Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell or Manning

mnp726

No respect. I am so upset the Scouts Inc gave the nod to Manning! Considering all the success and experience Brunell has and especially his preformance this year please tell me it isn't so. I'm expecting a hugh day from Brunell. Manning has only 13 starts and gets the nod HUH.

SPIN DOCTORS ... they rather error on the side of Manning then Brunell, if Little Brother screws up they can just attribute it to the REdskins Defense, if they Pick Brunell and he screws up they have no where to fall, and no BS excuses to catch them, plain and simple. Even if Brunell is the safer pick, they won't go with him cause there is more upside going with Manning - I'm sure Brunell has already made SO SO SO MANY Mediots look pretty bad already ...

Brunell beats him in just about every category this year, doesn't he? Just media hype, nothing more.

EDIT: They each have 12 td's, but brunell has only 2 pickles while Eli has 4. Brunell has a slight edge in yardage, but is about 10 points up in QB rating. But Eli gets the nod....mmmmkkkaaayyy.

The "Manning" label is carrying too much weight in the public eye at this early time. I don't buy into it but I understand it. His father & brother are model QBs.

Brunell & Manning are playing pretty hot, big difference is Brunell has the scrambling ability. I would also take Brunells experience in big games over Mannings precociousness in 6 regular season games. Not to mention Brunell has a better rating than Eli, and against much harder teams.

SPIN DOCTORS ... they rather error on the side of Manning then Brunell, if Little Brother screws up they can just attribute it to the REdskins Defense, if they Pick Brunell and he screws up they have no where to fall, and no BS excuses to catch them, plain and simple. Even if Brunell is the safer pick, they won't go with him cause there is more upside going with Manning - I'm sure Brunell has already made SO SO SO MANY Mediots look pretty bad already ...

well put. its as i said in a thread from a few weeks back. these "experts" simply hedge their bets hoping never to appear wrong. while no one likes to be incorrect they basically put themselves in a situation of talking yet saying nothing.

Eli is getting a lot of props because he's showing well at such a young age. He's the latest flavor. He's gonna be good. We just need to take him down a peg, and build ourselves up -- and I'm hoping we do that this weekend.

If we win --two road wins in our division is huge. And the gints would be 0-2. It's a statement game for both teams.

i like that we get no respect. i like being the underdogs it just makes the media guys look even more dumb each week. i believe we will have another huge game this week. the giants almost lost one to the broncos at home, who we went to their place in a much more hostile environment and almost got a win. eli doesnt have the experience brunell has and has not faced a d like ours, so i really like our chances in this one.:gaintsuck

If I had to pick a QB for right now and the immediate future, I'd pick Brunell. But to start a franchise, you'd obviously go with Manning....he's obviously got way more years ahead of him than Brunell. Of course, Brunell could turn into the next Vinny and play until he's 86...:whoknows:

There is no spin doctoring going down. Take your stats and throw them out the window, even though Eli's stats are pretty darn good. Eli put up a huge game against the Chargers in an environment that the word hostile just didn't seem to attatch properly too. He brought the Giants back in Dallas in a game that they lost in overtime, he brought them back 83 yards against Denver, he has a retarded 100+ rating against the blitz with 7 td's and 1 int. He is showing poise that second year quarterbacks DON'T show. Brunells having a good year, he's doing well within that offense, he's not turning it over a lot. He seems to have gotten his arm back. He's not as good as Eli though. Sorry, he's just not.

Archived