Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DAMMIT. Need a local guy to help.....

Art

I'm hurt no one in the D.C. area has volunteered to help out with the Geographically Challenged. We may have it settled, though, it seems the radio signal in the basement of the science building where Blade lives sounds bad.

Is there anyone with broadband connectivity in the D.C. area who doesn't mind being on the hook every game day to turn on his radio at some point in the morning and walk away (obviously there's some testing that needs to be done :)).

Come on guys. Think of your brothers so far away. It's a good cause. All you have to do is turn the radio on and follow directions and you too can be remembered as a The Chosen One type of hero.

As someone who lives in Hawaii without direct TV available, I really appreciate the efforts of some of you to support those of us without radio or TV coverage of the games.

My involvement with the Redskins goes back to the days of Slinging Sammy, so I may be a few years older than most of you. Please accept my advance, most appreciative mahalo nui loa for your support.

I only wish I had a home PC that was up to the task, my brothers. I don't. Not yet, anyway. I'm afraid the only "broad band" in my house for the time being is around my left ring finger.

I will join the cause to beat the local streets on behalf of my far-flung brothers, though:

Om Wants YOU for Extremeskins.com

man.jpg

I can't believe that not one person in DC has a cable modem!!! Jeez... this must be a conspiracy!

Also wanted to toss the thought out there for someone to get a webcam and turn on the TV once a week, instead of the radio?

Hello everyone, I've been reading this site for awhile now, but this is my first post. Can't you just get Sonny, Sam, and Frank off of ESPN's NFL section? I seem to remember reading live scores on another team and being able to click on the live radio feed in the box score....

hey there my first post too - although i just joined today! in the rare instance that i am out of town or unavailable to get the game on tv or radio (i live in baltimore so all they show is these ravens games) i just log onto espn and get the webcast of the game. you should be able to do that. sometimes it won't be our local sportscasters but you should be able to at least get the radio feed from the other team's announcers. just a thought.

Ok, I wanted to help when I saw this the first time but......I live in Ellicott City, Md. Which is only about 45 minutes from Fed Ex (depending on which traffic jam you get in) but I don't get a strong signal from 106.7 WJFK for some reason. I've got the Sony VAIO laptop with cable connection but no microphone. I just looked and I do have a "hole" (I'm soooo computer literate) for one. I have a little radio that works so if there is another station that I can try I would be more than happy to help out all the brothas' and sistas'!

:pint:

What do ya think?

For anyone in the DC area with cable modem/DSL:

You DONT need a mic :) Just a line to run from your radio's headphone jack into your computer's 'line in'... And you would be helping out fans from Hawaii to Iceland to Korea to Austrailia.

Seriously, we NEED you help...

And for EVERYONE ELSE with broadband/DSL around the world:

I have a zip file with the software and detailed instructions now ready for all those geographically challenged with broadband who want to help out... it is also for those geographically challenged who are on dial-up who want to make use of our "Virtual Living Room" experiment.

You will need to go to http://winamp.com and download the player before you get the zip file from me.

Email me at: webmaster@extremeskins.com

For the record, the Redskins are one of nine teams that do not feed the local broadcast over the internet. While most weeks you can listen to the opposing team's feed, you can never listen to Sonny, Sam and Frank over the net. However, there are occasionally Redskin Radio Network stations that "forget" to turn off the signal, but that is sometimes hard to find.

What we may be able to provide is a certain answer. All you need to do is be in the D.C. area have a good signal for the radio and the info Blade provided and we're set. You'd be a hero. I'm telling you :).

Okay someone tell me what I need to do in order to help youse hardcore Redskins fans.

I have a DSL hook-up at my house through Earthlink/Mindspring.

I have one boom box that receives WJFK Redskins radio

I have no clue how to get the radio signal on the computer for you all to listen to.

I just shot Blade an e-mail asking him for details on how to hook y'all up.

Sweet.

Blade will go over with you the details of hosting. It's easy though. Then, when you're set up, I'll test with you tomorrow or Saturday or something to assure I can be a relay. Thanks KMP. All others need to apply to. The more local feeds we have potentially the better the results.

Email sent KMP.... and once again, sorry for the name-screwup :)

The only hardware you will need is a wire that goes from your headphone jack to the LINE IN on your computer.

The rest of the information is in the software zip that i mentioned in the email.

Has anyone also entertained the thought of getting sued for copyright infringement or whatever it is for a broadcast ? We might get away with it once or twice, but I'm sure eventually the board admins. will get a nasty gram from the NF of L and/or the Danny.

I hate to rain on the parade, but.....

Yusuf,

I'm not sure what you are talking about. We're talking about a hypothetical forum that does not exist and if it did, would be password protected and not available to just anyone. Of course we would NEVER do anything that would be shady :).

Damn crybaby.

Archived