Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did NFL Apologize? (Merged)

Daanie

I don't think thier decision comes until Thursday/Friday if they'll offer an apology or not, but they couldn't challange the 2pt conversion to begin with since it was under 2:00 to play in the 1/2, but then once something "stands" you can't rechallange it.

They need to get new refs. If they couldnt see that there was no way the ball was in the endzone then they seriously need to get new jobs.

That was seriously pathetic.

Sure, you can say that compared to other calls challenged you know that they wouldnt overturn that one, because they were equally blind in other instances but that doesn't change the fact that they were clearly not looking.

1: They wouldnt apologize for something even fans of a team can't agree on.

2. They might on the push out.

3. They might to Tampa on the TD runback.

Anyone have the replay of the pat...offsides?

sableholic posted in this forum earlier, it still should be there. from the replay, it is clear that springs is onside. however, it appears that harris may have been in the neutral zone, but it's hard to tell when the ball is snapped. the linesman on harris' side threw the flag.

betts was NOT out on the runback.

sableholic posted in this forum earlier, it still should be there. from the replay, it is clear that springs is onside. however, it appears that harris may have been in the neutral zone, but it's hard to tell when the ball is snapped. the linesman on harris' side threw the flag.

betts was NOT out on the runback.

the Skins weren't offsides

Alstot never broke the plane

the Force out wrong

Moss was held

Betts never stepped ot of bounds

yet Tampa keeps the W :hammer:

:cry:

I doubt the NFL will apologize for anything. They are all judgement calls and could have went either way on any of the plays. The officials made their judgement, one worked out for us, one didn't, and one we couldn't do anything about (the push out). Thats just the nature of the beast.

The thing about the 2 point conversion is, I think everyone can agree that when alstot's elbow was down it was not in nor touching the endzone. The lack of irrefutable evidence come before he was down as he lunged towards the endzone where it is clear at least his elbow crossed the plane of the goal line. Maybe the ball did cross, maybe it didn't, but you can't tell for sure so the play has to stand as called.

Does anyone know if the NFL apologized to the Redskins

for the botched 2-pt conversion call?

Couldnt the skins have challenged the review,

asking the refs to look for the elbow in particular?

WGAF whether or not the NFL apologizes? What good will come from it? They'll label Gibbs a whiner and it will just compound the situation. Look, NFL officials do affect the outcome of games. Most games, there are perhaps 6-10 critical plays to determine a victory or a loss. And if officials botch some of the critical plays, the outcome may change.

What's done is done. 'Skins should've scored two more TDs if they played it right. They didn't, the defense couldn't hold the lead and GAME OVER.

As a matter of fact, I've resigned myself to officials screwing the 'Skins, so that just makes it more important that the 'Skins play near perfect and do everything they can to make those calls non-meaningful.

Today, my worry is Oakland, next week it'll be SD...and so on..and so on.

Kerry "Joan"Collins has a long delivery and takes deep drops. If we cannot pressure him, we're in serious trouble. He's had good games in the past against us. With Moss and and Porter, if we blitz and don't get through... "turn out the lights, the party's OVER"

GO REDSKINS

You are correct Alstott did not get in. There are two angles that PROVE that it would have been impossible for the ball to have broken the plain, given the location of his body, arms, and elbow.

We did not get lucky on the Betts call because his heal never came completely down, keeping it from touching the chalk. A player can have his entire body out of bounds as long as there is no part of it touching the ground out of bounds. Betts was in. The replay shows that.

WGAF whether or not the NFL apologizes? What good will come from it? They'll label Gibbs a whiner and it will just compound the situation.

:doh: every coach, every week, sends tape to the league office, this incident is getting press because of how the game ended.

nothing will label Gibbs anything, nor any other coach.

what purpose does it serve, It helps weed out bad, inept officals, it could help correct flaws in the rule book

Does anyone know if the NFL apologized to the Redskins

for the botched 2-pt conversion call?

Couldnt the skins have challenged the review,

asking the refs to look for the elbow in particular?

Don't see what all the whinning is about. It was a very close call. I know I personally wouldn't have ruled it a touchdown but it really looked inconclusive.

Maybe that Buc player jumping up & down influenced the refs decision.

That call was as close as Ladell Betts perhaps stepping out of bounds.

You are correct Alstott did not get in. There are two angles that PROVE that it would have been impossible for the ball to have broken the plain, given the location of his body, arms, and elbow.

We did not get lucky on the Betts call because his heal never came completely down, keeping it from touching the chalk. A player can have his entire body out of bounds as long as there is no part of it touching the ground out of bounds. Betts was in. The replay shows that.

the sodomizing continues, this was the worst since last years green bay game.

Archived