Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Maybe we can trade Patrick to Detroit

haraldjun

Which Eagles player are you most worried about this week?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which Eagles player are you most worried about this week?

• # 81 Terrell Owens (WR) 47 rec. 763 yds 6 TDs 91 long
    • # 36 Brian Westbrook (RB) 39 Rec 423 yds 4 tds 304 yards rushing 3.9 avg 1 td
    • # 5 Donovan McNabb (QB) 2034 yds 87.9 rating 15 tds 7 ints 21 yds rushing
    • # 54 Jeremiah Trotter (LB) 44 tckl 6 ast 1 sack 1 int 5 pd
    • # 20 Brian Dawkins (FS) 26 tckl 4 ast 2.5 sacks 1 int 8 pd
    • # 93 Jevon Kearse (DE) 8 tckl 1 ast 3 sacks 4 pd
    • # 86 Reggie Brown (WR) 108 yrds, 1 tckl
    • # 85 Darnerien McCants (WR) 22 yrds
    • # 98 Mike Patterson (DT) 15 tckl, 1 ast, 2 sacks
    • Other player not here mentioned

my point is only that the lions won't give up one of their young receivers for ramsey. or a 2nd or 3rd rd. pick. agreed?

Let's see, they have 4 really young and high drafted good recievers, how are they gonna be able to fit them all in their scheme, maybe ramsey n a draft pick will get us Charles Rogers or whoevers fourth on their depth chart right now

Someone is going to pick Ramsey up if for nothing else his arm. With a good O line in front of him, sort of like Jake Plummer has in Denver, Ramsey would thrive. I still think the kid is decnet and in the right environment he is going to be great.

By the way how many INT's did Jake throw last year? Does anyone know.? It was an average of about 2 per contest, in about 8 games. Still Shanihan stuck with him.

Someone will pick Ramsey up for a second. I mean for God's sake Jessie Palmer was just picked up by I think the Lions. Show's you how desperate teams are for VET QB's, even unproven ones.

I doubt Detroit would go after a QB drafted in the same class as Harrington. The Jets, Ravens, and Browns come to mind right off. The Browns may offer a 2nd for him. I could also see him going to the Cheifs to replace the aging Green, and the VIkings if they release Culpepper, maybe the Panthers as again, Delhomme is aging and he is a gunslinger as well.

I doubt Detroit would go after a QB drafted in the same class as Harrington. The Jets, Ravens, and Browns come to mind right off. The Browns may offer a 2nd for him. I could also see him going to the Cheifs to replace the aging Green, and the VIkings if they release Culpepper, maybe the Panthers as again, Delhomme is aging and he is a gunslinger as well.

No way in hell Culpepper leaves Minni.

Someone will pick up Ramsey -- I just hope it's not the Cowboys.

Let's see, they have 4 really young and high drafted good recievers, how are they gonna be able to fit them all in their scheme, maybe ramsey n a draft pick will get us Charles Rogers or whoevers fourth on their depth chart right now

I don't think Carlos is the character guy Gibbs is looking for. If we trade him to Detroit, it will be for a pick, probably 3-5 range.

How about trading Patrick to Minnesota for a 1st rounder?

No one is going to give up a 1st for PR. Besides, at the rate Minny is going, they may be able to get Lineart or V. Young, even if they have to trade up to do it.

well, i guess they just drafted those guys as trade bait to acquire ramsey :doh:

and now you want to part w/ yet another draft pick??????

Decent starting quarterbacks are in short supply around the league. Ramsey has shown some flashes and has never really been given a stable environment to work with. Given that the QB market is pretty thin right now (pending the draft of course), we should be able to get some value for Ramsey. If Miami was willing to part with a 2nd rounder for Feeley, we should find a couple of teams willing to give up something similar for Ramsey.

And why wouldn't Detroit be willing to give up one of their young recievers? They can just draft another one in the first round this year.

:laugh:

Though personally I'd prefer to address the D-line problem.

well, i guess they just drafted those guys as trade bait to acquire ramsey :doh:

and now you want to part w/ yet another draft pick??????

Absolutely no need to part with a pick. Recievers don't do much good if you don't have a quarterback. Detroit is far more desparate for a QB than we are for a WR. We'd be fools to take anything less than a straight up trade in this case. If other teams like Miami, NYJ, Houston, Cleveland, etc. are interested, then we could be talking a player and a mid-late round pick.

But I think the Wide Reciever trade talk is pointless. We are severely lacking on the D line and in depth at corner, with no first round pick next year. We'd be foolish to trade Ramsey for another offensive player.

Will Campbell be ready to take over as #2 QB though? I think this will determine whether we trade PR. If we do trade him, surely he's worth a #2. As has been said, he has shown flashes of ability in a very unstable environment, and a good attitude.

There's a few teams who would see PR as an upgrade to their starters.

Will Campell be ready to take over as #2 QB though? I think this will determine whether we trade PR. If we do trade him, surely he's worth a #2. As has been said, he has shown flashes of ability in a very unstable environment, and a good attitude.

There's a few teams who would see PR as an upgrade to their starters.

Agreed.

Patrick would be an upgrade in

Chicago (but I think they're married to Orton or Grossman for now)

New Orleans (I like their QB but he might have worn out his welcome at this point, besides if they stay in New Orleans they can market the local kid comes home angle to the fans)

Arizona

San Francisco (they'll stick with Alex Smith I know, but I'm not sure about that kid, there is a "bust" feel about him)

New York Jets (they literally have nobody)

Miami (In Gus they trust? :laugh: )

Baltimore (they literally have nobody part 2)

Cleveland (end of the line for Mr. Dilfer)

Kansas City (of course Trent Green is better, but he's getting up there in age and I don't think they have a replacement on the roster.)

If we're gonna trade Ramsey, which I would not advocate, we need to either get a player of need or the best draft pick we can get. I don't think WR is a position of need. DL definately, CB maybe.........etc.

Don't do it for WRs.

Archived