Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we win the next 2 games....

RWJ

Is it just me or have I been traumatized over the past 12 years or so? I would love to smack off like we are going to run away with the division and get home field, etc...but bleeding birgandy and gold like I have for 20 plus seasons, I am just terrified each and every week. I recognize that we are truely getting better and better, but there have been times over the past 6 or 7 years where I thought for sure "This is it!"...only to be let down. I would be totally ecstatic if we get 1 of these next two games...we'd be 5-3 and 2-1 in the division. I seriously doubt that we will get home field...even though we have the tie breaker over Seattle, they have 2 games against the 49ers left , 1 against the Cardinals, Tennesee and Green Bay. I think they will get home field, but it doesn't mean they will win at home.

Don't get me wrong brothers, I am very excited about what our Skins our doing! If we win our next 2 game against the G-strings and the Birdys, we will be a team to reckon with! But we could easily lose both, in which case we will have to crawl out of a hole. A split is likely and welcome!

You guys are too much!! I LOVE it!

PRIORITY NUMBER 1: protect the football and beat the Big Blue Sucking Crew (and THEN worry about the Iggles).

However, even if we SPLIT the remaining divisional games and lose one additional (possibly to the Bucs or the Bolts) we are still 10 and 6...which may still be enough to lock up the division -- especially if one of those additional losses is to an AFC opponent.

However, I agree with FunBunch7...even if we do go 10-6 and have the tie breaker over Seattle...they have a fairly easy schedule ahead of them and can feasibly go 11-5

Yeah, if we win the next 2 we are in such good shape it's almost hard not to think the division is ours, BUT I think it's more realistic to just hope to god we can get a split. If we win one of the two we are right in the thick of it and thinking playoffs. If we lose both, we have a LOT of work to do. I think we will beat the GMen this week, but I'm not too optimistic about winning both of these games.

from nfl.com

I think we need to win this next game...

WINNING ON THE ROAD

This seems to be a very bad year to win on the road. The few teams that can board a plane, sleep in a strange hotel, not get rattled by a hostile crowd and win more games than they lose will go deep in the playoffs.

As of this week, there are 11 teams that have yet to earn a single victory on the road. In other words, 34 percent of the NFL is "oh-fer" away from home.

In the past four years (2001-2004), the division winners won a combined 67 percent of their road games. Only one team in four years won their division with a losing road record. The 2002 Ravens were 3-5 away from Baltimore and still managed the division title. In the past four years, only five teams won their division with a 4-4 record. Basically, if your favorite team has four road losses, it has a 16 percent chance of winning the division title.

Since 2001, only six teams have gone 0-8 on the road during a season. With 11 still in the hunt for the dubious honor -- or "oh-fer" -- this could be the ugliest season of all for the road warriors. At least five teams have a real chance to suffer their fourth road loss this week, and it's only the midpoint of the season.

Why is success on the road getting so difficult to achieve? Teams want to pass to set up the run, but noise is a factor. Dome stadiums make it tough for visiting teams. And there are a lot of inexperienced players on rosters right now who have to go through the process of road preparation. Look at Eli Manning, for example. He has won his past five games at Giants Stadium, but has yet to win on the road.

I think that you guys are panicking a little too early in saying that we "need" to win this game. I would love more than anyone to beat the Giants, but this early in the season with a winning record, I would hardly call this a "must win" game . Also, Division games have lost some of their importance since divisions only have 4 teams each now.

If we win the next two, we will win the following five. Tampa Bay has played no one and San Diego won't beat us at home. We could be looking at homefield throughout the playoffs! :thumbsup:

But let's beat the Giants first.

I wouldn't neccesarily agree with you about Tampa Bay or San Diego, but Tampa Bay lost Griese and San Diego seems to be swooning.

Archived