Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alstott might have broken the plane on that 2pt conversion

AlexRS

Alstott crossed the plane - 2 points. They got that one right. The call that was bogus was Betts kick return. He stepped out of bounds!

I tell you what, I'll give you the 2 points for Alstott if you guys give up the 7 from that kick return. Either way, Bucs win. You guys need to quit whining and move on.

You might want to consider getting your eyes checked. Or just apply to be an NFL Referee, they could use a good set of eyes like yours!

Alstott crossed the plane - 2 points. They got that one right. The call that was bogus was Betts kick return. He stepped out of bounds!

I tell you what, I'll give you the 2 points for Alstott if you guys give up the 7 from that kick return. Either way, Bucs win. You guys need to quit whining and move on.

I've defended the ref non-reversal on the Alstott 2pt conversion but that wasn't the only advantage you guys got.

Galloway didn't catch that ball on the first play of the drive. The tip clearly hits the ground and the ground aided him in cradling it.

Galloway was clearly out of bounds before the Skins defender touched him. That "push out" garbage was a serious cop out.

Betts scored fair and square. Show me the evidence he didn't score. He straddled that line but no white dust ever came up or even any white sod. No way you can reverse that call. I would probably agree that if the refs ruled that he indeed did step out, it too would most likely not have been overturned.

Bottom line is while I believe the Alstott non-reversal was the right call by the refs, there were several other instances that the refs aided the Bucs defeat a clearly superior team in the Washington Redskins.

I saw replays again this morning. It appears Alstott broke the plain. His elbow did come down short, but he crossed before that. After the initial contact he extended over and broke the plane, then he came down at an angle and his elbow touched inside. But it appeared that he crossed the plane on that initial surge. Definitely not enough evidence to overturn.

I think we still got screwed by the refs though. Especially on that "pushed out of bounds" call that was not reviewable. Also, that holding call on Dockery (when we completed a nice deep pass) was bogus. There is holding on every play... Dockery was far from the QB, and he appeared to hold right about the time Brunell released the ball. They would not have made that call against our opponents. In either case, not all is lost. It sucks but it's just one game. :refssuck:

I don't agree that he passed the plane, but I do agree with your other points. :2cents:

You made some very good points on the fact that it is just one game. We have a string of home games coming, so guys, lets go defend our turf and make it loud as hell for the opposing offenses.

:cheers:

I saw replays again this morning. It appears Alstott broke the plain. His elbow did come down short, but he crossed before that. After the initial contact he extended over and broke the plane, then he came down at an angle and his elbow touched inside. But it appeared that he crossed the plane on that initial surge. Definitely not enough evidence to overturn.

I think we still got screwed by the refs though. Especially on that "pushed out of bounds" call that was not reviewable. Also, that holding call on Dockery (when we completed a nice deep pass) was bogus. There is holding on every play... Dockery was far from the QB, and he appeared to hold right about the time Brunell released the ball. They would not have made that call against our opponents. In either case, not all is lost. It sucks but it's just one game. :refssuck:

I agree with you. I keep seeing that replay, and it appears to me that Alstott did in fact cross the plane, despite what others on this board keep saying. And the pictures that are posted on this board, and all the circles on those images, hardly prove otherwise.

And I also agree that the "pushed out of bounds" call was flat out wrong, and that the Dockery call was marginal at best and shouldn't have been called.

But the real reason we lost this game is because our secondary couldn't defend, our D-line couldn't rush, and our O turned the ball over too many times.

Hard to believe that made a difference since the refs both came running in and neither made a signal until well after he was stopped on the ground. I have the game tivo-ed and have watched the head on angle several times, he gets hit, spins slightly as Arrington flys over, begins commeing down, and his elbow hits and all that had touched the white goal line at the point were the very top of his shoulder pads. I really see no way he could have been in.

That said, and initally it is a very tough call from the ref's view in full speed, but they spent about two seconds lookin at the review, which is BS. They didnt check it very carefully and doubt they even saw all the angles.

Don't be so reasonable! :laugh:

Archived