Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did NFL Apologize? (Merged)

Daanie

Who cares?? It doesn't change anything. We got a decent call ourselves with the runback for td, so they would just throw that in our face. They tend not to, giving the refs the benefit of the doubt unless it is blatently obvious they missed something. I think they need to refine it, let the booth make the decision, I still think the umpire has the final word on the call, and they are unlikely to embarass one of their own. If the booth sas the same replay at the goal line we all did, it should of have been overturned, with obvious evidence of his elbow hitting the ground before the ball broke the plane.

Who cares??

Obviously, bschwarting cares. He asked. Sorry, warting, I have not heard. I am sort of curious also. If I hear, I will post it here. BTW, there have been MANY times in the past (including this season) when the NFL office was asked to assess calls, and indicated that the call WAS incorrect. In fact it happened after TWO Redskin games last season, when the admitted bad calls would almost certainly have changed the outcome of the game. No, it won't change anything. But if you are a Redskin fan, it IS interesting.

BTW, I just saw in an article that Gibbs sent in the latest "phantom hold" penalty on Samuels that caused a key 11-yard gain to be called back. I replayed it a couple times during the game on HD Tivo, and it was not even CLOSE to a hold. It was a beautiful, text-book block. I am not a big Samuels fan, but the only reason he got charged with a hold was because the DLineman fell down, and the official (BEHIND him) assumed he must have been dragged down. From the camera angle, it was obvious he was not. I sure wish the NFL would change to PROFESSIONAL officials like every other major sport, and stop the practice of part time officials with office jobs during the week!!

Who cares?? It doesn't change anything. We got a decent call ourselves with the runback for td, so they would just throw that in our face. They tend not to, giving the refs the benefit of the doubt unless it is blatently obvious they missed something. I think they need to refine it, let the booth make the decision, I still think the umpire has the final word on the call, and they are unlikely to embarass one of their own. If the booth sas the same replay at the goal line we all did, it should of have been overturned, with obvious evidence of his elbow hitting the ground before the ball broke the plane.

I agree. That was the past we cant change it to a win.

It was inconclusive. You could use circumstantial evidence and commen sense and recognize he didn't make it, but in that huge jumble of bodies... I don't think they could honestly change the ruling. The ref who signaled good never should have, however. It was clearly a bad call. The Redskins got reffed, not quite as badly as in the Denver game, but reffed pretty bad.

They will never publically acknowledge their mistakes. I think they go hard on Coach Gibbs as a way to deflect any possible talk of 'favoritism" to a Suprt Bowl coach. From that perspective, he has "paid a lot of dues" this year, and is positioned well for a run next year....

Archived