Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys being picked to win the division?

TheShredder

from the huddle.com... Tim Gase...

NFC EAST

Dallas Cowboys: 11-5 (First)

They will because of…

They are young and hungry.

Defensive addition of La’Roi Glover.

A great rookie draft.

Emmitt Smith won’t let them quit.

They won’t because of…

No QB.

They’re young.

Jerry Jones gets in the way.

Philadelphia Eagles: 11-5 (Second)

They will because of…

Donovan McNabb.

Andy Reid.

They won’t because of…

A weakened defense.

Duece Staley won’t stay healthy.

No viable backup to Staley.

The Cowboys are young and hungry.

Washington Redskins: 8-8 (Third)

They will because of…

Marvin Lewis is their Defensive Coordinator.

Steve Spurrier is better than anyone thought.

Dan Snyder will buy another pro-bowler for Steve to play with.

They won’t because of…

Steve Spurrier isn’t as good as he thinks.

Weak QBs.

Their defense will tire from all that exposure.

New York Giants: 6-10 (Fourth)

They will because of…

Uh, gimme a minute…

They could because of…

Hang on, I’m still thinking.

They won’t because of…

Kerry Collins.

No legitimate RB.

A weakened D.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who the hell is this idiot?

:puke: :puke:

you have to admit that's funny about blade sh!tting his pants...I am a cowboy fan and I couldn't stop laughing.....God help him if he turns out to be a decent player, he will never live that down....

I don't think the cowboys are quite ready to take the division but both cowboys and skins are on the way up, philly and giants on the way down....giants will probably end up last in the division, and philly is going to be vunerable.

Ive only seen a few publications and/or columnists or analysts who think the Cowboys are going to finish first. The only way we finish first is if Quincy comes out and has a better season than Donovan McNabb's 2nd or 3rd year....and that ain't happening. If we can get just decent, average play out of him we win 9 games. I think the skins are in much the same boat. I dont see either one of us winning more than 9 or 10 games.

so instability at quarterback prevents one team from being over .500, but it doesn't prevent another from winning the division?

we aren't talking about hall of fame players here, but I find it VERY difficult to believe that second year player Quincy Carter is going to be more productive in his new offense than Matthews or Wuerffel will be in one that they have years of experience running :)

the 'newness' issue for Spurrier is exaggerated because a lot of his offensive players are not learning anything new, they are touching up on things they already do well :)

this same kind of timid analysis was being made in the 1980's when Gibbs was starting Jay Schroeder and then Mark Rypien at quarterback.

everyone said the Redskins were going to decline. instead they kept rolling along with 10 win seasons.

anyone remember the poll of media at SB XXII? how many of those at the game thought Doug Williams had a chance to outshine John Elway on the field?

good coaches get players to produce. and often a number of those players are rejects from other teams that didn't know how to use them properly or thought they were risks because of off the field or other problems.

as far as the Giants and Eagles go, the Redskins were able to be VERY competitive with them last year and there is a case to be made that the Skins had a far more productive offseason in terms of adding talent than either of those squads :)

Is this guy serious??

The defense is going to tire from all the exposure they're getting?? What the hoho does that mean? So Lavar and Champ and Smoot and Trotter and Big D and Armstead are going to wear down b/c the press keeps talking about them, am I understanding this correctly?

GOOD GOD!!! To think of all the retards and fat heads that get paid good money to call themselves professional sports writers. IT MAKES ME SO MAD!!!:cuss:

Archived