Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snyder's Arena League Team (Merge)

StevieInferior

If I remember correctly originally they were supposed to play the Comcast Center in College Park...here is a link to an article about where things stand....

http://www.thehoya.com/sports/032304/sports9.cfm

The District’s would-be AFL team CEO, Redskins owner Dan Snyder, hoped the D.C. version would be up and running by 2003, but without a home, there is no point in revving up the “Washington Warriors.” MCI Center, Patriot Center and Comcast Center are all either over-booked or over-priced, and the odds on having space nearby to build a new venue are slim to … nevermind; if I suggest a new stadium be built, the last thing it would be for is an AFL team. Although Mr. Snyder, if you build one over here, say, on top of a gutted McDonough Gymnasium, I am sure the Hoyas could fit in some turf time for the Warriors.

I heard a couple years ago that Snyder purchased an Arena Football Team to come to DC. Is this still true or have they changed their minds? Anyone know?

Id love to go to some Arena League games. Year long Football, thats what Im talking bout.

Guest SPACESKINS

Yeah I heard about that too a couple of years (even last year) ago.The team was suppose to be called the Washington Warriors and haven't heard anything since. :whoknows:

Archived