Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An actual football question

LD0506

...and before anyone gives me grief for this I did search before starting this thread.

I don't think I saw Brunell rollout once yesterday. He's been doing that like a madman for weeks, moving the pocket and buying time, where did that go? I know the Giants were getting pressure but isn't that why you'd want to do it? Roll away from Strahan, give the WRs a chance to separate, etc. I'm rewatching it now and he keeps dropping straight back and waiting for the rush to bury him. Any thoughts? :eaglesuck

In order for the rollout to be effective, the O-line has to be able to dictate the way the D-line attacks. This did not happen yesterday. We did not get a chance to even run our gameplan yesterday because the O sucked so bad. You cannot win games going 3 and out every time. :logo: :logo:

We don't like to roll Brunell out to his right side, he doesn't throw that well across his body(most Qbs don't) and the Osi Umenyiora was treating Chris Samuels like his biatch!!!! He was getting too far into the backfield on every snap...I think that scared the coaches a bit from rolling Brunell out fearing he would run smack into the guy forcing some sort of bizarre turnover only the Redskins could commit!

Archived