Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Maybe we can trade Patrick to Detroit

haraldjun

Which Eagles player are you most worried about this week?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which Eagles player are you most worried about this week?

• # 81 Terrell Owens (WR) 47 rec. 763 yds 6 TDs 91 long
    • # 36 Brian Westbrook (RB) 39 Rec 423 yds 4 tds 304 yards rushing 3.9 avg 1 td
    • # 5 Donovan McNabb (QB) 2034 yds 87.9 rating 15 tds 7 ints 21 yds rushing
    • # 54 Jeremiah Trotter (LB) 44 tckl 6 ast 1 sack 1 int 5 pd
    • # 20 Brian Dawkins (FS) 26 tckl 4 ast 2.5 sacks 1 int 8 pd
    • # 93 Jevon Kearse (DE) 8 tckl 1 ast 3 sacks 4 pd
    • # 86 Reggie Brown (WR) 108 yrds, 1 tckl
    • # 85 Darnerien McCants (WR) 22 yrds
    • # 98 Mike Patterson (DT) 15 tckl, 1 ast, 2 sacks
    • Other player not here mentioned

Hi I know it´s a bit early to speculate on offseason trades, but what about a trade of Patrick Ramsey to the Lions for one of their WR or a 2nd or 3rd round pick.. :dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

In other words, since you don't like Patrick Ramsey you think Detroit is stupid enough to give up a high draft pick for a peice of garbage.

In actuality, Patrick Ramsey is going to do well in this league. Proabably not with the Redskins, but with some team in about 3 years. After Patrick gets an oportunity to play with a team that has good schemes and protects the QB. After Patrick can spend a couple of years in the same system while forgetting the other systems he has been taught.

Ramsey may even yet come back this year to surprise some people because Brunell is not quaranteed to stay helathy. Its a long and mean season.

Don't be surprised if Ramsey stays. Gibbs likes to be stockpiled at QB - for good reason. If they can't get a 3rd round pick for him, they may feel it's more valuable to keep him in '06. Especially if they think they have a team that can make a run at the Super Bowl. His contract is very cap friendly and I don't know that Gibbs will have confidence in putting Campbell at the #2 spot.

I hope the redskins go for Marcus Vick whenever he goes into the draft. In order to do that the would need to think quite a bit ahead. Sending Ramsey to another team could help their odds a bit.

He's a gun slinger, has some touch, and can run like his big bro but has the discipline to stay in the pocket. Hes going to be one of the greats in the NFL

I doubt Detroit would go after a QB drafted in the same class as Harrington. The Jets, Ravens, and Browns come to mind right off. The Browns may offer a 2nd for him. I could also see him going to the Cheifs to replace the aging Green, and the VIkings if they release Culpepper, maybe the Panthers as again, Delhomme is aging and he is a gunslinger as well.

if we would get a second rounder...id do it right now. that way we could work on our lines..which is what we really need to take us to the next level

Garcia is trash. He's too brittle. He benefited from throwing to TO on a good SF team. At 180lbs when wet, he's taken too much of a beating.

Ramsey might net you guys a 5th. He's done nothing to warrant a 2nd rounder. You'd be better off getting someone like Kellen Clemens in round 2

AJ Feeley netted the Eagles a high 2nd round pick, like the second pick of the round.

Ramsey should get us at worst a 3rd round pick. Somebody will go after him.

i think ramsey has a very bright future ahead of him,especially if he finds the right team

there were rumours miami were interested even last year aswell as this year early season-he'd do well in scott linehans offense that culpepper thrived in

if ramsey goes to the chiefs watch out-he will be a pro bowl quarterback in that offense

Geez people, stop the crazy talk about trading Ramsey. A experienced backup QB is a premium in this league. Campbell is far from ready to even be a second string QB.

Look at the Ravens, Browns, Rams, Cardinals,Lions, Miami, Minnesota and San Fran.

All missing starting QB's for whatever reason and all are struggling due to lack of experience at the backup QB or backup QB who just simply sucks. I say Ramsey is as good as any of their QB's but would not feel comfortable if Bruenell went down and Campbell had to step in this year or next year.

its gonna take a lot more than ramsey to get abraham

How many years in row has he been franchised? Then there was all of that junk last year in the postseason. He seems like he needs a change of scenery, and the Jets could certainly use a QB like Ramsey.

It just seems like a win/win scenerio.

How many years in row has he been franchised? Then there was all of that junk last year in the postseason. He seems like he needs a change of scenery, and the Jets could certainly use a QB like Ramsey.

It just seems like a win/win scenerio.

Without question Ramsey is not Gibbs guy, but then again Frank Wycheck was not Norv Turners guy. Another mans trash is another mans treasure.

I think Patrick Ramsey will end up starting a playoff game someday and Joe Gibbs will be praising him, as he praises everybody, but the point being is that we have a solid QB who just has NEVER been given the chance to be in a system for a period of time without somebody jerking him out or whatever.

I really don't think many QB's can succeed with the kind of history Ramsey has had. Ramsey is a slow learner, but he definately has learned and he would be much farther along now had Gibbs let him stay in. Eli Manning got more playing time last year than Ramsey and Eli has more playing time THIS year than Ramsey.

Seems like Patrick is doomed to nothingness until he gets out of Washington. But mark my words, he will succeed in several years IF he gets into the right situation and gets to start for 3 years in a row like David Carr or Hoey Harrington. He's already better than them and yet he has never had that kind of support or experience.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If we want to trade Patrick, the desired partner should be the Saints, and the target should be Darren Howard. Aaron Brooks is done there. He's just too amazingly idiotic for words, and I think they'll win enough games to fall out of contention for Leinart. At that point, they are better off addressing their horrible LBs (AJ Hawk?) in the draft and going for a more experienced QB.

Howard is a better all-around player than Abraham and won't get the big money Abraham will demand. If we could do Patrick and some late pick for Howard, that would be solid, especially considering that we'll be getting some picks back (for possibly the first time since Danny has been here) in comp picks.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If we want to trade Patrick, the desired partner should be the Saints, and the target should be Darren Howard. Aaron Brooks is done there. He's just too amazingly idiotic for words, and I think they'll win enough games to fall out of contention for Leinart. At that point, they are better off addressing their horrible LBs (AJ Hawk?) in the draft and going for a more experienced QB.

Howard is a better all-around player than Abraham and won't get the big money Abraham will demand. If we could do Patrick and some late pick for Howard, that would be solid, especially considering that we'll be getting some picks back (for possibly the first time since Danny has been here) in comp picks.

Never thought of that. I would much prefer Howard to Abraham. Not sure if the Saints are in the market for a QB though.

Without question Ramsey is not Gibbs guy, but then again Frank Wycheck was not Norv Turners guy. Another mans trash is another mans treasure.

I think Patrick Ramsey will end up starting a playoff game someday and Joe Gibbs will be praising him, as he praises everybody, but the point being is that we have a solid QB who just has NEVER been given the chance to be in a system for a period of time without somebody jerking him out or whatever.

I really don't think many QB's can succeed with the kind of history Ramsey has had. Ramsey is a slow learner, but he definately has learned and he would be much farther along now had Gibbs let him stay in. Eli Manning got more playing time last year than Ramsey and Eli has more playing time THIS year than Ramsey.

Seems like Patrick is doomed to nothingness until he gets out of Washington. But mark my words, he will succeed in several years IF he gets into the right situation and gets to start for 3 years in a row like David Carr or Hoey Harrington. He's already better than them and yet he has never had that kind of support or experience.

I agree 100%.

Ramsey will succeed somewhere (apparently not here) if he can get into the right system.

Archived