Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1st and 10 Overrated RBs

f_trizzy

they were talking about a survey recently done where NFL players voted on the most overrated RBs in the league. Surprisingly Shaun Alexander was number one, number two...our very own Clinton Portis. Woody and Skip really didnt say anything about Portis, they just argued about Curtis Martin being overrated or not and then I stopped paying attention.

I think this would be a big motivating factor if I was CP. Not only the media thinks you are overrated but now your fellow NFLers think it too.

to me clinton portis is underrated...i dont hear about him muc on tv.. and i dont want too.. i want all the skins players to be under rated..makes us fight harder..we started the season underrated. and we took it 3-0 .. now we are overrated, (bookies spreadsheet) we are 5-4.. from coach gibbs, to santana to clinton fight adverisity.. when they think we cant, we can

do they not realize that portis is on track to break 1200 yards this season? Or the fact that he's averaging 4.5 a carry....or the fact that Alexander has 17 Tds, 1100 yards and is on track to get near 2000....hmm....yeah, i agree, they are both Overrated.

1200 is what it used to be in the NFL...but Shaun Alexander!!! thats crazy talk

we have become a culture of opinions, and there are soo many out there that it has cheapend them greatly.thye are cheap and worthless most of the time because we speak of thing that are not finished as though they were. alexander is not overrated neither is portis. anyone who has seen portis away from the ball knows that this man is for real, legit.alot of these opinions you guys get all bent up about are worth nothing more than the toilet paper we wipe our butts with.let it gooooooo. we nkow who we are.

shaun alexander overrated?!?!? geez maybe to the seahawks and the teams too stupid to give up a 3rd rounder for him during the offseason.

portis...i can see the point. i think portis's lack of production is b/c of the playcalling and blocking scheme.

Agreed, anyone who says a running back who scores a touchdown every game and sometimes 4 touchdowns is over rated, they should only been seen and not heard.

As far as Portis your right, Joe Gibbs even said on news 4 that he hasnt run the plays Portis has pointed out that will work, and portis was upset a bit. Gibbs explained to him, this is the most important part of the season and what other teams cant see on tape, they cant study or shut down.

Portis will light up defenses when we need it the most, and that is this second half of the season and run for the Playoffs.

I can see both points. Not that I agree with them though.

1. Portis has not been the same since he left Denver. He was averaging 1500 yards 15 tds and what 5 yards a carry, now he is way down compared to that and is payed a lot.

2. The OL that Seatle has is just amazing, so there they might be thinking yes Sean is a heck of back, but with that OL you should be. I feel bad for their OL since they do not get much respect and should.

Alexander is good....but....

He does run a little soft...especially for a guy his size. I have a friend who's a huge Seahawks fan and he can't stand the guy. He says that Alexander never fights for yardage, and usually gets most of his yards behind that mammoth left side with Walter Jones...

I kind of agree with him (I've watched tons of Seattle games thanks to alexander being on my fantasy team...love his TD's), I think many backs would excel in Seattle's running game..heck his backup Maurice Morris ran for over a 100 in relief work earlier this season.

Alexander is decent & solid...but he is a tad overrated if people say he's one of the best 2 or 3 backs in the league.

1500+ Yards 10+ TD in Denver

1500+ Yards 10+ TD in Denver

1300+ Yards 5 TD in Washington (with a offensive line full of backups literally with absolutely no pass game.)

764 Yards and 5 TD in Washington (so far with a 4.5 yard avg)

Note that clinton portis IS THE best pass blocking running back in the league. Has great hands and stays out of trouble off the field(or atleast dosnt get cought;) ).

But you know, who cares what the media says 2 years from now santana moss will have 2 1300+ yard seasons and like...7 tds and steve smith(laugh) will probally still be better than him media wise...

Oh and heres my top 3 list of REAL overrated RB's and underrated. Im talking the intangibles and running the ball. Not just running the ball.

At...

1. Jamal Lewis- To scared to get tackled, he might get hurt.

2.Cadillac Williams- This guy was suppose to take his team to the playoffs said the media. But they forgot hes a ROOKIE... He got off to a fast start becomes the next shaun alexander.Dosnt mean he dosnt have a bright future in this league, he'll be great, just the expextations were way to high.

3.Julius Jones- You got your offensive line, Passing game, tight end, now what happened?

My top 3 underrated RB's

1.Steven Jackson- Hes having a breakout year and has missed some games, if he didnt hed be in the top 5 running backs rushing wise.

2.Warrick Dunn- Micheal Vick has been sucking up all the attention away from warrick dunn. hes a GREAT back that isnt getting much attention but is having a great year with 5.1 yards per carry.

3.Ronnie Brown- Hes having a great year i know he is just a rookie and he could be at the bottom 10 in rushing yards at the end of the year but i have to put him here...the last 4 to 5 weeks hes been just beast mode with ricky williams.

Yes i know clinton portis deserves to be here on the underrated since hes supposedly overrated lol. Hes not the runner he was in denver RIGHT NOW but we know hes a great team player, THE best pass blocker(running back) in the league good hands and is a 1300+ yard rusher every year atleast. Only expect those numbers to get better too.

The most underrated back in the league is none other then Tiki Barber

He leads the league in yards from scrimmage since the 2000 season, He'll get his 10,000 career rushing yards by the end of next year and he barely even carried the ball in his first 3 years in the league.

By the end of next season, Tiki Barber will join Marshall Faulk as the only backs in NFL HISTORY with 10,000 rushing yards and 5,000 recieving yards.

He will catch his 500th career pass Sunday against the Eagles (he only needs 2 receptions)

Not only is the guy one of the most underrated runners in the league, but he absolutely SLAYS most other elite backs catching the football out of the backfield, is great on blitz pickups and is a tremendous person

Not to mention even while being hurt statistically by spending the first 3 seasons of his career as a bit player, there are only 3 active players with more yards from scrimmage then Tiki. (Martin, Faulk and Bettis). He's about 3,000 yards away from being top 10 ALL TIME in yards from scrimmage (rushing yds+ recieving yds), and for a guy who had over 2,000 yards last season from scrimmage, it shouldnt take him too long to get there. Among the top 40 rushers in league history, only 4 guys top Barbers 4.6 ypc career average

If Tiki hadnt had the nagging knee issue his first 3 years in the league, We'd be talking about a guy who would already be securely in the hall. Over the last 6 years hes been the best in the business as a dual threat out of the backfield

The most underrated back in the league is none other then Tiki Barber

He leads the league in yards from scrimmage since the 2000 season, He'll get his 10,000 career rushing yards by the end of next year and he barely even carried the ball in his first 3 years in the league.

By the end of next season, Tiki Barber will join Marshall Faulk as the only backs in NFL HISTORY with 10,000 rushing yards and 5,000 recieving yards.

He will catch his 500th career pass Sunday against the Eagles (he only needs 2 receptions)

Not only is the guy one of the most underrated runners in the league, but he absolutely SLAYS most other elite backs catching the football out of the backfield, is great on blitz pickups and is a tremendous person

Not to mention even while being hurt statistically by spending the first 3 seasons of his career as a bit player, there are only 3 active players with more yards from scrimmage then Tiki. (Martin, Faulk and Bettis). He's about 3,000 yards away from being top 10 ALL TIME in yards from scrimmage (rushing yds+ recieving yds), and for a guy who had over 2,000 yards last season from scrimmage, it shouldnt take him too long to get there. Among the top 40 rushers in league history, only 4 guys top Barbers 4.6 ypc career average

If Tiki hadnt had the nagging knee issue his first 3 years in the league, We'd be talking about a guy who would already be securely in the hall. Over the last 6 years hes been the best in the business as a dual threat out of the backfield

I would agree that Tiki is underrated. He's always been a good recieving RB, and now he is piling the yards.

If Clinton is overrated, it's because of what he did in Denver. If you look at what he has done with Redskins, It's not geat, but it's not all that bad. If Shaun Alexander is overrated, i'll masterbate with a cheese grater. Thats just a ridiculas statement.

Archived