Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Girls Love Football Too

betsy thurman

My name may make it more obvious, but I too am a HUGE female football fan and Die Hard Skins fan. While the skins rule the roost, I just love football in general and have actually had the chance to even play it the last couple of years.

Funny thing was having to convert my hubby to a football fan. He’s a basketball and baseball guy, so was always willing to put up with my football obsession, but after 9 years, he is starting to get religious with sitting down with me to watch the Skins games and I even catch him from time to time watching football when I’m not around!

My name may make it more obvious, but I too am a HUGE female football fan and Die Hard Skins fan. While the skins rule the roost, I just love football in general and have actually had the chance to even play it the last couple of years.

Funny thing was having to convert my hubby to a football fan. He’s a basketball and baseball guy, so was always willing to put up with my football obsession, but after 9 years, he is starting to get religious with sitting down with me to watch the Skins games and I even catch him from time to time watching football when I’m not around!

He's cheating on you?!?! Watching football without you? What a horrible horrible man

Hope it's not too late to join in the fun!

Another female die hard Skins fan here. Started watching the Skins while in high school. I remember having a TV on in the back room while I was working at a fast-food chicken joint in 10th grade. I was stuck up front taking orders but did manage to keep up to date on the game -- I remember that Riggo run like it was yesterday!

I have a Skins license plate with "B&G Nut" on it and every Monday, win or lose, I put the flags on the car for the 65 mile trip to work. I have season tickets that I split with another female neighbor. We plaster whatever vehicle we're driving with magnets, flags, etc. and are head-to-toe dressed in Skins gear for the games. Even take my son sometimes with hair and face painted!

At home, no one, and I mean, no one better bother me, talk to me, call me NOTHING during a Skins game. My parents stopped by last Sunday and were there during that awful Giants game. It was all I could do to hold in the (&$(@$@($@#($*@&@( from start to finish. They mercifully left after half-time and I watched the second half alone in agony. It's a wonder my pillow has any stuffing left in it!

Sometimes I can't even eat during a game when the score is close because my stomach is in knots.

Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way. Love my Skins!

Hope they kick the cr@p out of the Iggles this weekend. We have a six person crew heading to the game on Sunday! Go Skins!

Ann

NOTHING comes before the Redskins.

I actually had a date with me watching the Skins/Dallas game. He said, "So am I only going to get to talk to you during the commercials?" And I thought, "DUH. Barely even then!!"

And nothing excites me more than the Redskins. My office at work (in Ellicott City) is strewn with Redskins paraphernalia: i.e. rug, flag as a curtain, banners, and a stop sign on the door that says "Danger: Entering Redskins Country". I wear one of my Redskins jerseys on dress down Fridays. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS! :helmet:

I think I may be in love.

There are alot of females on this site compared to other team's sites. I'm suprised there hasn't been threads on Brunells butt and so forth.

If we weren't all so mature on this site, you wouldn't be allowed to get away with mentioning "Brunell's butt" and get away with it like that, even though you did it in this suppositional way. If we weren't so mature, things would be said like, "Hmm, why did he just happen to choose 'Brunell' as his example?"

But luckily, this is a site of mature adults. Good thing for that!

My wife grew up in Green Bay (everyone knows football in that little town). You guys have no idea what its like to have a wife who loves to sit around and break down plays with you...

You need to ask this woman to MARRY YOU!!!

Hi neighbor, My wife gets so into the games, we almost fight over some plays and who screwed up or what the refs should have called and didn't. She gets into the sports scene, even got red carded at my sons soccer game years ago.

Plays golf and tennis, a great find for me.

*sigh*

All of my ex'es hate my passion for the Redskins...

"But, you're from Rochester, you should be a BILLS fan!!!"

*sigh*

When I broke up with one, she did the most dastardly, hurtful thing anyone could have ever done to me... I go into work and what do I see sitting at the desk?

A Dallas Cowboys flag stretched across the table with "The Redskins SUCK!" sprawled underneath it...

Painful memories.

Archived