Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will somebody pleeeeze splain this to me, if you're smart...

Mickalino

Okay, now I've seen it all.

2 Boxers going at it for 12 rounds, or about a half hour, trying to bash each others head in, and knock him silly, knock him down, and render each other unconscious for a full 10 seconds. And at the end, they hug each other, then actually kiss each other's cheek and head.

Yet, frickin wu$$y baseball players cant shake each other's hands ?

No, it sucks, he was right. Baseball has more problems than any other sport, and "traditionalists" (read: stubborn old fogies) will never fix them because it would "ruin the sport." :rolleyes:

If baseball stays the way it is, it will soon be passed by Nascar and hockey, and fade into nonexistence. At least hockey is actively trying to change and make their sport more enjoyable!

Wow the ignorance, yep baseball stinks it only had record numbers for crowds all year, had many teams fighting for the playoffs, yep baseball stinks :doh:

Splain this to me :

Why is it, at the end of every baseball game, the baseball players ONLY congratulate each other, on the SAME team, like a bunch of ****y

sons of bixches ?

But in pro football games, they freely congratulate each other on BOTH teams.

Baseball is supposed to be "America's Past-time", a "gentleman's sport", while football is supposed to be a tough man's game and violent sport.

Yet it's the freakin baseball bas!ards, that are too stinkin ****y to even go within a 100 feet of the other team at the end, while in football, they're not just congratulating and shakin hands - they're hugging, smiling, chatting, kissing the cheek, joking around, and even kneeling and praying together.

What's wrong with baseball, people ??

baseball is boring.

I am a big baseball fan, I play fantasy baseball every year, and keep tabs on how well team are doing. However, i would admit that baseball is not the must enjoyable sport to watch. Low scores play the role in that aspect. It's the difficulty of the sport that makes me respect it. Think about it, baseball is a sport in which 3 out of 10 is success. Baseball is IMO probably the most difficult sport to be "the best" at. Golf is another sport similar to baseball. Boring to watch but earns its respect from its difficulty level. As far as the hand shake thing, I do think they should do that at the end of the game. I had to do it in little league, why stop when you get to the pros?

I played baseball most of my life. A few guys I played with or against in high school and college are playing the MLB now. I never played organized football, I was too small when I was a freshman in high school to even consider it and by the time I actually physically matured I didn't think it would be wise to take up football for the first time as a junior in high school.

That being said i've always enjoyed watching football much more than baseball. Do I hate watching baseball and think its boring? Not at all. But, if you never played baseball or only played it for a few years I can definately see how you wouldn't get it and wouldn't enjoy watching it.

Being about 10 minutes from Pinehurst I know people that absolutely love to watch golf on tv and of cource they play it all the time. I'd rather watch my grass grow in the front yard then watch golf, but I think that comes from the fact that I never have taken up the game.

As far as the not shaking hands thing. In college most of our scheduel was done in series, weekend series to be exact and we didn't shake hands until after the series was over. I'm sure if football games were done in series they wouldn't exchange greetings after the first game either.

As far as why pros don't shake hands. Pre game they are doing alot of hand shaking and greeting. Why they dont after the game, probably something to do with something that happened in the 1800s.

Also, don't be mistaken. There is nothing organzied about football players and how they should act after a game is over. Not all players exchange greetings with the other team. The QBs may exchange a quick word to each other but Brett Favre dosen't personally go and meet with every single player or even 10 players for that matter on the other team.

The only pro sport of the big 4 (football, baseball, basketball, and hockey) that have any organized hand shaking is hockey in the playoffs.

Do you really like seeing the Redskins yuck it up with Cowboys after the game? Personally I like how the Red Sox and Yankees don't hug, kiss, and pray together after the game.

Wow the ignorance, yep baseball stinks it only had record numbers for crowds all year, had many teams fighting for the playoffs, yep baseball stinks :doh:

Well jbooma, I'm sure you are aware that the only thing that matters in sports is TV ratings. Tell me; how were those MLB ratings this year? Don't know? I'll tell ya; they were sheit. I think the World Series got beaten out by Will and Grace reruns.

Well jbooma, I'm sure you are aware that the only thing that matters in sports is TV ratings. Tell me; how were those MLB ratings this year? Don't know? I'll tell ya; they were sheit. I think the World Series got beaten out by Will and Grace reruns.

Baseball is doing just fine, if it wasn't relief pitchers wouldn't be making $4million a year.

Are football ratings better? Of cource, they play 1 day a week and Monday Night of cource. If the NFL had 14 games on every night of the week it would get about the same ratings as baseball. It's not really comparable.

As far as the World Series, its the same concept. The Super Bowl is one game, if the Seahawks are playing the Texans in the Super Bowl next year it will still get great ratings, its one day, its an event. Now if it was a 7 game series, i'm not sure a Texas vs Seahawk series would get all that great of ratings.

Whether baseball wants to admit it or not they pray like hell the World Series is the Yankees or Red Sox vs another popular team from the National League.

Football is more popular than baseball, no doubt about it, but that dosent mean baseball is on life support and on the verge of extinction by any stretch of the imagination.

Also, Monday Night Football ratings have been dropping off steadily for the past couple of years or so.

There was even talk about leaving the scheduel open for Monday Nigh Football so that near the end of the season they could choose what the Monday night game would be so they wouldn't be showing a game between 2 teams that were 2-10 or something.

Not sure whatever came of that or if its still in the making. I do know Monday Night Football is switching from ABC to ESPN next year.

Splain this to me.. while in football, they're not just congratulating and shakin hands - they're hugging, smiling, chatting, kissing the cheek :kiss:, joking around, and even kneeling and praying together.
Well you cant forget that they also tap eachother on the a$$... :whippin: ....:laugh: !

Archived