Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Inmate Accused of Hitting Guard As He Was Being Released

flyingtiger1013

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1005/272051.html

Hagerstown, MD (AP) - A state prison inmate near Hagerstown could have been a free man by now, but apparently decided instead to find a reason to remain incarcerated.

It happened as 28-year-old Darrell Adams was being released from the Maryland Correctional Training Center.

According to charging documents, officers removed his handcuffs so he could sign his release paperwork and that's when Adams told a guard "I'm not going home" and struck him in the chest.

Adams is charged with two counts of assault on a Department of Corrections employee.

Reminds me of some suicide-by-mod posters we've had around here.

They come off a temp ban for threatening somebody or some gross violation of the Rules, then use their first post back to cuss out and call out the mod who banned 'em.

Strange times.

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1005/272051.html

Hagerstown, MD (AP) - A state prison inmate near Hagerstown could have been a free man by now, but apparently decided instead to find a reason to remain incarcerated.

It happened as 28-year-old Darrell Adams was being released from the Maryland Correctional Training Center.

According to charging documents, officers removed his handcuffs so he could sign his release paperwork and that's when Adams told a guard "I'm not going home" and struck him in the chest.

Adams is charged with two counts of assault on a Department of Corrections employee.

Under the definition of stupid, you might see a pic of this guy...

This kind of behavior isn't really that rare. It's happened many times before. Often, as soon as an Inmate is released, they will immediately go steal a half-smoke from 7-11 or something to get locked back up again. Some are lazy, some are mental, and some are just scared of having to be out in the world trying to make their way like everybody else. The real world is too tough for them.

At my facility we've had 4 officers assaulted by inmates in the last 3 months or so. Each one was charged with minor offenses, but now they are all charged with Assault on a DOC employee which carries a max sentence of 10 years.

Not to bright.

This kind of behavior isn't really that rare. It's happened many times before. Often, as soon as an Inmate is released, they will immediately go steal a half-smoke from 7-11 or something to get locked back up again. Some are lazy, some are mental, and some are just scared of having to be out in the world trying to make their way like everybody else. The real world is too tough for them.

At my facility we've had 4 officers assaulted by inmates in the last 3 months or so. Each one was charged with minor offenses, but now they are all charged with Assault on a DOC employee which carries a max sentence of 10 years.

Not to bright.

Is it true prison guards are as abusive as they say? Seems everyone that goes in prison comes out talking about what a bunch of uncontrolled savages prison guards are. G. Gordon Liddy really used to nail this point home.

Destino, I would love for you to see what us "uncontrolled savages" do to inmates verses what those "peace loving gentile" inmates do to easch other. G. Gordon Liddy doesnt have a clue. Have you ever saw what a combination lock in the end of a sock can do to a persons head or someone gang raped in the shower or boiling water thrown on the face. Peace loving gentile inmates do that to each other all the time(not to mention the homemade shanks, throwing feces, etc etc)

What would make someone do that?

Maybe he's been "institutionalized" to the point he doesn't know how to function on the outside, or is afraid he won't be able to so wanted to stay in. Ever see The Shawshank Redemption? BROOKS WAS HERE.

Destino, I would love for you to see what us "uncontrolled savages" do to inmates verses what those "peace loving gentile" inmates do to easch other. G. Gordon Liddy doesnt have a clue. Have you ever saw what a combination lock in the end of a sock can do to a persons head or someone gang raped in the shower or boiling water thrown on the face. Peace loving gentile inmates do that to each other all the time(not to mention the homemade shanks, throwing feces, etc etc)

I'm sorry but have I described inmates as "peace loving gentile" somewhere? If you wind up in prison odds are good that you aren't the best of people, I understand that. Criminals, especially violent ones, are bad people. I make no attempt to paint them in a different light.

I simply wanted to know if guards were as bad as people say they are. People I know that are guards, people I know that have been to prison, and a popular radio show personality all seem to tell similar tales of guard behavior....however one persons experience (mine) is too limited to conclude that this type of behavior is common. So I asked a question.

Archived