Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Visual proof that we should be 6-3

LiveStrongSkins

bull9dn.jpg

Though you are correct...and the call was not made properly. What you are showing us is something the Referee probably never saw. If I understand the replay system correctly, they only get to see minimal shots of the play from minimal angles. This replay was put on Fox seconds before the ref (if he hadn't already) made his decision. More than likely...this wasn't seen

I used to get pissed about skins games like you wouldnt believe, but lately it just doesnt faze me like it used to...next week the skins will take the field again and hopefully we will come out on the winning side..i guess its just years of losing that has brought me to this point..hell i was even at the game last night and when leaving with my wife i wasnt pissed at all...we had an awesome time at the stadium so maybe that takes away a little of the sting.

I didnt see this picture in any of the threads i looked in. If this is a repeat post of the same picture would someone please merge this.

It's not the picture. It is the topic. There are Numerous pictures that are all over the place in the Stadium Forum. Yours could have been in any of the other threads..

His elbow is 2-3 inches from the goal line, and they way he is carrying the ball, the ball is a good 3-4 inches behing the elbow. It was a blatant make up call for the Betts call.

bull9dn.jpg

Friend - I hate to say this but the game was lost when the skins did not convert on 3rd and 2 with about 2 minutes left in the game. Gibbs called a conservative play on a day when the D was not playing up to their normal standards. Gibbs should have recognized that the D was having on off day and played to win and not lose by making a bad run call in a perfect put leg situation. Facts are Facts - Go Skins we are still in second and fighting for the playoffs.

That picture is after his elbow already crossed the goalline and Alstott has been stopped and driven down to the ground.

That picture proves nothing. Like I said in another thread, using that picture to "prove" Alstott was down is like taking a picture of Clinton Portis after he scores a TD and drops the ball to celebrate and saying that it's proof that he fumbled before scoring.

That picture is after his elbow already crossed the goalline and Alstott has been stopped and driven down to the ground.

That picture proves nothing. Like I said in another thread, using that picture to "prove" Alstott was down is like taking a picture of Clinton Portis after he scores a TD and drops the ball to celebrate and saying that it's proof that he fumbled before scoring.

I disagree. The ball never got across. Maybe his helmet or the back part of his shoulder pad, but not the ball.

I know it didnt, but it still was a controversial call. I just think the refs were reluctant to give the Redskins two calls of that magnitude in the same game.

True. I guess they wouldn't want to do that for us, but it's ok to do it for the Bucs. That "forced out of bounds" call on that catch was possibly one of the worst call I've ever seen in my life.

What we see here is not proof that we need to do something about all bad calls.

Bad calls are going to happen, no matter what's done. Human error, and all that.

What this play shows is that the Redskins need to keep making adjustments, working hard, and practicing, so that eventually these calls won't matter.

Back in the '91 Super Bowl season, they had bad calls against them. They just didn't matter cause the Redskins were so good, they easily overcame them.

Whether its this season or next, the Redskins will get to the point again where bad calls don't decide games for them anymore.

They just aren't there yet.

Archived