Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tiki Post Game Presser & Random Thoughts

zoony

Well Happy Halloween everyone... read thru 8 pages of Thread titles this morning and didn't see this posted.

I was watching the NFL Network after the game last night, and they had Tiki's press conference. Here is a little of what he said:

-Antonio provided the offense invaluable information about how Greg Williams gets his units ready to play. GW spends all week teaching his guys on how to shut down the opposing teams 5 favorite plays.

-Therefore, says Tiki, the Giants lined up several times at the line of scrimmage and ran the exact oppositte play that they normally would out of a given formation... in his words, iirc, "We definitely made an effort to stay away from our tendancies"

-Also, during the week of film study, the Giants (according to Tiki) "saw something in the film of the Redskins D that made them think they could have a lot of success running the ball". Apparently it worked.

Some random thoughts:

-The score of this game was misleading. The score should have been 56-0.

-Antonio Pierce, please shut your mouth. You are NOT a great linebacker, and you never will be. So seriously, shut it. We all appreciated the way you played the game here in Washington, and the admirable job you did stepping in for Mike Barrow. You embraced GW's scheme and you were a solid contributor. Please, please, please NEVER confuse that with you being an all-world LB and worth what you got paid. I personally was kind of happy for you when you left, because I knew that you were getting paid based on what you did for 1 year in a nifty scheme. However, your trash talking this week has shown you to be nothing but a no-class jackass. You were not 'disrespected.' Nobody has it out for you. You are NOT a true Redskin. Joe was 100% correct in his assessment of your character. Karma is a *****, so enjoy the rest of your season/career.

-If Spurrier was our coach, I'd say we were done for the season. The team has quit, and no way we bounce back. With Gibbs, that is simply not the case. Not only will we beat the Eagles at home on Sunday, we will kick the #### out of the Giants on Christmas eve. Write it down, it's a lock.

-The score of this game was misleading. The score should have been 56-0.

That's spot on. Had Eli been playing well, or even slightly better, this would have been a massacre. I give some credit to our D for not continually yeilding touchdowns given how great the G-men's field position was after nearly every punt and/or turnover.

Antonio Pierce, please shut your mouth. You are NOT a great linebacker, and you never will be. So seriously, shut it. We all appreciated the way you played the game here in Washington, and the admirable job you did stepping in for Mike Barrow. You embraced GW's scheme and you were a solid contributor. Please, please, please NEVER confuse that with you being an all-world LB and worth what you got paid. However, your trash talking this week has shown you to be nothing but a no-class jackass. You were not 'disrespected.' Nobody has it out for you. You are NOT a true Redskin. Joe was 100% correct in his assessment of your character. Karma is a *****, so enjoy the rest of your season/career.

Aside from your position that you were happy to see AP go, I agree with you on all counts. He was the catalyst though yesterday, both in terms of preparing the offense and defense as well as riling up the crowd on nearly every play he was in.

Aside from your position that you were happy to see AP go, I agree with you on all counts. He was the catalyst though yesterday, both in terms of preparing the offense and defense as well as riling up the crowd on nearly every play he was in.

Sol that sig is not becoming. :mad:

While I was watching the game yesterday I thought about all you guys at the stadium... they actually showed two 'Skins fans on TV in the 4th quarter. Man that had to be painful. :doh:

Back on topic... I kind of mis-spoke, I wasn't happy necessarily to see AP go, but I was kind of happy that someone who had ridden the bench for 3 years, done what the coaching staff asked (consistently, without question), stepped in and played well.... I was happy that he got a piece of the NFL pie.

But after this week... not happy for him anymore... I dunno I guess I expected a lot more out of him, I thought he was a stand up guy.

Even if the Giants had "inside" info on the Skins O and D from Pierce and Hasselbeck, that doesn't excuse the Skins poor play. They missed tackles and blew assignments on D, and dropped passes and turned it over on O. Knowing the schemes or even knowing the play that is called can't explain that.

And Pierce IS a good LB. I'm as die-hard a Skins fan as they come, but I am also a football fan, and Pierce is a great MLB and calls a great game on the D side of the ball. Like you said, all he did is exactly what the coaches asked him to do, and finally he got an opportunity to start because GW comes in and isn't impressed by big names. Pierce got his chance and seized it. And as a result, Gibbs called him a Redskin type of player. It wasn't Gibbs or GW that let him get away, it was your boy Vinny, it was a business decision, but lets not take away from the man. If I'm not mistaken, he leads the Giants in tackles as he did last year for us. And as far as his quotes about the skins, how can you blame him? Did you hear his interview on the John Thompson show? What he had to say made alot of sense to me, and I dont think he was classless at all.

This loss sucks big time, we stunk it up in the biggest game of this young season, but if we need to be disgusted with anyone, it should be with the Skins...

Even if the Giants had "inside" info on the Skins O and D from Pierce and Hasselbeck, that doesn't excuse the Skins poor play. They missed tackles and blew assignments on D, and dropped passes and turned it over on O. Knowing the schemes or even knowing the play that is called can't explain that.

Absolutely. The 'Skins sucked today... they brought sucking to new levels of suckiness. Absolutely pathetic.

What he had to say made alot of sense to me, and I dont think he was classless at all.

Well we'll have to disagree. First of all, the starting middle linebacker will almost always lead a team in tackles. IIRC, Trotter was our leading tackler while he was here, but that didn't make him a good linebacker. Not even close.

As for AP's comments... a simple "I appreciate the opportunity I had in DC, and it's too bad that things didn't work out. I am happy to be a part of the Giants organization. It will be fun to play against my old team."

There. That is what is known as class. Read Brandon Noble's comments when he came over to the Redskins from the Cowboys. That is class. 100%. If you want to see the oppositte of class, read AP's remarks. The guy is a POS, sorry.

"I'm so disrespected. I was so humiliated. I thought I was a core Redskin. I'm glad I'm a Giant now and finally with a classy organization who values me. Whine, b!tch, moan. blah blah blah."

:violin: :cry:

Sorry awd sr, not feeling you on that one. At all. :)

This loss sucks big time, we stunk it up in the biggest game of this young season, but if we need to be disgusted with anyone, it should be with the Skins...

I agree 100%. There were NO positives to take away from this game. None.

Looks like Pierce made the right choice. He left a team with virtually no future for a team with an excellent one and still got paid

And by the way, for all those on here who bash the Giants defense and hail Greg Williams as the defensive genius of the millenium, the Giants have given up fewer points this season then Wahsington, which in the end, is all that matters. You can keep your yardage stat. I'll keep my pressure defense that forces turnovers and gives up fewer points on the scoreboard

I'm not basing my assessment on tackles alone, AP was the QB on the D last year. He lined folks up and got them in position to make plays. How many 50 yard runs did we give up last year? I know all of that isn't attributed to Pierce, but he did make the adjustments and calls after reading the O formation.

I do agree that I don't see what talking bad about one organization will benefit you, but on that interview on the Thompson show, he basically answered the questions they asked, and he coulda been harsher.

I hope the Skins take this defeat and keep that nasty taste, and take that into next weeks game with huge chips on every shoulder. Philly took one as well, so they are gonna be ready to right their wrongs too. I hope this week goes by quick... ;)

Looks like Pierce made the right choice. He left a team with virtually no future for a team with an excellent one and still got paid

And by the way, for all those on here who bash the Giants defense and hail Greg Williams as the defensive genius of the millenium, the Giants have given up fewer points this season then Wahsington, which in the end, is all that matters. You can keep your yardage stat. I'll keep my pressure defense that forces turnovers and gives up fewer points on the scoreboard

Allright, who left the toilet lid up?

36-0 is like death on a stick. The entire football team should be ashamed. They did not come to compete at playoff intensity football. That was required and the coaches and players should have done that. We were an embarassment just when the national media was revving up the redskins accolades. Trick no treat. Happy Halloween.

lol, you know how that one turd comes back up after the flush

Just like we blew up the 9ers last week, and the Giants had their day, they will settle down and come back to earth real soon.

95% of the world would rather have the Skins D over the Giants, hands down, we shall see when its all said and done.

Good points.

Eli didn't look too great and we still struggled to slow them down. Our D showed some guts by limiting them to field goals. But you could tell, with every punt or TO that the roof was about to collapse.

If we could have mounted any type of drive in the first 20 minutes, when it was somehow still a one or two possession game, we may have made a more competitive game out of it.

Are you in charge of a future making machine? Because it seems to me like the 'Skins are still playing next week.

The Giants D was decent, but the 'Skins O made lots of unforced errors. And how crappy was Eli yesterday.

Oh, and it's "Washington."

Eli The Future, I know you are enjoying today, as yesterday was a dream come true for you. I would too in your place, and I don't deny that the Giants earned that win big time. But your comment about AP making the right choice in going to a team with a future, as opposed to a team without one is just plain ridiculous. It also shows your limited knowledge of pro-football and it's history. I am old enough to remember when the Eagles under Buddy Ryan talked a lot of trash after the infamous "body bag" game on a Monday night. Enjoy this now just like the Eagles enjoyed that game's aftermath. Joe Gibbs didn't just fall into the Hall of Fame off a turnip truck, and he and his staff will file this one away just as he has before, in a special place. Before long, like maybe on Christmas Eve, you'll see what happens when he and his team is embarrassed like it was yesterday. The Redskins won't talk much until they take the field that day, and they won't make excuses. We'll see what happens then, we'll find out if the Giants are that good and the Redskins that bad. Just don't be surprised to find out that, much like the Eagles realized, after a 20-7 playoff loss to those same Joe Gibb's coached Redskins they had so badly manhandled earlier, today is sometimes just a reflection of today, not an indication of what's to come.

Having watched all the Giants games this year, I noticed their defense was playiing weird. They were playing waaaaay too far off the receivers resulting in allowing 3rd down conversions and open targets for any QB who decided to throw short passes. In Sunday's excellent defensive showing, the Giants played more man coverage and when they did play zone, they played a lot tighter. AP got them fired up an Alexander stressed aggressivness.

It really paid off. You can't go too far in the NFL with a crappy D. I agree though with the "Eli" poster who noted that yardage allowed is not as important as points allowed.

Eli The Future, I know you are enjoying today, as yesterday was a dream come true for you. I would too in your place, and I don't deny that the Giants earned that win big time. But your comment about AP making the right choice in going to a team with a future, as opposed to a team without one is just plain ridiculous. It also shows your limited knowledge of pro-football and it's history. I am old enough to remember when the Eagles under Buddy Ryan talked a lot of trash after the infamous "body bag" game on a Monday night. Enjoy this now just like the Eagles enjoyed that game's aftermath. Joe Gibbs didn't just fall into the Hall of Fame off a turnip truck, and he and his staff will file this one away just as he has before, in a special place. Before long, like maybe on Christmas Eve, you'll see what happens when he and his team is embarrassed like it was yesterday. The Redskins won't talk much until they take the field that day, and they won't make excuses. We'll see what happens then, we'll find out if the Giants are that good and the Redskins that bad. Just don't be surprised to find out that, much like the Eagles realized, after a 20-7 playoff loss to those same Joe Gibb's coached Redskins they had so badly manhandled earlier, today is sometimes just a reflection of today, not an indication of what's to come.

OldSchoolGibbs, you are clueless

The Giants have one of the youngest teams in the league, a franchise QB in the making, and 18 of the 22 starters who dominated you yesterday are under the age of 30. The Giants have the 2nd youngest starting unit in the NFL, and only figure to get better as time goes on.

The Redskins are by and large an old football team at many key positions, and if you ever watched a second of college football you wouldnt be touting Jason Campbell as some stud. Your future can't even approach ours, and the fact that I even have to adress this with you shows you aren't paying attention. You will go 7-9 this season and still not have a first round pick to show for it

Now go dress up as a pig in womens clothing.

Eli, I'm not clueless, and I'll bet I've watched a lot more football than you have. Let's clarify a few things. I never mentioned Jason Campbell, and my attitude on him is "let's wait and see what he's got". I also never said that the Giants didn't have a future, just that you are reading way too much into this one win. Also, since you appear to be more clueless than you accused me of being, I should point out that in this day and age a pro-football team can be built in more than one way. Through the draft, or through a free agency/draft combination, yet since you're such an expert you already knew that. I'm sure you're also aware that free agency presents immense problems with keeping a team intact for extended periods of time, wether it be the Giants or the Redskins (witness Antonio Pierce). I happen to believe that both teams will do a reasonable job under their respective head coaches in keeping a core intact. A young Manning does make the job easier for you, but I've seen Gibbs coached teams with average QB's winning Superbowls while the likes of Marino and Kelley never reached that milestone (not that it was necessarily their fault). But with your years of experience you already knew that too. Actually I was surprised and impressed with the Giants yesterday, as much as I was dissappointed with my own team's effort. Unlike you, however, it was not the fall of one franchise into the abyss and the ascendancy like a Phoenix of another in my opinion. Just one team doing everything right catching the other doing everything wrong. I'll remember you said 7-9, and I'll be here at the end of the year to see the result of that prediction if you want to check back, however it turns out. By the way, I won't end my post with an insulting comment, but if that's you're style, have at it.

As a Giants fan I may be biased but I like our chances very much right now.

You should... you kicked our teeth in.

The only thing I would say, however, is that NFC East teams were 13-1 at home going into that game.

See you in DC on Christmas Eve ;)

Eli, I'm not clueless, and I'll bet I've watched a lot more football than you have. Let's clarify a few things. I never mentioned Jason Campbell, and my attitude on him is "let's wait and see what he's got". I also never said that the Giants didn't have a future, just that you are reading way too much into this one win. Also, since you appear to be more clueless than you accused me of being, I should point out that in this day and age a pro-football team can be built in more than one way. Through the draft, or through a free agency/draft combination, yet since you're such an expert you already knew that. I'm sure you're also aware that free agency presents immense problems with keeping a team intact for extended periods of time, wether it be the Giants or the Redskins (witness Antonio Pierce). I happen to believe that both teams will do a reasonable job under their respective head coaches in keeping a core intact. A young Manning does make the job easier for you, but I've seen Gibbs coached teams with average QB's winning Superbowls while the likes of Marino and Kelley never reached that milestone (not that it was necessarily their fault). But with your years of experience you already knew that too. Actually I was surprised and impressed with the Giants yesterday, as much as I was dissappointed with my own team's effort. Unlike you, however, it was not the fall of one franchise into the abyss and the ascendancy like a Phoenix of another in my opinion. Just one team doing everything right catching the other doing everything wrong. I'll remember you said 7-9, and I'll be here at the end of the year to see the result of that prediction if you want to check back, however it turns out. By the way, I won't end my post with an insulting comment, but if that's you're style, have at it.

Good post... but no doubt it will be lost on the audience it was intended to reach. ;)

And a little off topic... Jason Campbell was THE MAN at Auburn. Anyone who would EVER argue otherwise does not watch SEC football. For little eli to say otherwise is very telling.

:applause: very nice, classy retort, oldschool...your posts, though few in number, were well thought out and insightful...and hardly deserving of the flames from the gnats troll.....as for "the little eli", you're the epitome of a sore winner. grow up.

Archived