Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Arrington and his fans: 'I didn't know we were that tight'

bubba9497

Not so sure I in the right site, I could have sworn about two weeks ago there were alot more Lavar Haters than the NONE that I see now. It was some people who say he was a freelancer- funny I didn't see any freelancing- or maybe his freelancing was the reason he lead the team in tackles with 9.

Either way, I said once and i'll say it again- ( This is for all the lavar fans who stuck by his side when alot of others hated on him)

ALL TOGETHER!

BACK THEN THEY DIDN'T WHAT HIM, NOW HE HOT THEY ALL ON HIM!

:gaintsuck

You know I had to do it!

Before the Ice was in his grill?

Before he made his major deal?

His whole career as a football player. Both at Penn State and for years here. I love Lavar and think he is great but the criticism of him being a free lancer is not off base. Several coaches have hinted towards it. Dont play into the "oh whoa is Lavar" theme.

All I saying is how come none of the coaches said he was a freelancer- I have never heard Greg williams mention it, but the media and the fans knew it all along. So if nobody mentions it then how does everybody know thats the reason he wasn't starting. And I can be wrong but did- Greg Williams ever mention that LaVar was not starting because he freelanced to much?

Because if he said that then I will shout the hell up.

Not so sure I in the right site, I could have sworn about two weeks ago there were alot more Lavar Haters than the NONE that I see now. It was some people who say he was a freelancer- funny I didn't see any freelancing- or maybe his freelancing was the reason he lead the team in tackles with 9.

Either way, I said once and i'll say it again- ( This is for all the lavar fans who stuck by his side when alot of others hated on him)

ALL TOGETHER!

BACK THEN THEY DIDN'T WHAT HIM, NOW HE HOT THEY ALL ON HIM!

:gaintsuck

You know I had to do it!

True!!! :applause: (If you don't listen to rap that was by Mike Jones)

That last sentence is a little bit of Mile Jones, who? Mike Jones, a rapper from Houston that likes to say his name at least a dozen times in each of his songs.

Lavar is a freelancer, look at his history, don't get me wrong, I'm one of his biggest fans, he's a beast, but do you think there was ANY chance he would get out there on the field and do the one thing he has been criticized for, FREELANCE??? He's much smarter than that.

The man is a beast, just be happy he is out there wreaking havoc, and stop trying to serve up crow. HTTR!

I think many of the 'Lavar haters' were actually 'Williams supporters.'

Personally, my feeling was that if the Coach wanted Arrington to sit, he should sit. That's not hating on Lavar. That's believing in your coach.

Now that Lavar is back out there making plays within the framework fo the system Williams has laid out I feel pretty good about things. I feel good for Arrington, Williams, Gibbs and the whole team, and I'm glad our coaches made the right decision.

Sometimes coaches are wrong and sometimes players are wrong. I think this situation could have been handled better on both sides and in a faster manner. All seems good now, they aren't pointing fingers anymore and neither should we. HTTR.

His whole career as a football player. Both at Penn State and for years here. I love Lavar and think he is great but the criticism of him being a free lancer is not off base. Several coaches have hinted towards it. Dont play into the "oh whoa is Lavar" theme.

Name a great LB that's not a free lancer. This phrase is overplayed. Ray Lewis is a Freelancer. Urlacher is a Freelancer. That phrase is played out. Most of your great LBs are freelancer in some way. It's true! Hell even Jesse Armstead was a Freelancer, and he played great with us.

I think many of the 'Lavar haters' were actually 'Williams supporters.'

Personally, my feeling was that if the Coach wanted Arrington to sit, he should sit. That's not hating on Lavar. That's believing in your coach.

Now that Lavar is back out there making plays within the framework fo the system Williams has laid out I feel pretty good about things. I feel good for Arrington, Williams, Gibbs and the whole team, and I'm glad our coaches made the right decision.

Henry I respected your opinion on Lavar. In fact all the mods managed to stick by the coaches and not insult Lavar, you respectfully agreed with the coaching staff.

The problem is not all of the coaching staff defenders were as reasonable. Many of them took the idea that Lavar isn't good for the team and ran with it to the point where they were voicing their own hatred and then pretending it was all just agreement with the coaches. I saw a lot of guys agreeing that Lavar is the most over rated player in the leage and that he never earned his pro-bowls. Saw a lot of comments claiming that for every good play he had 4 bad ones....which if you think about it would make him worse then Jimoh. And there were a lot of personal insults directed at Lavar, calling him names and wanting him off the team.

Those people are haters. Some of them still are. They deserve to be called out for trashing a redskin the first chance they got.

Name a great LB that's not a free lancer. This phrase is overplayed. Ray Lewis is a Freelancer. Urlacher is a Freelancer. That phrase is played out. Most of your great LBs are freelancer in some way. It's true! Hell even Jesse Armstead was a Freelancer, and he played great with us.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. :D

What we mean is a player playing in an undisiplined manner, chasing after players rather than playing his assignments. While there can be some creativity from a player, everyone has their roles.

In the past, Lavar has not always conformed to his role, thereby being labeled as "undisiplined" as well as a freelancer.

Jason

Also, I don't think it was Gibbs sending the message to the team. Gibbs seemed kind of stand offish during the whole thing... even detached. As the head coach he never seemed to be the point person. He was always deffering to the defensive coaches.

And the story was constantly changing... you had one coach saying one thing and another coach saying something completely different. Williams said it was a physical thing and coaches like Bugel came right out and said that Lavar was a liablity because he plays out of position. It makes it difficult to believe anything from anyone with all the conflicting reasons flying around.

Those people are haters. Some of them still are. They deserve to be called out for trashing a redskin the first chance they got.

There are those (tho, some of the criticisms of Lavar in the past are perfectly valid. He has yet to live up to his potential.), but I think most of us were pretty reasonable. We know Lavar is talented, and we know this coaching staff isn't a bunch of idiots, so there must have been a reason. Just because we don't know what it was doesn't mean it wasn't valid.

A lot of people on here seem to think that there were only two sides to the arguments. Actually, there were three. The Lavar Lovers, the Lavar Haters (Who were calling for trades.), and the Williams Supporters, who knew Lavar had yet to reach his potential, and knew that the staff wasn't just going to rubber stamp guys.

Jason

Henry I respected your opinion on Lavar. In fact all the mods managed to stick by the coaches and not insult Lavar, you respectfully agreed with the coaching staff.

The problem is not all of the coaching staff defenders were as reasonable. Many of them took the idea that Lavar isn't good for the team and ran with it to the point where they were voicing their own hatred and then pretending it was all just agreement with the coaches. I saw a lot of guys agreeing that Lavar is the most over rated player in the leage and that he never earned his pro-bowls. Saw a lot of comments claiming that for every good play he had 4 bad ones....which if you think about it would make him worse then Jimoh. And there were a lot of personal insults directed at Lavar, calling him names and wanting him off the team.

Absolutely true. I have been shocked at how personal the attacks on Lavar got. How void of anything football. How absurd the accusations got. Hopefully now people will float to a more golden mean. And stop trying to make sensationlistic villians out of people.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. :D

What we mean is a player playing in an undisiplined manner, chasing after players rather than playing his assignments. While there can be some creativity from a player, everyone has their roles.

In the past, Lavar has not always conformed to his role, thereby being labeled as "undisiplined" as well as a freelancer.

Jason

In the past he didn't play for Greg Williams- so as far as that goes LaVar was starting last season before he got hurt, so I guest no player can become disiplined under a new coaching staff huh? Once a freelancer always a freelancer huh? Its just one question, is he STILL a freelancer or didn't he magicial become disiplined over-night. Because based on what the so called "Williams supports" say he would have never gotten any playing time because he still is undisiplined right?

All I saying is how come none of the coaches said he was a freelancer- I have never heard Greg williams mention it, but the media and the fans knew it all along. So if nobody mentions it then how does everybody know thats the reason he wasn't starting. And I can be wrong but did- Greg Williams ever mention that LaVar was not starting because he freelanced to much?

Because if he said that then I will shout the hell up.

No Greg didnt say it. The fans heard or read it some where and decided to run with it because they assume it makes their arguement seem better.

No one can provide a link or transcript to suck BS. Mark my words.

"I agree with you about Arrington. The quoted statement above shows that he literally had no basic knowledge of "work ethic"."

garbagew. this is one sentence out of context. for all you know it could have been much subtler..."I didn't know how to manage the coaching staff to shape expectations..." You and the others havhe a small problem - GW's official statement, after the SF game, was that they were not sure LA was physically ready/completely recovered until last week. LA already disputed that idea two weeks ago.

In the event, it's over with...with one small detail....all the haters never produced a shred of evidence - meaning real statistics - on just how pronounced or "out of the norm" his freelancing has been. not once - just an isolated example or two with no consideration of what other players have done or what the target ought to be. that's why this whole discussion has been farcical from day one and quickly regressed to the usual pov of folks who can only speculate..."Daddy knows best!"

No Greg didnt say it. The fans heard or read it some where and decided to run with it because they assume it makes their arguement seem better.

No one can provide a link or transcript to suck BS. Mark my words.

EXACTLY! but now they don't remember :rolleyes:

Everybody SCREAMED FREELANCER but couldn't tell me what game( UNDER Greg Williams) he did it in. :doh:

Amen Henry, preach on... :applause:

Hey can you & Henry preach it up to this guy...

Cram as much "BS", "stupid", "$hit storm" into your posts as you want, it only makes you look like you have an inferiority complex.

Ahh, the profile of the Lavar-basher:

"always painting himself a victim", "he's far too stupid", "we will see another $hit storm", "Lavar will always throw people under the bus", "the man's a time bomb", "he blows his top again",

...as long as you are going the route - most Lavar bashers were just Williams supporters. Thank you, much appreciated.

EXACTLY! but now they don't remember :rolleyes:

Everybody SCREAMED FREELANCER but couldn't tell me what game( UNDER Greg Williams) he did it in. :doh:

No one can tell me one play. They hold that man accountable for everything that goes wrong in Redskin land.

The beginning of last year no one mentioned him freelancing they all kept saying "QBKilla", "QBkilla!!" :laugh:

When he is not playing they dream up this freelance crap.

Hell when Ray Lewis got hurt last year I heard fans in B-Mo digging up his night on the town in Georgia in 2000.

I like the internet and all but unfortunately we have to deal with people who don't know what they think they know.

Archived