Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Overreaction Board aka ExtremeSkins.com

diego1115

i mean c'mon guys.....we lost...got our osses handed to us on a silver platter

but this is the 1st game in the 2nd Joe Gibbs era that we have been outplayed like this...haven't come to play, etc....

the way we have improved from last season, this team and this staff DESERVES the benefit of the doubt....i KNOW as fans you guys arent quitting on this season are you??? its one loss.....in October

now...if we bring this sort of EFFORT next week vs Philly on National TV...there will be reason for alarm...but for now.....lets just chalk it up as a loss (albeit a bad one) and move on..... :eaglesuck

Im not over-reacting..games like these happen every now and then. Hell, the Iggles had 49 dumped on them and the bucs lost to the 9'ers...Gibbs will probably take the game tape and burn it in the lockeroom today infront of all the players.

... all that melting plastic might smell even worse than the effort they put up yesterday.

Im not over-reacting..games like these happen every now and then. Hell, the Iggles had 49 dumped on them and the bucs lost to the 9'ers...Gibbs will probably take the game tape and burn it in the lockeroom today infront of all the players.

Not a bad idea! However, most of the skins fans are like the media. People saying look out we are back, skins to superbowl, I can easily see us with 11 wins, and no reason why we cant beat anyone in NFC are now saying its over. One darn game. It happens. The media does the same thing. We were talked great about all week, now we are just the overrated skins. Kills me. Example: When I was younger my first year of little league we were in last place. We won one game all year. We beat the first place team with a 3 run homerun by a 10 year old! Kid probably never hit another one in his life. The team we beat won state that year. We sucked. But it was our day. These things happen all the time. Would Buster Douglas have EVER knocked out mike tyson again in his prime? NO! Was a fluke and his day. Look at the game farve had when his father died. He was playin on pure heart and emotion, same thing here. Lets suck it up and beat up on philly.

THe O looked alot like they did a year ago, during the 2nd Gibbs era. This L is a slap in the face, reality check, hopefully they can use this as motivation not to get pimped on the field ever again. Look put Philly, Gibbs is gonna have the Skins ready for the next game, count on that.

There are three types of fans, optomists, pesimists, and realists. Maybe it is time to look at the whole body of work.

Points given up:

Gets worse every game

Points scored

Our offense is not picking up the slack for our defensive bleeding. With injuries mounting and more film out there on how to beat us we are in real trouble. This teams success will be measured on making the playoffs. Right now with the way the rest of the NFC is looking we are going to be on the outside looking in. Our schedule gets a lot tougher in the coming weeks. We needed this game plain and simple. More than we let on. We stunk it up and teams are going to look to jump on us. This is a season killer.

This is a season killer.

Naah. Considering how both the Eagles and the Bucs played yesterday, the opportunity is still there for us. We can still come out of this at 6-3 and decent shape.

Losing next week could be painful, but I don't think it will happen. There is too much pride to let what happened yesterday happen again.

Jason

but this is the 1st game in the 2nd Joe Gibbs era that we have been outplayed like this...haven't come to play, etc....

the way we have improved from last season, this team and this staff DESERVES the benefit of the doubt....i KNOW as fans you guys arent quitting on this season are you??? its one loss.....in October

now...if we bring this sort of EFFORT next week vs Philly on National TV...there will be reason for alarm...but for now.....lets just chalk it up as a loss (albeit a bad one) and move on..... :eaglesuck

i no great point

we have to move on and play philly with heart

oh btw, i love your sig :dallasuck

Correctimuendo comrad!!!

Personally, I've been rooting for this team for goin on 30 years, there aint no jumping off to anywhere. Hell, I survived Norv, I can take anything BUT this is not just easily overlooked and forgotten. There's a difference between the Broncos spanking Philly's ass and the Giants tearing ours off, wearing them as hats and doing a silly dance. Is the season over? Hell no, screw the pessimists, there is a lot more ball to be played but we are going to find out something fundamental about this team in the next two weeks. How they, and I mean the whole group, players, coaches, etc, handle this and what they make of it will define this season and probably the next two.

Naah. Considering how both the Eagles and the Bucs played yesterday, the opportunity is still there for us. We can still come out of this at 6-3 and decent shape.

Losing next week could be painful, but I don't think it will happen. There is too much pride to let what happened yesterday happen again.

Jason

But look at how the Giants and Cowboys played yesterday. I don't think third in the division will be good enough for the playoffs and those two teams just keep playing better. And third would be assuming we place over the eagles.

Now NY and Dallas might falter, but looking at Coughlin and Parcells, both of those guys teams usually play better in the second half of the season, so realistically we have to assume they'll continue as least the way they've been going. Philly may or may not recover.

We'll have to play good football to keep pace with NY and Dallas, and in case you haven't noticed, we've lost 3 of our last 4 games, with the one win being against San Fran.

The season isn't over, but I'm verry worried about our prospects for this season.

This IS the overreaction board. Every time we lose a game there's always some 'tard with the "PORTIS IS OVERRATED" or "GETTING PORTIS WAS A MISTAKE" and just stupid things like that.

Trust me, if the 'Skins finish around 10-6 and make the playoffs, you'll forget this game ever happened. Winning cures all, not to mention it also fends off retarded flamers for a while.

But look at how the Giants and Cowboys played yesterday. I don't think third in the division will be good enough for the playoffs and those two teams just keep playing better. And third would be assuming we place over the eagles.

Now NY and Dallas might falter, but looking at Coughlin and Parcells, both of those guys teams usually play better in the second half of the season, so realistically we have to assume they'll continue as least the way they've been going. Philly may or may not recover.

We'll have to play good football to keep pace with NY and Dallas, and in case you haven't noticed, we've lost 3 of our last 4 games, with the one win being against San Fran.

The season isn't over, but I'm verry worried about our prospects for this season.

Finally, someone that realizes that we are in a playoff race and a loss like that severly hurts your chances, especially when you don't even show up to play. Everyone keeps saying that it is only one game, but you said the same thing in the other two losses, so that makes it "only three games" and the tally keeps going up.

The fact remains this was a huge game for the Skins, division game, fighting for the lead in division, could have playoff implications, and they are not competitive. From my point of view this is very troublesome.

I totally agree. I don't know if it's possible to OVERreact after a game like yesterday.

Finally, someone that realizes that we are in a playoff race and a loss like that severly hurts your chances, especially when you don't even show up to play. Everyone keeps saying that it is only one game, but you said the same thing in the other two losses, so that makes it "only three games" and the tally keeps going up.

It hurts, but I don't think it "severely" hurts our chances. Remember, we still have all three of our home division games comming up. We have played much better at home, which makes next week's game against a weakened Eagles team a prime place for a thrashing.

We are a better team than this, and the guys on the team know that. I believe this will be a wake up call. I don't think Gibbs will allow it to be otherwise.

Jason

Did the person who posted this thread realize how much was on the line Sunday?? Does he realize how much confidence this gives opposing teams preparing to play the skins? You can forget a loss in a close game, but this game showed every vulnerable point on this team. Head coaches will take this Sundays film and show his players how to beat us. To give up several runs for 50+ yards in several games is not a blue moon, it is repeating itself over and over. The overhyped defense demonstrated its weaknesses, and has finally caught up to us. I agree this team has improved, but far from being a playoff team unless changes are made, and now. Both offensive and defensive lines were just crushed by NY. With the Eagles struggling, we could have put some space in the division, and we are now tied in last space. It always starts with good line play, giving the qb time to pass, and lanes for runners to run in. Ladell Betts fumbling the kick off was just a joke. How did he fumble anyway? With the chance to get back in the game, he ended any hope with that fumble. They better strap it on next Sunday, because the Eagles will be looking to get back in the race. If they don't the season will be over, that's how important the game was.

Archived