Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How can we stop "THE WAVE"

skinsdude

How can we stop the fans at FedEx from doing the wave? Yesterday they were doing it even when we were on offense. It’s embarrassing. It shows to the opposing team that our fans are concentrating on something other than the game. It makes us appear to be disinterested. As fans we need to maintain our intensity throughout the game. FedEx is a football stadium, not an amusement park.

Well, I was at the game and the wave started on the top level when we were up 42-7.

It was fun and it shows fan participation IMO. I dont see a problem.

If we were down and were driving for the game, or were only up 3 I could see your point.

At the point in which the wave occure so late in the game, it didn't even matter anymore... It was pretty funny, because around me people were going nuts the first 3-4 touchdowns, but the last 2 people were like "Yay, another touchdown" (in a bored manner).

I have issues about it getting done with the offense (B/c the wave gets loud) on the field.

But the fans stayed in the game (despite many leaving early 4th qtr) and if the wave did it, so be it.

Glad that we actually have something to cheer about (Wave has yet to happen in my 2 years at FedEx when we lose/are losing).

Didn't matter yesterday the game was put away. Our fans are clowns for doing it against the Bears and the seahawks though:doh: The funny thing yeseterday is the lowerlevel was on their buts while we were on Defense just watching the upperlevel do the wave then even the Club level joined them by the time the lower level joined in on the fun the upperlevel sat back down :doh:

The wave is the most idiotic thing ever done during any sport, by any fan. Nothing shows total ignorance to the game itself more than The Wave! Next time someone starts that damn thing, I will be the one remaining seated watching the game, oblivious to the morons around me who are more interested in standing up at just the right time and playing along, than they are in the game itself! Women and little girls should be the only ones doing The Wave.

Did I say that I absolutely freaking despise "The Wave?!" :hammer:

The wave is the most idiotic thing ever done during any sport, by any fan. Nothing shows total ignorance to the game itself more than The Wave! Next time someone starts that damn thing, I will be the one remaining seated watching the game, oblivious to the morons around me who are more interested in standing up at just the right time and playing along, than they are in the game itself! Women and little girls should be the only ones doing The Wave.

:applause:

I couldn't have said it better myself. I don't understand how someone could think otherwise.

Glad that we actually have something to cheer about

I think just being a Redskins fan, win or lose, and being at a game is reason enough to cheer, without having to resort to stupid games like The Wave. Save it for soccer fans! Especially THIS season, there is NO excuse to involve in disinterested antics like The Wave!

If people want to do the wave while we're on defense, more power to them. The folks who like the wave are the ones sitting on their hands and I'm in favor of anything to get them up and yelling.

The problem is, the kind of poieple who like the wave, don't know waht's going on and keep doing it after our offense hits the field. The reason the upper deck stopped the wave when we did is because we all knew to shut up while the offense was working.

If people want to do the wave while we're on defense, more power to them. The folks who like the wave are the ones sitting on their hands and I'm in favor of anything to get them up and yelling.

The problem is, the kind of poieple who like the wave, don't know waht's going on and keep doing it after our offense hits the field. The reason the upper deck stopped the wave when we did is because we all knew to shut up while the offense was working.

Which backs up my original post: nothing says "total ignorance" like a person involving "him"self or starting The Wave! I'm all for making a LOT of noise when the opposing offense is about to snap the ball. That doesn't require The Wave.

Goddamn! You guys are rediculous! I mean it's a game, it's supposed to be fun. I love football. I feel I know an exceptional amount about the game, but you know what, I did the wave. The game was over, honestly, it's not like we were in a tight game. I mean, I'm sorry that I wasn't like you guys sitting there in my lab jacket with a notepad documenting every play. I did the wave set down watched the play, and had some fun that's what you're supposed to do, wtf do you guys think you're supposed to do at a football game?

Goddamn! You guys are rediculous! I mean it's a game, it's supposed to be fun. I love football. I feel I know an exceptional amount about the game, but you know what, I did the wave. The game was over, honestly, it's not like we were in a tight game. I mean, I'm sorry that I wasn't like you guys sitting there in my lab jacket with a notepad documenting every play. I did the wave set down watched the play, and had some fun that's what you're supposed to do, wtf do you guys think you're supposed to do at a football game?

Exactly :applause:

I swear people will overanalyze ANYTHING. I mean seriously.

Yeah guys, take it easy on the wave. As you post about all the idiots doing it, just think how many there are compared with you complaining...it must have been 80 out of 90000 people doing it...before you go bashing the fans, remember we are in this thing together.

Its a way to get people into the game who would otherwise just sit there. I remember one time yesterday late in the third Q...after the wave had gone by all of our section finally stood up and cheered on a 3rd down. The wave is just another part of going to a major sporting event. Just consider yourself lucky to be there...and thankful that the SKINS are winning.

Archived