Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Freeney to be a Free Agent - Merged

FootballGuy2677

colts are in financial trouble... mannings got that HUGE contract, and e. james/r. wayne will also be free agents. word is that they are focusing on e. james for next season.... wouldnt be surprised to see r. wayne on the free agent block, and i could not be for that enough.

Freeney would probably be a beast here. However, FA stud DE's usually end up choking with their new teams (Grant Wistrom, Marcellus Wiley, Ogunleye hasnt done much). Bertrand Berry really stands out as a free agent pick up it seems. I would rather build through the draft, also think of our cap situation. It is possible to find solid d-line help in the 2nd/3rd rounds and I seriously hope that is our plan for the season.

Idea....if lavar dosnt wanna stay then heres a trade.

Only if we cant get dwight in agency.

3rd round pick, Lavar Arrington for Dwight Freeney

What do you think?

Ummm, no?? They don't have cap space. They can't trade for a big salary. Use your head. Besides, Lavar wants to stay and is a playmaker. Why is everyone eager to get rid of him when we could have him + Freeney. Why one or the other? Think outside the box instead of in Madden terms!

Freeney would probably be a beast here. However, FA stud DE's usually end up choking with their new teams (Grant Wistrom, Marcellus Wiley, Ogunleye hasnt done much). Bertrand Berry really stands out as a free agent pick up it seems. I would rather build through the draft, also think of our cap situation. It is possible to find solid d-line help in the 2nd/3rd rounds and I seriously hope that is our plan for the season.

Um, Freeney is arguably the best DE in the league. We aren't talking about Grant Wistrom, we're talking about the closest thing to Bruce Smith the league has.

Ummm, no?? They don't have cap space. They can't trade for a big salary. Use your head. Besides, Lavar wants to stay and is a playmaker. Why is everyone eager to get rid of him when we could have him + Freeney. Why one or the other? Think outside the box instead of in Madden terms!

*puts hand on thesteves shoulder to try to calm him down*

Ok man, i was just asking.

No.

NO

NO NO NO NO NO

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Would you all listen to yourselves? How many times have we gone after a guy at the worst possible time (when he has JUST gone through a bunch of good seasons and is about to get a gigantic contract) only to have it crush us the next year or a few years later. He may be a great DE, but geez, for all the bashing we've absorbed and the resulting complaining, I didn't think anyone would call for anymore high-priced free agents. We should continue to go after the Marcus Washingtons, Randy Thomases, and Cornelius Griffins of the NFL. Those are the players that win Super Bowls. So if you want my take again:

NO

NO NO NO

Freeney's ok.

Peppers would be the way to go if he would ever be available.:2cents:

Except Peppers is on Roids.

But this is true. If Freeney is compared with Smith, then Peppers would be the closest thing to Reggie White. But that's the thing, we have run stopping De's, we need someone like Freeney who can rush the passer every passing down and just get after it.

No.

NO

NO NO NO NO NO

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Would you all listen to yourselves? How many times have we gone after a guy at the worst possible time (when he has JUST gone through a bunch of good seasons and is about to get a gigantic contract) only to have it crush us the next year or a few years later. He may be a great DE, but geez, for all the bashing we've absorbed and the resulting complaining, I didn't think anyone would call for anymore high-priced free agents. We should continue to go after the Marcus Washingtons, Randy Thomases, and Cornelius Griffins of the NFL. Those are the players that win Super Bowls. So if you want my take again:

NO

NO NO NO

Most of the high price "disasters" were older players near the end of their respective primes. Freeney is a younger player just entering his prime. If you have the cap room, you sign him. Especially if you're the Redskins, who haven't had a dominant DE since the days of Mann and Manley.

We aren't even talking about Kearse here, who everyone wanted but nobody wanted to talk about his injury history. (And look how he's always nicked in Philly). Freeney has been relatively injury free.

I know what yall are talking about with the high priced free agents weve had a history with but really...this is dwight freeney.

He dosnt just push the guard, spin, push guard, runs toward the qb and gets him in 3 seconds.

Hes super fast and has a very solid technique, i mean you cant put 1 tight end and a tackle on this guy when he is in a colts uniform and when he puts on a redskins he suddenly cant do that especially as GW coached player.

Besides he makes an entire D-Line dangerous not just himself.

The big names aren’t part of the Gibbs philosophy. I think Vinny and the Scout team are out looking for Joe's new Dexter Manley in this year's draft. They are probably looking at every pass rusher in the college ranks right now. They will invest this year's #1 for the pass rusher they want.

Archived