Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I would open up the offense against the Buccs

SUNSTONE

With the buccs totally struggling on offense, I think now is the perfect time to get 2 players more involved in the offense, and make a couple of changes.

2 players

David Patten - We can complain about this guy all we want, but the fact is we could use a second dependable WR. And if he isn't the one, then lets get a rookie up there or something.

This game I would go up to him and tell him, "We need you bro, so we are going to call your number a lot in this game. We know you're good, so we want to establish a rythem with you so you can be a guy we can count on in bigger games."

The guy doesn't seem to have any confidence in himself. He drops way too many easy passes. I feel if we just keep going to him we will show him that we believe in his abilitys.

Ladell Betts - I feel that we need to Toss the ball to this guy. He is a bigger stronger back than CP. I would feel a lot better slamming him in the D on a toss than CP. I think you can get CP hurt by slamming him in on toss runs.

The guy gets 4 yrds a carry, so I would run him up the middle as well.

Basicly, lets get this guy more involved. CP is playing hurt, and I don't want to find this team on the shoulders of Betts if CP goes down. Atleast not without giving him the ball more.

Changes

CP we need to throw to him more. Him and Santana are the best open field runners on the team.

I feel we should use CP more like the Rams used Marshall and the Colts use James.

CP is simply too small to play smashmouth football with. This is why I would like to see Betts get the ball more. That guy is built more for smashmouth than CP is.

Fix the screen passes or stop throwing them so much.

The biggest problem I see is the lack of blocking on them.

The blockers are taught to go out and find a body and hit him.

But too often the blockers are running right past the D looking for someone else to block.

I feel that screens work best when two things happen.

1. When we are able to make big pass plays downfield. This makes the D spread out. As long as the blockers go and hit someone, this is a great time to throw the screen.

2. When our O-line is holding tight. If the D is getting fustrated because they can't get to the QB, then they will be more of a sucker for a screen play.

You can catch a team with their pants down at this time.

-I feel the worst time to throw a screen is on 3rd and 5-ish.

Yes teams are coming in on the blitz, BUT they are first instructed to recognize a screen developement. Which causes a lot of backfires.

Game Plan

- Knock the jitters off. Respect their D and run a lot on the first drive.

- 2nd Drive come out firing with your bread and butter plays/players.

- If we have the lead then take turns getting the 2 players more involved.

- Ideal situation. Begin benching starters late in the 3rd.

- Ideal situation. Begin benching starters late in the 3rd.

Now thats confidence.

It's not so much confidence, as it's a goal to try and strengthen the back-ups with playing time.

Every team, every year has injurys. So I think it's a good idea to keep the other players involved.

I feel very good knowing that Ramsey is our back up QB.

But I can't say that about any of the other offensive weapons.

really, some of you guys are looking at this as an exhibition game. tampa is dangerous, and tough at home. not really the best time to begin experimenting with backups

I would like to see our other WRs get more involved, if only to disguise our tendencies and prevent teams from rolling all coverage onto moss and cooley

really, some of you guys are looking at this as an exhibition game. tampa is dangerous, and tough at home. not really the best time to begin experimenting with backups

I would like to see our other WRs get more involved, if only to disguise our tendencies and prevent teams from rolling all coverage onto moss and cooley

I think our D can destroy their offense to be honest

I know they have a very good D, but besides the Giants game, we have been able to move the ball very well

I really expect a score from our defense to be honest

Because of the high injury risk to players, you have to play your back-ups from time to time, just so they won't go in there totally confused.

New plays should always be designed, practiced and used, every game.

Tampa's D is tight, but how much energy do they have? Their offense is going to kill their defense by doing 3 and outs.

tampa has a VERY GOOD defense and its going to be tough for our offense to move the ball. we can't go out there all willy-nilly trying things we aren't used to running, making mistakes, and giving their offense a short field.

I'd go a step further from very good defense to statistically, the #1 ranked unit in the league (#2 versus the pass #2 versus the rush).

We have to protect the football against their defense.

Tampa has the #1 ranked defense in the league overall. Very good against the run and against the pass. This is certainly not going to be an easy win.

Also Tampa's strength is our weakness. They like to run the ball and we have are 21st in the league against the run. We can stop their passing game, but then again we haven't lost many games this year because of the passing game have we?

This game is going to be a battle.

This game is very simple: don't let Galloway get deep on us and don't turn the ball over.

I expect Gibbs to follow the same script he followed against Tampa last year and Chicago this year. It starts and ends with respecting their defense. They won't be able to sustain drives on us with Simms and a patchwork line so it will be up to their defense to shorten the field with turnovers. I see lots of runs, screens, and the occasional 8 man protection with Santana and Patten going deep.

Patients darling, we'll open things up next week against Oakland.

It's going to be a dog fight but it's one we SHOULD win.

16-7 Skins. :helmet:

Galloway can get deep, Pittman can catch the ball and take it to the house big time, and we already seen what the Caddy can do ...

Just like Tiki, I think this Bucs running game has the potential to break our backs with long runs ....hooooold me I'm scurred

13-10 skins, and the only TD we score comes from a turnover that gives us great field position .. there TD comes from a play that will be 40 or more yards ...

Galloway can get deep, Pittman can catch the ball and take it to the house big time, and we already seen what the Caddy can do ...

Just like Tiki, I think this Bucs running game has the potential to break our backs with long runs ....hooooold me I'm scurred

13-10 skins, and the only TD we score comes from a turnover that gives us great field position .. there TD comes from a play that will be 40 or more yards ...

I agree with this. The Buccaneers have a very dangerous offense. They have a bunch of tough, fast guys on offense who can beat you up (have you seen pittman's arms? That guy is a monster). They have the ability to get ore big plays against us than anyone else has so far (Giants excluded).

I'm accually not as afraid of the Bucs Defense as most of you are. They don't really have an overwhelming team. They are not a dominant team and we really shouldn't be too afraid of them.

I think our defense finally comes full circle (when Griff gets back they will be dominant) against a young offense, gives up no big touchdown plays, and scores a touchdown. They are just due. Especially now that Lavar is back.

Oh yeah and our offense is better than we've been playing the last 2 games.

Redskins win, 27-6

Archived