Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys/Skins Games this week

footballhenry

Isn't it amazing that we outplay a playoff contender in Tampa Bay, fight tooth and nail and lose (via referee assistance albeit). Then Dallas gets dominated by Philly all game long but pull a win out of nowhere because of a bonehead pass by Mcnabb. Its just amazing because now well hear how good Dallas is, and how the Skins are fading (also how is it that Salisbury can say the Skins are fading when we just beat the Eagles last week, and 'shouldve' beat the Bucs this week?)

I mean one team plays their butts off and loses, and the other team gets creamed all game and wins. Its just not right. :mad:

No it wasn't...at least in the 2000 election the right team won... :D
The sad thing is, as much as I hate bush. I think you're right. Really, we haven't had a good presidential candidate in my life that I can remember.

I don't want this thread to get hijacked though, Football is more important than politics.

Let's not sound like the Cowboys fans did after week 2.
I don't really think this is analogous. Even though it was a fluke, the Cowboys lost that game. That wasn't the case in this game. The Redskins won the game even though it was very close. However, the outcome was taken out of the hands of the players, and the officials decided it. I really don't think I'm being silly or classless or whatever when I say the Redskins won this game.

The sad thing is, as much as I hate bush. I think you're right. Really, we haven't had a good presidential candidate in my life that I can remember.

I don't want this thread to get hijacked though, Football is more important than politics.

too late now ...

Seriously though - 5 years of a Republican President and the Redskins haven't even made the playoffs? Dubya better deliver a Super Bowl in the next 3 years or there will be absolutely no reason to ever vote GOP.

Actually, he owes us two. Reagan gave us one for each term, Bush Sr. gave us 1 ... Dubya - big fat zero. Somebody's gotta get on this - at least get the FBI on those Tampa refs!

Isn't it amazing that we outplay a playoff contender in Tampa Bay, fight tooth and nail and lose (via referee assistance albeit). Then Dallas gets dominated by Philly all game long but pull a win out of nowhere because of a bonehead pass by Mcnabb. Its just amazing because now well hear how good Dallas is, and how the Skins are fading (also how is it that Salisbury can say the Skins are fading when we just beat the Eagles last week, and 'shouldve' beat the Bucs this week?)

I mean one team plays their butts off and loses, and the other team gets creamed all game and wins. Its just not right. :mad:

Tell me about it. That was what the Cowboys were saying after Week 2.

BETTS WAS OUT OF BOUNDS....so bucs beat you 36-28. fine....alstott didnt get in either??? Bucs beat you 34-28....GEEEEEZE

I am not one who is going to sit here and make excuses why we lost. We lost.

But, I saw the Joe Gibbs show on TV tonight. It showed a magnified view of betts' TD return. I assure you he was not out of bounds. His heel was over the sideline, but never came down and touched. It was actually quite amazing. I will admit, during the game I thought we got away with one.

Like I said earlier, the ref's didn't overturn anything. They went with the calls made on the field for all three challenges. It was a tough way to lose, especially given that a replay SUGGESTS Alstott never really got in. But that is just it, it only suggests it. You can not see the ball. I, personally, don't feel as though he got in. But you have to go with the call made on the field when there is NO concrete evidence that he didn't. And no matter what any of us say, you can't see the ball. At least not in the replays I saw.

But your point is still flawed anyway because you take away a TD from us if Betts is ruled out, but most likely, the way the game was going, we would have driven and scored anyway.

But these are all moot points. I don't see why everyone is so hung up on the replay thing. How about not letting them score in the first place.

Be pissed at Harris, not the ref. That is who deserves it.

PLAYOFF CONTENDER IN THE BUCS?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

They had Chris Simms at Quarterback. You allowed them to score 36 points.

You made Chris Simms look like John Elway.

They are pretenders. They've been beating up on NFC North teams, and now that they are playing teams with at least a shred of talent, they are being exposed. :cheers:

PLAYOFF CONTENDER IN THE BUCS?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

They had Chris Simms at Quarterback. You allowed them to score 36 points.

You made Chris Simms look like John Elway.

They are pretenders. They've been beating up on NFC North teams, and now that they are playing teams with at least a shred of talent, they are being exposed. :cheers:

all I have to say is just wait untill the end of the season to make theroys.....As far as I know you guys are in third place in your divison and we are tied for second with the falcs who we are playing this week....and the bucs are 6-3 (man that sounds so much better) than the skins who are 5-4

Or how you should have never beaten us in teh firstplace. Get used to the parody in the NFL. Any Given Sunday has never been truer. And I don't think you are singing the same tune when we visit FedEx.

The best part is one guy on here said, "i havent seen much of Dallas this year, but based on today, they seem way overrated"....brilliant taking probably our worst effort of the season and basing your analysis on that.

See yall Week 16

Archived