Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants fan here.........

Eli The Future

If you project those numbers over a 16 game season he'd have 112 catches for 1,413 yards. He's started his career through 45 games with better numbers then any TE in the history of the NFL at this stage. If you want to compare his numbers through 45 games to guys like Gonzalez, Sharpe, Heap, or just about any other TE who has ever played this game, be my guest, cause it isnt very close. The only 2 to even sniff him at a similar point in their career are Ditka and Winslow Sr

To follow up on my own post, the only reason I mention Heap over guys like Gates and Witten who are better active TEs is because those guys have yet to play 45 games, and with their complete lack of production as rookies they'll be hard pressed to apprach Shockeys numbers through 45 games either

If you project those numbers over a 16 game season he'd have 112 catches for 1,413 yards. He's started his career through 45 games with better numbers then any TE in the history of the NFL at this stage. If you want to compare his numbers through 45 games to guys like Gonzalez, Sharpe, Heap, or just about any other TE who has ever played this game, be my guest, cause it isnt very close. The only 2 to even sniff him at a similar point in their career are Ditka and Winslow Sr

But you're still failing to recognize he was shut down last year by our defense which had the additions of G. Williams and S. Taylor.

It's what have you done for me lately, not what have you done for me way before.

We all know Shockey is good, you don't have to sit here and explain that to us. We don't talk down your good players to make us feel better. We understand, well at least majority of us do.

The fact of the matter is Shockey since Gibbs and Co. have taken over has been held in check and I don't see anything changing that pattern.

The only person I'm worried about is Burress if he's healthy enough to play the game. His size is a very big problem for us and S. Taylor can't cover every weapon that you have.

I do see Arrington or Washington on Shockey this time and Taylor (because of his height) on Burress if he's in the game.

Your personnel has changed since then, so has ours, but hes had great success when matched against Arrington 1 on 1 in the past.

Arrington is no longer playing the Sam so he shouldn't be matched up against Shockey. That will fall to Marcus Washington who was in that role last year and did a fairly good job on Shockey last year. But you are correct that the teams are not the same teams they were last year so just because he did well or poorly last year it does not mean that it will repeat.

Neither team is the same as they were last year. There is a reason this is the marquee game for the NFL this weekend. Both teams have made marked improvement.

I just popped on and saw the title of this thread, and my initial thought was man another loud mouth her to shoot of his mouth. Man was I wrong. This is a good thread, and has been a lot of good input. As far as everything goes, I think that with the few injuries that the Giants have it will be hard to overcome and beat the skins. If the few players that are questionable can not play for the Giants it will make a big hill for the Giants to climb.

I just hope that this is going to be a good game, and of course that the skins come out on top.

Port

I think you make an interesting point about the stats being skewed. But here's another one. Of the Giants 20 TD's (all of which count for PPG) 7 of them have come from ST or from great field position to start (inside the 50 yard line). They have also scored several fg's in the same way. So, while the defense stats may be skewed, their ppg is certainly skewed when talking about their offense.

But you're still failing to recognize he was shut down last year by our defense which had the additions of G. Williams and S. Taylor.

The fact of the matter is Shockey since Gibbs and Co. have taken over has been held in check and I don't see anything changing that pattern.

The fact that Eli is no longer a rookie and Kurt Warner is now a backup in Arizona goes a long way to throwing out whatever took place last year. No reciever on this team had a good year last year, and suddenly Shockey is on pace to dwarf his 2004 numbers. It's not because hes personally doing anything different. You need someone to get you the football

The fact that Eli is no longer a rookie and Kurt Warner is now a backup in Arizona goes a long way to throwing out whatever took place last year. No reciever on this team had a good year last year, and suddenly Shockey is on pace to dwarf his 2004 numbers. It's not because hes personally doing anything different. You need someone to get you the football

That's a very fair point. We have no way of knowing how our teams matchup until they butt heads this weekend.

I personally expect Plax & Shockey to hurt us a little and Barber to be held in check...

If that occurs, I think we can do well. If Barber gets loose, then we might be in for a long day in NY.

1) No serious football fan here underestimates Eli Manning. Nor does anyone at Redskins Park. Let's not waste too much time on this one.

2) The Washington offense has scored, in this order, this many offensive points over th past 6 games: 9, 14, 20, 21, 21, 52. Notice anything? We do. :)

The Washington defense has allowed, in this order, this many defensive points over the past 6 games: 7, 13, 17, 21, 21, 17 (ten of which were against backups in garbage time).

The 21 allowed in back-to-back weeks were against Denver and Kansas City (averaging 22 and 25 ppg, respectively), on the road, while missing our 2 starting cornerbacks. Don't know how familiar you are with G. Williams schemes, but they are HEAVILY reliant on physical, aggressive play from his corners, something he did not have the luxury of in those two games, and so played a far more conservative scheme.

If your team scores 21+ on this group WITH Springs, Harris and the entire starting secondary on the field at the same time for only the 2nd game all year (last week being the first), I'll tip my cap to 'em. But they're going to have to prove it.

we only put up 19 against the broncos... good post though.

Eli the future wants to point out how well Eli has done against the blitz. Fine, but, look at the defenses that have blitzed him? The simple difference is, even if we don't get to Eli, and he does get the pass off, he will still be going up against probably one of the BEST secondary's in football right now, at full health. Some turnovers come in blitzes by Qb's getting hit and fumbling the ball, case in point, Alex Smith last week, but some turnovers also come by throwing into coverage in order to not take a sack. Bottom line: I really truly believe that even if Eli doesn't get sacked, he will not have anywhere to throw the ball, hence either throwing it away, or throwing into coverage. My money is on our coverage! Not our blitzes.:eaglesuck ;) :gaintsuck ;)

We aren't fully healthy in the secondary.Taylor sat out practice today with a bad ankle.(should play)Rogers will play this weekend(ankle also) helping alot in the nickel packages.Plaxico is listed as ? as of right now for the Giants with Emmons being questionable also I believe.

ok. about your D- your last 2 games have been squeekers, and one was a 3 point loss 16-13, and the other was a game where denver had a big lead late in the game, so i'm not sure how skewed the defensive stats are. if anything, the pass D stats would have come down to a more respectable #.

and as far as taking out the 'aberration' of the chargers game as far as giving up points?....nah. they may be the best team you have played so far, so why take them out? if so, dont boast about your great O- or i will ask you to take out the stats from those bad D's you ran up the score against.

btw- eli has 8 TD's and 1 INT in 3 games vs pass D's ranked 26th or lower. he has 4 TD's and 3 INT's in the other 3 games vs 2 middle of the pack pass D's and the #8 pass D.

skins are #4.

kinda makes you think he hasnt seen anyone good yet, doesnt it?

This was sort of my thinking. I really don't think this is going to be a close game at all. Provided we don't shoot ourselves in the foot like we did with the broncos and KC I think we'll expose the giants.

Also, AP running his mouth is starting to remind me of FredEx...

Archived