Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

will skins be better served by keeping 2 kickers

Byebye

and just screwing over the Cowboys or the Eagles...

FGs has led to Cowboys losses...and Eagles kicking is in disarray (so much that they pick up the scrub that lost the games for the Cowboys).

Novak will be a clear upgrade for either team...is there another team that needs a kicker? maybe we can do a trade for a scrub special teamer or something, just to make sure that he doesnt end up on either team.

Agreed. There is no doubt that Hall can't last an entire season without injury and, at the current rate, I don't expect him to last until the end of the season after he does finally come back. The simple fact is that if we are going to make a playoff run and plan to make a push deep into the playoffs, we need a reliable kicker. If we get rid of Novak and Hall goes down again, who do we go after? Jose Cortez after he gets cut for Novak (assuming we let Novak go)?

I'm on the keep two side for now. Our secondary's healing, and Noak's consistent on FG's and healthy, Hall has been-there-n-done that and is better on technique but may get hurt again, and I don't want either helping our rivals.

If something changed in a roster spot where we get a stronger need we can always re-visit the decision.

There's no reason not to keep both.

Who would you bring in to take the roster spot if you cut one of them? And would that person make any kind of impact?

I dont see how.

I'm sure Gibbs and Co have a list of names of who they would bring in, but as far as position, our secondary is getting healthier, but our D line is taking a hit. Backups are there, and we have the option of the 3-4.. but maybe it's worth looking and finding a more true to form nose guard for the 3-4 scheme.

Archived