Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Betts to Packers or Ravens???

RWJ

Just a thought here. The Packers and Ravens desperately need a starting RB. If and I say if we could get a 2nd round pick in a trade with one of these teams, would you make the trade. As all of us know, we lost our 1st round pick to Denver next year. It would be nice to have a couple of 2nd round picks next year to compensate for not having a 1st next year and it is very possible the 2nd round pick, if a trade were made with one of these teams, would be a very high 2nd round pick. Would you make the trade?

Comments? Remarks are welcome.

I would not, although it is tempting. Betts has performed very well spelling Portis, and I feel much more comfortable with Betts as #2 as opposed to Rock. Betts at times seems less tentative when hitting holes versus Portis, although Portis makes up for it with his agility and speed.

Let's keep Betts. We couldn't ask much more from a #2.

:logo:

I agree with all of you. Wiskeypeet mentioned that the trade deadline is gone, so it's a mute point. Betts is our best option at #2, no doubt, but we do need draft picks after giving up our 1st rounder next year. I was just curious on how members felt about the thought. Again, the deadline has passed, my bag.

I don't know why we'd unload him for no reason. At this point (sorry Blondie), I don't trust Rock as our backup. Not to spell Portis during games and not to take his place in case of injury.

I would be very against trading Betts for a pick at this point.

Stop agreeing with me on every topic.

:laugh:

Seriously though, I see no point in getting rid of a tested backup that runs well in this system for a untested guy that may not work out. Plus, Portis and Betts are a great 1-2 punch, why mess up a good thing?

I don't know why we'd unload him for no reason. At this point (sorry Blondie), I don't trust Rock as our backup. Not to spell Portis during games and not to take his place in case of injury.

I would be very against trading Betts for a pick at this point.

:cry: :security: :nono:

I thought he might have redeemed himself.

I guess not.

:(

Blondie

I love our current set up with running back. The top 3 can start if needed, and have done so and proved that they can do that. Nemo is a project and it is ok for your 4th to be a project.

No reason trading them when we are the only team thatrespects them for there current value.

You know I never understand whats so great about securing a draft pick. Betts WAS a second round draft pick and a pretty good one in my opinion. (A servicable backup) Can we really get a second rounder better than Betts. Plus we need him desperately. Portis can handle the load all by himself and Rock I don't like one bit.

No way I would trade Betts. He's definitely worth more to the team than what we're paying him. He's a perfect backup RB.

I would be fielding any and all offers for Patrick Ramsey. With Brunell playing as well as he is and Jason Campbell also on the bench, Ramsey is more than expendable. There are teams out there that are in desperate need of help at the QB position. The way I see it, anything we get for Ramsey will essentially be a bonus.

Just 'say no' to trading Betts. What if Portis goes down? Do you really want to 'say no' to the rest of our season?

Betts has proven to be a reliable backup and change of pace. His cap space is minimal and if he proves to be an essential part of our O, we may opt

to enter a new contract offer before his present one expires.

That's how our front office plays the game :cool:

Archived