Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alstott might have broken the plane on that 2pt conversion

AlexRS

I saw replays again this morning. It appears Alstott broke the plain. His elbow did come down short, but he crossed before that. After the initial contact he extended over and broke the plane, then he came down at an angle and his elbow touched inside. But it appeared that he crossed the plane on that initial surge. Definitely not enough evidence to overturn.

I think we still got screwed by the refs though. Especially on that "pushed out of bounds" call that was not reviewable. Also, that holding call on Dockery (when we completed a nice deep pass) was bogus. There is holding on every play... Dockery was far from the QB, and he appeared to hold right about the time Brunell released the ball. They would not have made that call against our opponents. In either case, not all is lost. It sucks but it's just one game. :refssuck:

I'm not trying to get people to agree. It sucks that we lost and I am just as upset as any other Redskins fan. All I'm saying is, look at the replay. I am very upset about the loss, but let's be objective here. We did get screwed by the refs, but that particular call would have been made that particular way vast majority of the time against any other team.

Who gives a rip. I'm so sick of hearing the Refs cost us the game. This team cost itself the game by turning the ball over. Period. The end of story. Blaming the refs is a complete copout and refusal to place the blame where it belongs. On the players.

How many times must this be said... nobody is saying the Redskins didn't have their faults. However, in the end with those faults we still should have been up 35-34.

I saw replays again this morning. It appears Alstott broke the plain. His elbow did come down short, but he crossed before that. After the initial contact he extended over and broke the plane, then he came down at an angle and his elbow touched inside. But it appeared that he crossed the plane on that initial surge. Definitely not enough evidence to overturn.

I think we still got screwed by the refs though. Especially on that "pushed out of bounds" call that was not reviewable. Also, that holding call on Dockery (when we completed a nice deep pass) was bogus. There is holding on every play... Dockery was far from the QB, and he appeared to hold right about the time Brunell released the ball. They would not have made that call against our opponents. In either case, not all is lost. It sucks but it's just one game. :refssuck:

Yeah....and Mel Grey "caught" that pass before Pat Fisher knocked it out of his hands. :rolleyes: :mad:

shouldn't this be in the other thread? I mean its not like we didn't discuss the initial surge in the other thread. I even dispelled that. but sure why not lets continue.

Could you point me to that? The "Official" 2point thread is 20+ pages long with 99.9% "We got screwed" posts. I also think we got screwed, but looking for meaningful discussion in there is useless.

I am having problems taking screenshots from MediaPlayer... I'll restart and try again. All I am saying is in replays Alstott's elbow definitely breaks the plane before going backwards and landing short of the goal line. You cannot see the ball unfortunately, but his elbow definitely crosses. Does the ball cross? Cannot see. They called it one way initially, and not enough evidence to overturn (you know, evidence like the ball touching the effin ground on that other call!!)

We got screwed on much more obvious plays (like that drop that was called a catch, a forced out, etc). But this one was not as obvious.

Alex,

I pride myself on being objective too. But there is no freaking way you can read the replays and come up with the call being right. After the initial surge , he slides down and to the right. His heads crosses and his elbow clearly lands 6 inches shy of the goal. At that point the ball is actuallly over his navel, making it another 8-10 inches further back. It was a bad call and replay failed miserably.

Referees have never liked replay and want it gone. A few more calls like that and they will get their way.

Whatever happened to get it right?

Who gives a rip. I'm so sick of hearing the Refs cost us the game. This team cost itself the game by turning the ball over. Period. The end of story. Blaming the refs is a complete copout and refusal to place the blame where it belongs. On the players.

The refs did play a part, a big part. Grant it we made mistakes, but it doesn't excuse bad calls by the zebras.

Alex,

I pride myself on being objective too. But there is no freaking way you can read the replays and come up with the call being right. After the initial surge , he slides down and to the right. His heads crosses and his elbow clearly lands 6 inches shy of the goal. At that point the ball is actuallly over his navel, making it another 8-10 inches further back. It was a bad call and replay failed miserably.

Referees have never liked replay and want it gone. A few more calls like that and they will get their way.

Whatever happened to get it right?

You are right on.

Alstott crossed the plane - 2 points. They got that one right. The call that was bogus was Betts kick return. He stepped out of bounds!

I tell you what, I'll give you the 2 points for Alstott if you guys give up the 7 from that kick return. Either way, Bucs win. You guys need to quit whining and move on.

This was watched 101 times by me. I watched it in slow motion, fast forward, reverse motion, on my head, between my legs, every single angle they played on tv...it was NO GOOD...'nough said.

You obviously didn't use the angle the ref looked at...the one with his head in his zebra @SS.....that is the only way the ref saw Alstopped crossed!!!!

Alstott crossed the plane - 2 points. They got that one right. The call that was bogus was Betts kick return. He stepped out of bounds!

I tell you what, I'll give you the 2 points for Alstott if you guys give up the 7 from that kick return. Either way, Bucs win. You guys need to quit whining and move on.

Ok will you also give the 7 back for the "push out of bounds" call....that lead to a run that my grandmother could have run through!!!! lol

Whoops....fed a troll!!!

Archived