Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Betts Got Paid!

Mattskins83

Someone got rich off of this game, and I'm thinking his name starts with Lidell and ends with Betts. Have you ever seen such aweful, uh, everything? He couldnt block for Brunell, which he is usually decent. Not to mention I honestly think that he caught 2 clean kickoff returns, and did his usual run into the pile routine. On one of those clean returns, he fumbled to put the final nail the coffin. I think Gibbs needs to release Betts as a statement to the rest of the players. Play up to the standards of the organization, or your @ss is toast. Actually, I thought he shouldve been gone last year after he pulled the bullfighter move on Ed Reed against the Ravens on Sunday Night (Brunell fumbled and Reed picked it up for the game winning TD). I'm sure some people are going to say thats a little harsh, saying that he's a key offensive threat and blah blah blah. The fact is, I can deal with a bad play, two, maybe 3...but his play was consistantly aweful throughout the entire game. And if you look at that fumble, the man was barely touched, leaving me to believe that he made a bit more then his game check for the week. But, I must give credit where credit is due, the Giants destroyed us in every facit of the game...but I think It'll be a bit different at FedEx. Maybe the Wellington curse will subside by then. :2cents:

Someone got rich off of this game, and I'm thinking his name starts with Lidell and ends with Betts. Have you ever seen such aweful, uh, everything? He couldnt block for Brunell, which he is usually decent. Not to mention I honestly think that he caught 2 clean kickoff returns, and did his usual run into the pile routine. On one of those clean returns, he fumbled to put the final nail the coffin. I think Gibbs needs to release Betts as a statement to the rest of the players. Play up to the standards of the organization, or your @ss is toast. Actually, I thought he shouldve been gone last year after he pulled the bullfighter move on Ed Reed against the Ravens on Sunday Night (Brunell fumbled and Reed picked it up for the game winning TD). I'm sure some people are going to say thats a little harsh, saying that he's a key offensive threat and blah blah blah. The fact is, I can deal with a bad play, two, maybe 3...but his play was consistantly aweful throughout the entire game. And if you look at that fumble, the man was barely touched, leaving me to believe that he made a bit more then his game check for the week. But, I must give credit where credit is due, the Giants destroyed us in every facit of the game...but I think It'll be a bit different at FedEx. Maybe the Wellington curse will subside by then. :2cents:
Well, one of the reasons that no one is going to take you seriously on this matter is the simple fact that you are not even able to spell the mans name correctly. If you are going to bash him, at least spell his name right...it's Ladell.

Betts is a decent backup if your main guy is hurt. He is also not a return man.

Using him as a return man is absolutely stupid. Not unwise or unclear...its stupid. Joe Gibbs is doing something stupid. Betts is no threat to take it the distance at any time. Betts is a running back who can get you to the 22 yard line on kickoff returns. Big frikken deal. Let the ball go into the endzone and you at least never have to worry about the fumble.

Betts is an average back who can get you 100 yards when your offensive line is blocking well. But why in the hello he plays so much...well...I guess that speaks volumes about Portis. Can you imagine Betts sharing time with L.T. or with Sean Alexander or Priest Holmes. But he IS sharing time with Portis.

That says something.

There's no laws against this thread, but OFFICIALY, the most moronic thread EVER. Dumb idea.

They lapsed, end of story. What the he!! has happened to this board?!

Look, relax...I'm not saying the seasons over, and I agree every team has a lapse from time to time. The Giants were high on emotion, and we didnt match it. Thats fine. I just feel someone needs to light a fire under these guys a$$es, and releasing someone who actually contributes from time to time will do that. They might say to themselves, d@mn, I gotta get better, or I could be looking for a job. Its not like getting rid of Antonio Brown here.

smack yourself

horrible game... cant blame it on betts.. its a team game.. we must all fault.. too much to's, penalties, drop balls. our defense was dictated by barbers good running. he set the tone from play 1.... was just horrible.. we can also give much respect to pierce.. he knows are O very much.. he made the right audibles when needed..we suck.. i drown my sorrow in a puddle of mudd must forget and move on... philly, bring it on..

Look, relax...I'm not saying the seasons over, and I agree every team has a lapse from time to time. The Giants were high on emotion, and we didnt match it. Thats fine. I just feel someone needs to light a fire under these guys a$$es, and releasing someone who actually contributes from time to time will do that. They might say to themselves, d@mn, I gotta get better, or I could be looking for a job. Its not like getting rid of Antonio Brown here.

So saying "Betts was paid off" conveys that idea? I know we're all pissed, and we are all disappointed (sh@!, have to face Giants fans at work), but to say a player is paid off, even in jest, is a little much.

I was watching the 'Boys game, but also had you guys and the Raiders on..what I saw, it was sloppy in every aspect. The Defense got almost not pressure on Manning. Barber hit cut backs, and there was no outside containment. You got destryod in the trenches. Plain and simple. You won't win alot of games doing that.

I will hand the Giants the fact that they have a a vicious D. Not in ranking, but every time I watch them play, they fly to the ball.

NFC East is back and meaner than ever

You know its not your day when the guy fumbles the opening kick off of the second half. Nail in the coffin. But I like Betts, hopefully he'll learn from this. The one saving grace from this game is everyone contributed to the failure so everyone SHOULD have a chip on their shoulder. Lets see how they react next week.

SHUDDUP

Archived