Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Suggestion.

Taylor 21

Well its not really a suggestion but i was just wonderin, im watching the bills and pats game and Willis McGahee is lookin real good. Hes the kind of guy we need as our back, small, quick, and powerful. Now Portis has all those things, but he is more of a "following my blockers" kind of back now that hes joined the redskins and put on a few pounds. Now im not sayin we trade him and im not saying portis sucks or he doesnt deserve being her, i like portis and im glad hes here. But would you ever trade Clinton Portis for Willis McGahee?

Additional fact: Both from the U

Not a chance. The guy I would like to see us make a bid for this offseason is Sean Alexander. He's the Riggins-eske type of back we're missing. CP, Betts, Cartwright - they all seem to be the same type of back to me. Not big enough to be power rushers and not shifty enough to be finesse backs.

But, that being said, I think CP is good enough to be our feature back. It's going to take a little work from our O-line, but have faith. We have a good team. We just got beat today...

Well its not really a suggestion but i was just wonderin, im watching the bills and pats game and Willis McGahee is lookin real good. Hes the kind of guy we need as our back, small, quick, and powerful. Now Portis has all those things, but he is more of a "following my blockers" kind of back now that hes joined the redskins and put on a few pounds. Now im not sayin we trade him and im not saying portis sucks or he doesnt deserve being her, i like portis and im glad hes here. But would you ever trade Clinton Portis for Willis McGahee?

Additional fact: Both from the U

No

Stop the madness. Please! We lost one game and I will bet we will lose a few more. You can't suggest trading a player after one game. We have the same Clinton Portis who ran roughshod over opponents in Denver. He is still the same athlete he was there, he is a Redskin now. Who knows, maybe Ladanian Tomlinson would be an average RB on this Redskins team. Be realistic guys and stop all the "he sucks" and "let's trade this guy" threads. Last week Tomlinson had negative rushing yards against the Eagles, do you think any Charger fans were trying to trade him to us for Portis?

The banter here is getting worse than what I hear on the call in post game shows.

Archived