Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things that make you go, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

CHUBAKAH

No one on the team was excited about anything yesterday. Through the first 6 games we had guys pumped on both sides of the ball, and we saw it. Non existent…

No one expected Denver to knock off the Eagles yesterday [well maybe Chris Carter] and the Eagles have been the “Team to beat in the east” the last several years.

The loss of the Giants owner this weekend is/was huge. The win for the Giants fans I am sure left a great feeling in them. How would they have felt losing after what they had already lost this week. [i know how I felt about losing Jack Kent Cooke] We as fans have felt the loss for years, and watched our team struggle with the new ownership since it was purchased.

Did we as a team take a week off to prepare for the Eagles, and just not put a whole lot of effort into the Giants game out of respect for the organization?

Hmmmmm?

No one on the team was excited about anything yesterday. Through the first 6 games we had guys pumped on both sides of the ball, and we saw it. Non existent…

No one expected Denver to knock off the Eagles yesterday [well maybe Chris Carter] and the Eagles have been the “Team to beat in the east” the last several years.

The loss of the Giants owner this weekend is/was huge. The win for the Giants fans I am sure left a great feeling in them. How would they have felt losing after what they had already lost this week. [i know how I felt about losing Jack Kent Cooke] We as fans have felt the loss for years, and watched our team struggle with the new ownership since it was purchased.

Did we as a team take a week off to prepare for the Eagles, and just not put a whole lot of effort into the Giants game out of respect for the organization?

Hmmmmm?

Nope...I think you've got it wrong...Gibbs and Williams don't take a week off...

Actually, I think the psychological/motivational/focus problem might be that Gibbs worked so hard to keep everyone from letting up against SF that the players just heard yadayadayada when the staff was trying to get them perked up for the Giants. I'm certain Gibbs et al stayed focused, but I think the players let it go in one ear and out the other, and were simply as overconfident as we were when it came to facing a team with such a statistically weak defense. Perhaps if the staff hadn't gotten people as pumped up against SF the players might've maintained a better degree of intensity yesterday, but let's not forget a pathetic Cowboys team that once got their only victory of the year against a Skins team far better than the one we have now.

Maybe, maybe not.

Hmmmm

I feel where you're coming from. I do...

How can this team drop the identity it has had for the past 2 years overnight? A never give up, tough, always in the game team.

And yesterday it wasn't there. Not even close. It was like they didn't care... they got slapped in the face, and they took it lying down.

"There has to be an explanation!" Yah... went thru my head too.

I think it was a combination of things, but I don't agree that Gibbs' didn't prepare for this game, etc. I think it was just too much for us to overcome, and the entire team had an off day. It happens...

Good teams lose... I remember the Eagles getting OWNED last year in Pittsburgh. A severe beating in a tough venue. Come to think of it, I remember the Patriots getting b!tch slapped in Pittsburgh last year too.

Philly AND the Patriots getting stomped on in Pittsburgh last year.... only to meet each other later in the Superbowl while the Steelers watched the game on TV.

There's a lot of football left to be played...

Actually, I think the psychological/motivational/focus problem might be that Gibbs worked so hard to keep everyone from letting up against SF that the players just heard yadayadayada when the staff was trying to get them perked up for the Giants. I'm certain Gibbs et al stayed focused, but I think the players let it go in one ear and out the other, and were simply as overconfident as we were when it came to facing a team with such a statistically weak defense. Perhaps if the staff hadn't gotten people as pumped up against SF the players might've maintained a better degree of intensity yesterday, but let's not forget a pathetic Cowboys team that once got their only victory of the year against a Skins team far better than the one we have now.

Bingo!!!

I respect you're thought in the matter, but I totally disagree with you. They were as prepared as they could have been given the injuries and partial team practices. We'll be ready for the Eagles(w/ or w/o injuries).

i sure hope/think so man...i think we'll be ready and play with a ton of heart.

Man, this team did not overlook the Giants. They just got flat out whooped yesterday, and it's their own fault. Not to take away from the Giants effort, but the Redskins did not have their heads in the game at all yesterday. I am still baffled as to what the problem was. I think maybe they just got psyched out because the Giants broke off some plays and scores early on.

I will go on record as saying there is NO WAY the Giants beat us like that again on December 24th. NO WAY.

I hate it when your right. Wait a minute. I don't even know you. But I hate it anyway. Just like the fans, facing a weak Giants D, it seams as if the players thought they had this one in the bag as well. But it was that weak Giants D that spanked us. Heck, it was the entire Giants team that spanked us. We looked like a peewee football team out there yesterday. :doh:

Archived