Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Freeney to be a Free Agent - Merged

FootballGuy2677

colts are in financial trouble... mannings got that HUGE contract, and e. james/r. wayne will also be free agents. word is that they are focusing on e. james for next season.... wouldnt be surprised to see r. wayne on the free agent block, and i could not be for that enough.

they will either have to trade or release on of those players, and probably franchise edge as well. Which means that if the colts do release freeny b/c of financial troubles, then the front office will have to make sure that freeny is our top priority if they want to pick him up. If he wants a huge contract, chances are we will not sign him, and look forward to the draft.

The big names aren’t part of the Gibbs philosophy. I think Vinny and the Scout team are out looking for Joe's new Dexter Manley in this year's draft. They are probably looking at every pass rusher in the college ranks right now. They will invest this year's #1 for the pass rusher they want.

Yea but the problem is denver has our #1.:D

The big names aren’t part of the Gibbs philosophy. I think Vinny and the Scout team are out looking for Joe's new Dexter Manley in this year's draft. They are probably looking at every pass rusher in the college ranks right now. They will invest this year's #1 for the pass rusher they want.

Is that why he traded two firsts for Wilbur Marshall? Seriously some of this rhetoric is hyperbole. Gibbs is fine with big name players as long as those players do not allow their names to get in the way of TEAM.

Except Peppers is on Roids.

But this is true. If Freeney is compared with Smith, then Peppers would be the closest thing to Reggie White. But that's the thing, we have run stopping De's, we need someone like Freeney who can rush the passer every passing down and just get after it.

First off, Roids?? Ephedra(speeds metabolism to lose weight) is a far cry from roids.

Peppers is a multi-tool DE. Good in run support,exceptional pass rusher and can drop back in coverage. He'd be the perfect fit for Williams' system.

Haven't seen enough of Freeney to know if he's just all pass rush and a liability against the run(Just like Bruce Smith was) or if he can do it all.

What the frick has Peppers done since coming into the league except for being a huge bust? Reggie White and that overrated juicer don't belong into the same sentence, what a joke.

Dude I said the closest thing to, not that he has even come remotely close to Reggie White's greatness. White was my favorite DE of all time. When I was growing up it was in the era of him, Marino, and Barry Sanders. I'm not saying Peppers is White, just that Peppers is probably one of the best all around DE's in the league, and anyone with that title is inevitably going to be compared with White, arguably the best all around, multi purpose DE EVER.

But that's just it. Peppers is a multi-tool DE. Good in run support,exceptional pass rusher and can drop back in coverage. He'd be the perfect fit for Williams' system.

Haven't seen enough of Freeney to know if he's just all pass rush and a liability against the run(Just like Bruce Smith was) or if he can do it all.

you think you know what your talking about dude but seriously, your making yourself look like a fool man...freeney first of all in a hall of famer julius is not, julius is on roids freeney is hopfully not, julius does not impress me freeney does. Overall, Freeney is the best pass rusher in a long time, fast as hell, dosnt create trouble, and can make an entire D-Line better pass rushing wise.

What the frick has Peppers done since coming into the league except for being a huge bust? Reggie White and that overrated juicer don't belong into the same sentence, what a joke.

Bust?? Completing one of the premier defenses in the league and helping his team get to a SuperBowl (something Freeney can't say) is now categorized as bust material?? :insane:

Quit drinking the haterade......

1) Dolts will likely franchise Freeney. Back end the deal and let Payton hemorrhage the team with his salary hit in 3-4 years. The future is now.

2) We probably can afford the hit ourselves. Just when we are finally leaving the fantasy football roster mentality of the early Synder era, lets not take steps back...

Man... it would be so nice to have a beast at DE for a change. Imagine a Redskin DE just domininating a Tackle and zipping around him for a sack. How long has it been. Its been so long that I dont even look at the ends when there is a long yardage situation- I just look for the blizters

First off, Roids?? Ephedra(speeds metabolism to lose weight) is a far cry from roids.

Peppers is a multi-tool DE. Good in run support,exceptional pass rusher and can drop back in coverage. He'd be the perfect fit for Williams' system.

All the great pure pass rushers are liability's against the run. As is Freeney, just like Kearse, who everyone wanted last year.

Except: Freeney>>>>>Kearse.

If I could take my pick I'd probably choose Peppers, but we're talking about someone who is a potential free agent, not who's better. Freeney is potentially a FA, and I don't believe we should pass up the opportunity to secure a pass rusher of Freeney's calibre if the price is within reason. Can you imagine a 3rd and Long and Gregg Williams doesn't even HAVE to blitz to pressure the QB? Then you know the Blitzes will come with more frequency, because with Freeney they'll be even MORE lethal.

you think you know what your talking about dude but seriously, your making yourself look like a fool man...freeney first of all in a hall of famer julius is not, julius is on roids freeney is hopfully not, julius does not impress me freeney does. Overall, Freeney is the best pass rusher in a long time, fast as hell, dosnt create trouble, and can make an entire D-Line better pass rushing wise.

Yeah, Peppers is on roids :rolleyes:, that's why he's still allowed in the league. Jesus H. use some common sense.

Bust?? Completing one of the premier defenses in the league and helping his team get to a SuperBowl (something Freeney can't say) is now categorized as bust material?? :insane:

Quit drinking the haterade......

It's not Freeney's or the Colts defenses fault that the Patriots beat them last year. This is what I don't get about the Manning excuse makers. Their defense always comes to play against New England and its their offense that dissappears. So please don't try to use that as your argument for why we should not bring in Freeney if the Colts are stupid enough to let him walk.

All the great pure pass rushers are liability's against the run. As is Freeney, just like Kearse, who everyone wanted last year.

Except: Freeney>>>>>Kearse.

If I could take my pick I'd probably choose Peppers, but we're talking about someone who is a potential free agent, not who's better. Freeney is potentially a FA, and I don't believe we should pass up the opportunity to secure a pass rusher of Freeney's calibre if the price is within reason. Can you imagine a 3rd and Long and Gregg Williams doesn't even HAVE to blitz to pressure the QB? Then you know the Blitzes will come with more frequency, because with Freeney they'll be even MORE lethal.

Freeney would help us out a great deal, I just don't think the Colts will let him go.

That would be a wet dream. Pass rushing end is far and away our biggest need and Freeney is the tits.

Freeney is on his way to winning his first of perhaps multiple defensive MVP awards. He's clearly the best defensive player in the league and it could be argued that he is the best player at his position in the NFL. There are no Deion Sanders in the league at CB. There are no LTs at linebacker. But this guy makes an impact like those two players and deserves to be the highest paid defensive player in the league.

If he were to somehow hit the market, he would comand a signing bonus in the 25-28 million range. I can't imagine a way that we'd be able to fit him under the cap but you never know how creative the Danny will get.

colts are in financial trouble... mannings got that HUGE contract, and e. james/r. wayne will also be free agents. word is that they are focusing on e. james for next season.... wouldnt be surprised to see r. wayne on the free agent block, and i could not be for that enough.

i would love thta

Archived