Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I met a NFL Referee on Saturday!

TLusby

I have met many NFL players in my life; however, I have never met a NFL Referee. I met one in Bonita Springs on Saturday as he was wearing a black and white NFL polo style shirt. I said, "That's a pretty plain shirt you have there. What team are you a fan of? He said, "I am not allowed to have a team favorite because I am a NFL Referee." My first reaction was to tell him how much profanity I use every weekend in reaction to their calls and inability to interpret the review. I let him know that I am a Redskin fan and we have been screwed more times this year and seem to only get apologies week in and out from the NFL on improper calls. He laughed and seemed like a good guy as we spoke for about 15 minutes. He is #87 and his crew worked the Atlanta/Green Bay game this past weekend. He has not called any Redskin's games this year but did do a Preseason game. My last comment was, "If you officiate a Redskin game and you are not sure of the call as you review the film; give me a bone please!" I am sure he is shaking his head as he watched the goalline call with Mike Alstot's two point conversion on ESPN. The Karma will be with us against NORV!

I have met many NFL players in my life; however, I have never met a NFL Referee. I met one in Bonita Springs on Saturday as he was wearing a black and white NFL polo style shirt. I said, "That's a pretty plain shirt you have there. What team are you a fan of? He said, "I am not allowed to have a team favorite because I am a NFL Referee." My first reaction was to tell him how much profanity I use every weekend in reaction to their calls and inability to interpret the review. I let him know that I am a Redskin fan and we have been screwed more times this year and seem to only get apologies week in and out from the NFL on improper calls. He laughed and seemed like a good guy as we spoke for about 15 minutes. He is #87 and his crew worked the Atlanta/Green Bay game this past weekend. He has not called any Redskin's games this year but did do a Preseason game. My last comment was, "If you officiate a Redskin game and you are not sure of the call as you review the film; give me a bone please!" I am sure he is shaking his head as he watched the goalline call with Mike Alstot's two point conversion on ESPN. The Karma will be with us against NORV!

You met a referee? Did you beat him down?

Date: 11/13/2005 Green Bay Packers At Atlanta Falcons

at The Georgia Dome Start Time: 4:15 PM EST

Game Day Weather

Played Dome on Turf: Stadium Turf Outdoor Weather: Good

Officials

Referee: Bernie Kukar (86)

Line Judge: Tom Barnes (55)

Field Judge: Boris Cheek (41) Umpire: Bill Schuster (129)

Side Judge: Tom Hill (97)

Replay Official: Dale Hamer () Head Linesman: Paul Weidner (87)

Back Judge: Steve Freeman (133)

Video Operator: Brian Matoren ()

Why did you post this just now?

I posted this since I thought it was insightful and that I have never met an official before. How many are there? 200? I was pissed beyond all belief on Sunday night and left at 8:30 to travel for business to Atlanta. I am finally reviewing Extreme comments after our wonderful performance on Sunday.

Did you ask him for a copy of the memo from tagliabue...I swear all I need is a copy of that...

i'll take an email or voice message anything for proof...;)

i like the "method" from the "longest yard". he would go from a "bass" to a "tenor"

in a skinny minute. that would make a bull yell for help!!! maybe the "defense" should

tackle like they did in the movie too. VICIOUS MAN!!!!! when was the last time there

were 2 MOSSES on different teams?? i hope the other MOSS will equal a LOSS!!!

THE SKINS NEED THESE TWO GAMES BAD!!!!!!!!!

Archived