Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where did our deep ball go?

LiveStrongSkins

I wonder why we didnt even try to hit moss or patten deep. It looked like after we got pressured a few times, we completely went away from what has been getting us victories. I understand Moss was doubled... but that means Patten wasnt... why didnt we try to get him one on one deep against the Giants? Also, if anyone knows... whats the injury status on Portis, Samuels, and Cooley?

I wonder why we didnt even try to hit moss or patten deep. It looked like after we got pressured a few times, we completely went away from what has been getting us victories. I understand Moss was doubled... but that means Patten wasnt... why didnt we try to get him one on one deep against the Giants? Also, if anyone knows... whats the injury status on Portis, Samuels, and Cooley?

Thats true, its weird, really, was there one attempt to go deep?

Anyone at the game get a look at The Giants secondary and coverage?

yes, was there. It was fairly solid. But, there were many times each receiver was open that they never got a look. Bottom line is that every time Santana bombs it down the field, no one is able to keep up. All brunell had to do was put it there, that happened probably 3 times. Everybody played badly but to give you an image, he looked exactly like he did last year, flustered in the pocket and afraid to throw deep. As long as the line holds next week, I'm figuring the improved brunell will be back.

I'm afraid thats on Gibbs. Did you notice there were also no ROLLOUTS.

Gibbs can call as many deep balls as he wants. It was his call to not call any.

Gibbs could roll out Brunell. Gibbs chose to NOT rollout. It was almost as though Gibbs wanted to lose this game. He did nothing to alter the game plan and played very vanilla football. Its truly disturbing what might have been going through Gibbs mind.

Gibbs could roll out Brunell. Gibbs chose to NOT rollout. It was almost as though Gibbs wanted to lose this game. He did nothing to alter the game plan and plaid very vanilla football. Its truly disturbing what might have been going through Gibbs mind.

:laugh: :laugh:

this is getting comical now... seriously.

Gibbs could roll out Brunell. Gibbs chose to NOT rollout. It was almost as though Gibbs wanted to lose this game. He did nothing to alter the game plan and plaid very vanilla football. Its truly disturbing what might have been going through Gibbs mind.

There were plenty of roll outs.

Once again, a trollish post.

Are you a Philly fan or a pukes fan? Just curious.

I was at the game yesterday. That was on Brunell and I'm on the Brunell bandwagon. three separate times he missed Santana deep. Brunell's sacks were on plays that he had at least 5-7 secs. to find someone in the flat. The period of the game they seemed most hapless was when Cooley was out, but other than that, Brunell didn't seem to be finding guys that I thought we open. The safeties were coming up to watch the middle...but I guess Brunell had already keyed away from them.

There were a few times when the FS had moved to the line of scrimmage and the SS actually rotated away from Santana.

Clinton didn't even get a chance to get going. I swear to god I will never understand yesterday's game. Everytime we got something going, there was some mitigating circumstance. Holds, hands to the face, encroachment, and illegal formation were the calls I remember that killed either Redskins drives, or on a few occasions, Redskins stops.

Absolute disaster of a game.

I will say that after the second Brunell sack, his arm seemed to go dead for a little bit. He short hopped two passes to the outside (one to Santana, one to Thrash, I think) and I think the INT to Pierce was another indication -- Patten was starting to run free behind him, but Brunell's trajectory was too low.

Our line was trying the new swinging gate blocking technique, which unfortunately did not give Brunell any time to throw it farther than 5 yard routes. Our line was pitiful. And when we sat back in max protect, they would just blitz and Portis whiffed on a couple blocks, once again giving Brunell little time. Of course, if our receivers actually caught the balls that were thrown at them, things would've opened up a little bit. Patten's drop on 3rd and 14 was just inexcusable to happen when it did. He should've been benched for that with the way things were going, the guy is not Jerry Porter or Reggie Wayne. At least Jacobs actually caught a ball that was thrown at him when he finally got in.

Archived