Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tough upcoming schedule

canesluver

I think we might have the toughest schedule for the rest of the year in our division. The games are:

Philadelphia

at Tampa Bay

Oakland

San diego

at St. Louis

at Arizona

Dallas

NY Giants

at Philadelphia.

I would think with this schedule, we will end up 9-7. We've got a lot of mounting injuries. Do you think that 9-7 will get us in the playoffs? What record do you think we will have at years end? There are nine teams currently with a 4-3 record or better. :cheers:

An intersting thing about that schedule:

Two of the easiest games (judging by records) are San Deigo and Oakland. BUT, they won't be easy for the 'skins because they are against coaches who want to beat us badly:

Marty and Norv are coming up.

Oh, and, division games are of vital importance here. The NFC East is tough. We stand at 1-1; 50 % won't cut it though. Here's to redemption this Sunday vs Philly!

you look outside the NFCE games, stl and arizona should be wins. Then you have oakland who isnt playing up to the talent they have, Then tampa bay who lost to san fran(which shows you that if you do not prepare before games or if you come out flat... you wont win). San diego is the toughtest test and if our running D isnt improved then that wont even be a game.

An intersting thing about that schedule:

Two of the easiest games (judging by records) are San Deigo and Oakland. BUT, they won't be easy for the 'skins because they are against coaches who want to beat us badly:

Marty and Norv are coming up.

Oh, and, division games are of vital importance here. The NFC East is tough. We stand at 1-1; 50 % won't cut it though. Here's to redemption this Sunday vs Philly!

Philly game this week is key. If we lose, it might be tough to make the playoffs this year with our remaining schedule. Still, anything can happen on any given Sunday in todays NFL.

10-6 seems likely!

Philadelphia- W- My guts tells me, this will be the best time to actually beat the Eagles

at Tampa Bay- W- We should win this one

Oakland- W- Gibbs vs. Norv, I'll take Gibbs

San diego-L- Marty wins a squeaker

at St. Louis-W- We ain't losing this one

at Arizona-W- We ain't losing this one either

Dallas- L- Parcells wins rematch

NY Giants- W- We get revenge, plus the Giants probably won't need this one

at Philadelphia.- L- Eagles beat us, just for pride

10-6 gets us in. 9-7 won't.

My gut tells me:

Seatle wins the NFC West

Chicago wins the NFC North- possiblely with a losing record

Atlanta wins the NFC South

NY wins the NFC East

The rest of the East and Carolina fights for 2 wild card spots. Tampa will fade.

10-6 seems likely!

Philadelphia- W- My guts tells me, this will be the best time to actually beat the Eagles

at Tampa Bay- W- We should win this one

Oakland- W- Gibbs vs. Norv, I'll take Gibbs

San diego-L- Marty wins a squeaker

at St. Louis-W- We ain't losing this one

at Arizona-W- We ain't losing this one either

Dallas- L- Parcells wins rematch

NY Giants- W- We get revenge, plus the Giants probably won't need this one

at Philadelphia.- L- Eagles beat us, just for pride

10-6 gets us in. 9-7 won't.

My gut tells me:

Seatle wins the NFC West

Chicago wins the NFC North- possiblely with a losing record

Atlanta wins the NFC South

NY wins the NFC East

The rest of the East and Carolina fights for 2 wild card spots. Tampa will fade.

Nice picks. I hope that's the way it pans out. The only thing I noticed was you have us going 3-1 on the road, when as of now we are 1-3 on the road. I sure hope we can reverse that trend.

9-7 gets the Skins in *if* they are atleast 2nd in the NFC East. If they are 9-7, but 3rd? No way. That means an 11-5 team wins the East. A 10-6 team gets the wildcard, leaving the Skins at 3rd. The 2 wildcards will come from the NFC East and South. I'm guesstimating the top 2 South teams will be 10-6 or better. Same with the NFC East.

All the games are winnable except the At Philly game (unless they are resting their players at the end of the year for the playoffs).

There are no At Indy or At NE or At Pitt games (otherwise known as unwinnable essentially)....but it depends which Redskins team shows up the 0-36 Redskins or the team that had the #2 ranked O and highly ranked D.

It is looking that way, 10-6 might be needed. Do you realistically think we can end at 10-6 with that schedule upcoming

yes, we have 4 more games that we SHOULD win (not gimmes)...Tampa (w/o grieses), oakland (at home), st louis (tough, but we should win), and arizona. that would put us at 8 wins if we do all of that, leaving us with san diego at home as well as dallas and the giants at home. if we cna beat philly and take one of those 3 that i just mentioned plus the 4 we should..that gives us 10 right there. i think its very do-able, so long as we bounce back and start playing like we can.

Archived