Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kneejerk fans

bricucci

I do not think the Skins are as bad as they appeared today. Emotions played a strong part in this, the Giants at home after their very influential and old school owner dies. The Giants possess talent, and Tiki had a monster game. They'll ride these emtions for a while. On the other side, the Skins were flat. I think they will regroup. They have no other choice.

The thing that *isses many of us is that, despite today's outcome, this was a winnable game. In my book, the Gints are not a playoff caliber team. Their offense has not rolled over quality defenses (except ours) and their defense has been exploited by everyone (except us). This is one of those tough games we shoud have won to establish the SKins identity, to serve notice, and to gain the upper hand in the division. Instead, the team looked like a collection of pathetic no-accounts. It was an embarrassing game. Moreover, it was a disgrace when viewed from the perspective of Joe's legacy. The team shamed its HOF coach today. They cannot rise to the level of their legacy.They have not carried the banner. As a team, the game they played today was a disgrace to everything the Skins have achieved since the arrival of Vince Lombardi. This game set all kinds of records for worst performance by a Joe Gibbs team....they let their coach and their city down and should be chastised for it - not given a free "well everyone has a bad day pass."

they should have their arses kicked from one end of the hallway down to the other. A total friggin disgrace.

they should have their arses kicked from one end of the hallway down to the other. A total friggin disgrace.

Gibbs is just the man to do it. The players know that he'll do anything necessary, including cutting starters if he thinks he has to. You'll see work rates increase in practice this week.

Has anyone thought about the Eagles losing today. Tremendous motivation to come out and kick our butts. And it will happen. We played badly today and couldn't get past midfield until our backup QB came in. Philly played badly and still put up 21 points. we will be .500 after next week.

The thing that *isses many of us is that, despite today's outcome, this was a winnable game. In my book, the Gints are not a playoff caliber team. Their offense has not rolled over quality defenses (except ours) and their defense has been exploited by everyone (except us). This is one of those tough games we shoud have won to establish the SKins identity, to serve notice, and to gain the upper hand in the division. Instead, the team looked like a collection of pathetic no-accounts. It was an embarrassing game. Moreover, it was a disgrace when viewed from the perspective of Joe's legacy. The team shamed its HOF coach today. They cannot rise to the level of their legacy.They have not carried the banner. As a team, the game they played today was a disgrace to everything the Skins have achieved since the arrival of Vince Lombardi. This game set all kinds of records for worst performance by a Joe Gibbs team....they let their coach and their city down and should be chastised for it - not given a free "well everyone has a bad day pass."

:applause: :cheers: Im die hard all the way, but this loss on the skins part is insane and strange. They just seem to allways come out flat or just plain inept in a crucial game. Been this way for many years now, why the hell Is that? :helmet:

well.......blaming and belittling others always has been the province of small minds! have at it kids!!!!

directed at the original poster of this thread and all the children following the beat!

No offense, but isn't your calling people who share similar thoughts as the thread-starter "small-minded" being guilty of the same behavior you decry? Is telling them to "have at it kids" a sign of a higher level of emotional maturity? :D

Personally, I like to give reasons why I feel the way I do rather than assert unsubstantiated* moral or intellectual superiority. Especially if my statement contains immediately obvious self-incriminating comments. But then I'm sometimes an ass ;) . :eaglesuck

*Now substantiated differences are another story... :silly:

not blaming anyone!

as for belittling......well......guilty as charged: can't respond to small minded comments without noting the small minded aspects!

as for unsubstantiated intellectual or moral superiority (playing our own little games are we?)....ummmmm....whoever asserted that your opinion, let alone assent, was ever sought?!!!!! (were that the intention or those the character traits you seem to be intuiting as motivating the original comment; or taht the matter is up for debate). in short...that's your reaction/perception! perhaps how you see yourself?!

how about focusing on the obvious: that the original energy for this thread was totally focused on an emotional reaction to others posts (and itself lacking any informative content) and not any analysis of the game. There's too much handwringing over the tone of various posts - and too little on the qualtiy of football on the field. expressed even more simply - calling out folks as kneejerk reactionaries is basically in the same category as "cut Samuels now." It doesn't add anything to the discussion...it's just another emotional ad lib.

not blaming anyone!

as for belittling......well......guilty as charged: can't respond to small minded comments without noting the small minded aspects!

as for unsubstantiated intellectual or moral superiority (playing our own little games are we?)....ummmmm....whoever asserted that your opinion, let alone assent, was ever sought?!!!!! (were that the intention or those the character traits you seem to be intuiting as motivating the original comment; or taht the matter is up for debate). in short...that's your reaction/perception! perhaps how you see yourself?!

how about focusing on the obvious: that the original energy for this thread was totally focused on an emotional reaction to others posts (and itself lacking any informative content) and not any analysis of the game. There's too much handwringing over the tone of various posts - and too little on the qualtiy of football on the field. expressed even more simply - calling out folks as kneejerk reactionaries is basically in the same category as "cut Samuels now." It doesn't add anything to the discussion...it's just another emotional ad lib.

:silly: my initial thought was to go to work on the middle paragraph of your response...but a wiser and healthier internal voice prevailed and instead I will say... :cheers: ...it was a suckazz day...I do get your intent and understand your POV...we're assuredly closer than apart in any meaningful way, really...and here's to beating Philly! :helmet:

Archived