing, play nemo, play campbell , and hit the ground running

this brunell portis story has to end, it has been 20 games of brunell portis, and it has proved to be a nothing combo

try something new

That's been the story since Norv has been fired. Hasn't worked too well, has it?

Edit: ironic that your name is BrunellSuperbowl. Maybe you should change your name?

Jason

If we come away 10-6, I'll be content.

Of course I'd like more, but going 3-3 when we have Denver, KC and St.Louis at home and NYG, Washington and Carolina on the road; well, I'll certainly take 3-3.

4-2 would be great, and 5-1 would be just dandy.

But realistically, 3-3.

And thats just fine.

We have won 2 of our last 7 games....I'm sorry but I can't see us going 5-1.

When the defense plays well, the offense sucks....when the offense plays well the defense rolls over. We give up turnovers and generate none. We give up the big play. We get a small lead then play it safe allowing teams to stay in the game. We can't win on the road. We play down to bad teams. Punter sucks. Qb went from hot to unpredictable. OL can't handle good DEs. DL can't put pressure on any QB in the league.

There is just too much that has gone wrong to think 5-1 right now.

last yr i thought we were building something with ramsey, he went in tough places and did not turn the ball over

this yr we let pierce go , let smoot go

bench ramsey

back to where were to begin last yr

the only way to get better is to play young guys and hope they turn out to be difference makers. JOPA found that out in Penn State

they were calling for him to be fired. He is too old, so he got desperate and played freshmen, benched his so called stars who did nothing on the feild

try something new

I guess I can understand you wanting Brunnell to be benched. Although I don't agree, that isn't too outlandish.

However, I find it amazing that you ACTUALLY want to bench Portis in favor of Nemo. Hes a damned 6th round draft pick! Are you crazy?

I'm just completely amazed. :doh:

I agree.

We beat SD. (tough)

Denver beats Dallas (they will)

Seattle beats the Giants (they will)

7-4 Dal

7-4 NYG

6-5 Wsh

We beat a reeling Rams team

Dallas and NY play eachother (let's say the giants win because they're in NY)

8-4 NYG

7-5 Wsh

7-5 Dal

Skins beat Arz

Giants probably beat Philly

Cowboys face a tough test at home vs. KC

Even if Dallas and NYG win, as long as we win, we'll be in it come the final 3 games.

9-4 NYG

8-5 Wsh

8-5 Dal

The season is not over, though I admit that it feels like it is right now.

We just need to get it together.

6 games left and we're not out of this just yet.

Good thread and great to hope, Im right with ya!!! Just last week NY lost to the Viqueens and they were under rated!!! Now we lose to Oakland and we are the worst and NY and Dallas has it going. Yep we better run the table, I hope we do but this team has to make a stand now!!! Both Offense and Defensive line better stand up, the only thing Im hoping for is we never play another conservative game like this again. We need to go for the throat on Offense and Defense or teams like the Chargers will lay it on us.

If we come away 10-6, I'll be content.

Of course I'd like more, but going 3-3 when we have Denver, KC and St.Louis at home and NYG, Washington and Carolina on the road; well, I'll certainly take 3-3.

4-2 would be great, and 5-1 would be just dandy.

But realistically, 3-3.

And thats just fine.

but if one of those losses is to the Skins, and one to the Giants... and the Skins do go on a run (it is possible).. then the Pokes could finish third, and be on the outside of the playoffs

to be honest, I really see them more likely going 2-4 or possibly 1-5

The Broncos & Chiefs are tough... real tough, playing both the Giants and Skins on the road... no easy task, Carolina on the road.... after the loss to the bears, I don't see the Panthers letting another team slip past them at home... and that leaves the Rams who are sinking fast.

I'm afraid that Dallas is better than many here give them credit for.

Yes, we will see... but I'm afraid that after all is said and done, Dallas will be a double digit win team with momentum going into the playoffs.

They have Denver and KC at home. I can easily see them winning both of those. After watching Carolina at Chicago today, who thinks they can't be had? Dallas is perfectly capable of winning at NY and at Dallas against St. Louis. And who thinks we'll beat them for sure when they've beaten us 14 out of 16 tries?

They can win any of those games. Do I think they'll win all of them? No. But they're perfectly capable of winning most of them. I can even see them getting home-field through the playoffs.

If that happens, I officially vomit myself silly.

Maybe I'm just worrying myself needlessly but I won't be able to stomach Dallas going deep into the playoffs. Watching the Eagles win these last few years was hard... but that's nothing compared to watching Dallas go into another period of dominance. On a scale of one to ten, I hate Dallas a 10 and Philly only about 6 or 7. Dallas has the worst fans and the media justs spooges all over them when they win.

Arrrggh! I can't take it.

Archived