Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wilds > Jimoh

EliMustDie28

Ok i checked he is with the panthers. He only has 2 tackles though probably on special teams. The better question is why did he cut his dreads off ? Everyone knows you lose strength when that happens.

:dallasuck

I dont think he lost strength...but i think it's the dreads that gave him the popularity here.

Man y'all are harsh on Jimoh. I don't agree with EVERYTHING our coaching staff does, but keeping him was the right thing to do. He's arguably one of the top special teams players we have (After Thrash, Rock and Sellers), and plays runs and short passes solidly. He has problems with high passes and deep balls, but excluding the PI call in the Chiefs game (which WAS stupid) he hasn't made a noticeable mistake, and has had some nice stops. We can't expect him to match up favorably against 1's and 2's, but he generally isn't noticeable when he's in there this year, which is all you can ask from him as a 4th corner (Lelie play wasn't his fault IMO, good pass, good catch and he was just mismatched). I may be the only one on this site that thinks so, but I'm very glad we kept him, considering how poor our special teams have been in years past. Remember he was playing with Rogers when our defense held the Broncos' passing game in check.

Man what ever, Ade Jimoh can NOT do it!!! PERIOD. He is decent on speacial teams, but that's about it. I wouldn't say he's one of the best, because that FAR from the truth. He's decent, but he makes to many mistakes. His name get's called for all the wrong reasons

Can't do what? Cover deep passes? I've already been through that. He is one of the top special teams players we have, that's why he's been kept here. Do you think that the coaches don't notice the mistakes he makes? He's here because we need special teams aces, and, believe it or not, he's one of them.

I don't get to see all of the Redskins games here in NY, but when ever I catch them (especially against the Giants) and Jimoh is in the game he gets burned for a long play. He's improved, but I get scared when he's in the game. He gives up too much space and does not have speed to recover once a receiver blows by him.

He had the help of ST...But Wilds held his own pretty nicely against Randy.

I think Wilds is given a lot of his total Redksins props for that one game. FWIW, many felt Moss took that game off, something Moss didn't openly acknowledge but also didn't bother to deny when he was asked in several later interviews. One I saw, Moss said he was done leaving his best on the field al year when the rest of the team didn't do the same. That was part of the final decision in Minnesota according to some of their media. Of course right or wrong, Moss has always had a bit of a rep for taking some plays off.

Archived